ajp

Celine Dion

Las Vegas - The Modern Era
(Updated Numbers - Dec 2017)

List%202_2.png

List%203_1.png

List%201_2.png

List%204.png

Some interesting numbers in there - poor Olivia probably shouldn't be included but I opted to incorporate her numbers anyway due to the fact that a residency is a residency. In reality, Donnie & Marie's residency probably has grossed more than Olivia's but I haven't had chance to work through the (limited) figures we have for them yet.

• What these lists really show is that as the average ticket prices in Las Vegas have increased, so to have the average gross figures, with Jennifer Lopez having (by far) the highest average gross per show figure (thanks to a huge average ticket price of $203.17). 
  • Incredibly, Celine has maintained an average 97.0% sell-out rate for nearly 15 years across a combined 1,075 shows - unprecedented.
  • Both have Elton's residencies have stayed above the 99.0% mark but the average number of "bums in seats" has dropped from residency #1 to residency #2.
  • Of the big Vegas names, Bette Midler has the worst sell-out % and is the worst drawing Las Vegas headline act of the modern era, though her average gross figure is slightly ahead of Shania's thanks to a higher average ticket price and the fact that she offered, on average, more tickets per night.

The top 15 residencies of the modern era have grossed a combined $1,443,895,807 and have sold a combined 9,842,417 concert tickets.

Tonight, Britney Spears finishes her Las Vegas residency - she still has an extra 5 shows to add to her figures above but she will leave Las Vegas as the 2nd most successful female artist in Las Vegas history. She will have grossed around $136.25 million and she will have sold around 915,000 tickets. Of the modern era, only 4 artists have grossed over $100 million in Las Vegas - Britney Spears belongs in that elite company. 

Las Vegas will miss her.

Touring Australia/NZ July-August 2018

MUSICAL superstar Celine Dion will tour Australia in July and August.

Dion, who last toured here in 2008, will play Sydney’s Qudos Bank Arena on July 27, Brisbane Entertainment Centre on July 30, Perth Arena on August 4 and Melbourne’s Rod Laver Arena on August 7.

Dion will not be performing in Adelaide.

Tickets for the shows go on sale February 19, with a pre-sale starting February 12.

While the Canadian singer has been performing residencies in Vegas since 2003, she says the Australian leg will be a special show created for local audiences.

“We’re not going to duplicate the show we’re doing in Las Vegas,” Dion told News Corp. “The point isn’t to take the show we do in Vegas and bring it to Australia. It’s about creating a new show.

UK:

From last week's chart (not most recent):

NEW 159 914 45% 32    1,006,747 MY LOVE - THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION    CELINE DION

Officially, her 5th biggest-selling album in the UK and her 5th million-selling album!

Her 5 best-selling albums in order: Falling Into You, Let's Talk About Love, The Colour of My Love & All The Way...A Decade of Song & My Love: Ultimate Essential Collection.

To date, she has sold some 12 million albums in the UK - second only to Madonna as far as female artists go. And English isn't even her first language.

48 minutes ago, wayne said:

UK:

From last week's chart (not most recent):

NEW 159 914 45% 32    1,006,747 MY LOVE - THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION    CELINE DION

Officially, her 5th biggest-selling album in the UK and her 5th million-selling album!

Her 5 best-selling albums in order: Falling Into You, Let's Talk About Love, The Colour of My Love & All The Way...A Decade of Song & My Love: Ultimate Essential Collection.

To date, she has sold some 12 million albums in the UK - second only to Madonna as far as female artists go. And English isn't even her first language.

That's really good for a GH album, and for one that peaked at #5 on the charts there. 

Legend cry7

16/3 chart (UK):

81 81 1,507 28% 6 1,013,944 MY LOVE - THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION CELINE DION

Confirmed UK sales of 1.013 million copies.

Sales Updates - History

16/03/18 - 1,013,944
02/02/18 - 1,006,747
15/09/17 - 992,831
22/04/16 - 931,707
22/03/15 - 889,682
22/01/09 - 402,000 *
27/12/08 - 398,000 *

THIS IS FROM "CELINE DION THAILAND"

"Breaking News 
Celine Dion Cancel Show in Thailand" 

UH OH, IM THINKING THE WHOLE TOUR IS CANCELLED, JUST AS I FEARED WAS GOING TO HAPPEN CAUSE OF HER EAR DISORDER!!   

awww all of those POOR FANS WHO WERE GOING TO GO!! of course i was NOT going to go cause I CAN NOT AFFORD TRAVELING, but MY HEART BREAKS JUST THE SAME FOR THE FANS WHO WERE GOING, & NOW IM MORE SCARED & WORRIED ABOUT HER!!   

wow what a HORRIBLE WAY to celebrate easter & spring break ugggggghhh   

WHEN THE F*CK IS THIS YEAR OVER WITH YET?? IM DONE WITH 2018 ALREADY, THIS YEAR BITES!!  😞😞😢😢😨😨😱😱😰😰😖😖 

THIS IS FROM "CELINE DION THAILAND"

"Breaking News 
Celine Dion Cancel Show in Thailand" 

UH OH, IM THINKING THE WHOLE TOUR IS CANCELLED, JUST AS I FEARED WAS GOING TO HAPPEN CAUSE OF HER EAR DISORDER!!   

awww all of those POOR FANS WHO WERE GOING TO GO!! of course i was NOT going to go cause I CAN NOT AFFORD TRAVELING, but MY HEART BREAKS JUST THE SAME FOR THE FANS WHO WERE GOING, & NOW IM MORE SCARED & WORRIED ABOUT HER!!   

wow what a HORRIBLE WAY to celebrate easter & spring break ugggggghhh   

WHEN THE F*CK IS THIS YEAR OVER WITH YET?? IM DONE WITH 2018 ALREADY, THIS YEAR BITES!!  😞😞😢😢😨😨😱😱😰😰😖😖 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4589777

"What is Patulous eustachian tube, the disorder affecting Céline Dion? 

In Patulous eustachian tube, the channel that runs between middle ear and back of nose and throat stays open
The Canadian Press

March 23, 2018 

The hearing condition that has caused Quebec pop star Céline Dion to cancel some upcoming Las Vegas shows is known as Patulous eustachian tube. So just what is it and why does it occur?

Patulous eustachian tube is a disorder in which the channel that runs between the middle ear and back of the nose and throat stays open. Normally, these eustachian tubes remain closed and open only occasionally to regulate air pressure around the ear drum. A valve near the opening into the middle ear controls this process. 

Sneezing, swallowing or yawning causes the valve to open, which keeps air pressure and fluid from building up inside the ears. Descending in an aircraft can also affect the function of the valves and eustachian tubes, leading to a pressure build-up that muffles hearing and sometimes causes pain. 
Dr. Vincent Lin, a surgical otologist at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto, said the exact cause of Patulous eustachian tube is unknown.

"We know that there's a little bit of fat around the valve and people who, for example, lose a massive amount of weight will also lose fat," he said Thursday. "And that fat pad, if you lose a lot of weight, it can almost pull open the valve and it becomes almost floppy." 

Dion is "a pretty thin lady," Lin said. "She is the kind of typical person who has these kind of symptoms."

Other risk factors for Patulous eustachian tube include pregnancy, fatigue, stress, exercise and temporomandibular joint syndrome in the jaw. Some cases have been linked to medications such as oral contraceptives or diuretics (water pills) that increase urine secretion. Stroke, multiple sclerosis and motor neuron disease also have been implicated. 

Symptoms include "distorted autophony" — hearing one's own voice or breathing, an echoing effect that can interfere with speech — as well as sensations of wave-like sounds that interfere with auditory perception and a feeling of fullness in the ear. In severe cases, vertigo and hearing loss may occur.

Ways to alleviate symptoms

Lin said there is no standard treatment for the disorder, but some people are able to temporarily alleviate symptoms with positional manoeuvres, such as lying down or lowering their head between their knees.

"But obviously you can't walk around all day with your head down."

Patients may also be advised to avoid diuretics and to increase body weight. Certain nasal medications may help to reduce symptoms in some patients, while surgical treatment may be recommended for others.

One of those surgical options involves injecting fat around the eustachian tube to "bulk it up a little bit" to try to make the valve behave as it should, said Lin. "But it's a short-term solution most of the time because the fat is resorbed."

Some people take the extreme step of scarring the valve so it closes, but that can cause fluid to build up or the ear drum to get sucked in, he said.

"With my patients, I tell them there is no easy fix for this … these patients are very, very challenging because the number one thing is to manage their expectations so they know that what we're going to try may only be temporary or may not work at all."" 

😞😞😢😢😨😨😱😱😰😰😖😖

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4589777

"What is Patulous eustachian tube, the disorder affecting Céline Dion? 

In Patulous eustachian tube, the channel that runs between middle ear and back of nose and throat stays open
The Canadian Press

March 23, 2018 

The hearing condition that has caused Quebec pop star Céline Dion to cancel some upcoming Las Vegas shows is known as Patulous eustachian tube. So just what is it and why does it occur?

Patulous eustachian tube is a disorder in which the channel that runs between the middle ear and back of the nose and throat stays open. Normally, these eustachian tubes remain closed and open only occasionally to regulate air pressure around the ear drum. A valve near the opening into the middle ear controls this process. 

Sneezing, swallowing or yawning causes the valve to open, which keeps air pressure and fluid from building up inside the ears. Descending in an aircraft can also affect the function of the valves and eustachian tubes, leading to a pressure build-up that muffles hearing and sometimes causes pain. 
Dr. Vincent Lin, a surgical otologist at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Toronto, said the exact cause of Patulous eustachian tube is unknown.

"We know that there's a little bit of fat around the valve and people who, for example, lose a massive amount of weight will also lose fat," he said Thursday. "And that fat pad, if you lose a lot of weight, it can almost pull open the valve and it becomes almost floppy." 

Dion is "a pretty thin lady," Lin said. "She is the kind of typical person who has these kind of symptoms."

Other risk factors for Patulous eustachian tube include pregnancy, fatigue, stress, exercise and temporomandibular joint syndrome in the jaw. Some cases have been linked to medications such as oral contraceptives or diuretics (water pills) that increase urine secretion. Stroke, multiple sclerosis and motor neuron disease also have been implicated. 

Symptoms include "distorted autophony" — hearing one's own voice or breathing, an echoing effect that can interfere with speech — as well as sensations of wave-like sounds that interfere with auditory perception and a feeling of fullness in the ear. In severe cases, vertigo and hearing loss may occur.

Ways to alleviate symptoms

Lin said there is no standard treatment for the disorder, but some people are able to temporarily alleviate symptoms with positional manoeuvres, such as lying down or lowering their head between their knees.

"But obviously you can't walk around all day with your head down."

Patients may also be advised to avoid diuretics and to increase body weight. Certain nasal medications may help to reduce symptoms in some patients, while surgical treatment may be recommended for others.

One of those surgical options involves injecting fat around the eustachian tube to "bulk it up a little bit" to try to make the valve behave as it should, said Lin. "But it's a short-term solution most of the time because the fat is resorbed."

Some people take the extreme step of scarring the valve so it closes, but that can cause fluid to build up or the ear drum to get sucked in, he said.

"With my patients, I tell them there is no easy fix for this … these patients are very, very challenging because the number one thing is to manage their expectations so they know that what we're going to try may only be temporary or may not work at all."" 

😞😞😢😢😨😨😱😱😰😰😖😖

OMG, THIS IS FROM AN ARTICLE THAT IS POSTED ON CELINEDIONFORUM.COM LAST WEEK, it is an interview with CELINES VOCAL COACH!! 

"SINGING BECOMES IMPOSSIBLE FOR CÉLINE DION... The diva will have to be operated on." 
"Singing becomes impossible for Celine, it's panicking"
VAT News | Published on March 22, 2018 

"Celine Dion is forced to cancel all shows in Las Vegas until mid-April because of a problem in the ear that will require a delicate operation. Her singing teacher explains what the diva is suffering from.

"She suffers from autophony. She hears her own voice abnormally loudly. She hears her heart beat very hard and her breathing is very strong. Our ears are the most important part of singing, "says Johanne Raby who is also coauthor of singing with her whole body.

Autophony prevents Céline from singing as beautifully as she knows how to do it. "She can not hear the piano and the instruments. So singing becomes impossible for her, it's distracting and panicking because singing is her job, "says the singing teacher.

"She can not sing right anymore. The instruments become cacophonous for her. It must be appalling. She is like a sportswoman. When she sings, she is an athlete. Singers work as hard as athletes for their physical and vocal training. They want to be in shape on stage and give, "says Johanne Raby.

Celine Dion has used drops to try to relieve her symptoms, but these remedies are no longer effective. She will have to undergo surgery "minimally invasive" to set the autophony.

"I sincerely hope that it will come back," hopes Raby.

The singer should be back on stage in Las Vegas on May 22 for a series of 12 shows that will run until June 9. Celine Dion will then begin, on June 26, a tour of Asia and Oceania that will take her to Tokyo, Singapore, Manila and Sydney." 

TALK ABOUT TOTAL HEARTBREAKING!!  

😞😞😢😢😨😨😱😱😰😰😖😖 

i have a SERIOUS question: can a person be able to SING WHILE BEING DEAF (OR ALMOST DEAF WITH VERY LITTLE HEARING??) thanks  

IM SOOOO SCARED FOR CELINE, I HOPE SHE WILL NOT LOSE HER HEARING & SINGING, CAUSE I WILL MISS HER SO MUCH IF SHE HAS TO GO INTO EARLY RETIREMENT CAUSE OF THIS AWFUL DISORDER, OH NOOOOOOOO!! 

😞😞😢😢😨😨😱😱😰😰😖😖 

On 4/10/2018 at 3:47 PM, wayne said:

^ Will you please stop posting you're dross all over the internet, you're EVERYWHERE with your rubbish.

Courtesy of Iiketheair over @ UKMIX, Celine has finally topped the 1 billion mark on Spotify streams:

English disc: 830.9 million
French disc: 169.8 million

https://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6806157#p6806157 

geez wayne, PLEASE dont tell me that you are a MODERATOR on this site TOO?? so you are supposedly a "celine fan" but we are NOT allowed to speak about celine UNLESS SHE IS CURRENTLY PERFORMING!! but it could be never again!! 

you had BANNED ME PERMENANTLY FROM UKMIX, YOU GOT ME KICKED OFF FROM THAT SITE & im guessing you will now do THE SAME ON THIS ONE!! so im ONLY allowed to talk about CURRENTLY ACTIVE ARTISTS?? OR ONLY ONES THAT YOU APPROVE OF?? wow talking about taking away the 1st admendment!! 😱😱😠😠😡😡 

hmmm now im starting to wonder why celine had started to sell purses now... cause she did not start the purse brand until last year (maybe after she was diagnosed with the PET syndrome??) hmmm it is definetely something to think about, cause the purse collection is definetely surprising & unexpected!!   

sorry but in my opinion im not into the purse collection that much sorry!! i would much ratherget a new english album from her than some fancy & overly-priced purses that i would never use or need, sorry lol!!   

cause to be honest, im a very low-maintenance & casual dressed gal lol!! im very much a jeans & t-shirts/sweatshirts & sweatpants/sneakers & flip flops kind of person, the more casual the better!! & i dont really go out a whole lot, except to WORK & ERRANDS lol!! & i only need the one purse i already have, which is more like a 'big tote' cause i use it mainly for work!! (my boyfriend got it for me 2 years ago for $30 at target & its still in great condition!!) 

so sorry, but celines 'purse collection' is useless & uninteresting to me, im more interested in her music & singing!!  

here is another article & it is NOT from radaronline!! it is from "journal post" which is a reliable newspaper (& website of course, all newspapers & magazines have websites nowadays!!) 

https://www.journalpost.com/enterainment/celebs/celine-dion-retire-ear-condition/

Journal Post

Celine Dion’s ear condition might force her to retire from singing

By Murtaza Nasir -  April 15, 2018

Titanic singer, Celine Dion’s ear condition might force her to retire from singing; she has already canceled her famous concerts at Caesars Palace’s Colosseum.

Ear surgery

The Canadian singer will undergo the surgery. Her fans were devastated to know that the singer would not be performing at the dates she had announced.

Dion turned 50 on March 30. She thanked her fans their beautiful wishes and for supporting her over the years. She also left her fans worried, when she added that she is suffering from an ear condition that has caused her to cancel her performances. She added that she plans to undergo a surgery to make it possible for her to sing again.

Her family is worried that she wont be able to sing again. The Canadian singer is suffering from a condition called Patulous Eustachian tube, which has rendered her unable to sing properly.

She has been singing with the help of ear medication for a year now, but the situation has worsened and demands a surgery. While it may fix the problem, it also poses a risk that Dion might never be able to sing again. Sources close to the singer said that Dion is scared of the surgery. 

Cancellation of the concerts 

Dion announced in an official statement that she can’t perform in the upcoming scheduled concerts. She said, "My luck hasn’t been very good lately. I just can’t believe it! I know how disappointing this is, and I’m so sorry."

Worried friends and family 

Some fans are now wondering is was Celine Dion entirely honest about her condition and the severity of it? Her fans – and reportedly even her family – fear that she might not be able to sing again. They realize this surgery could be a life-changing one, and could potentially end her career.

A close source to Dion has mentioned that the singer herself is worried about the possible outcome of the surgery. The source said, “Céline is scared. She’s trying to downplay it, but she’s been fighting this ailment for 18 months.”

Talking to Radar,  Dr. Gabe Mirkin said, “This is a terribly serious condition for a singer. This surgery is critical because there is an incredibly high failure rate.”

Her fans are devastated to know about the seriousness of the problem and will be praying for the Canadian singer to get well soon. We can’t wait to see her back in good health and singing like always." 

😞😞😣😣😢😢😭😭😱😱😰😰

this is from MSN.com... thanks Merveilleuse Céline Martin for the link to the translation of this article!! 😘😘 

BUT THIS DOES NOT LOOK LIKE ANY GOOD NEWS!! 😱😱😭😭😪😪 

"Catastrophe! Celine Dion could NEVER sing anymore according to her vocal coach

The new risk of leaving you speechless, and you are not the only ones. Attentive autophonie, the singer Celine Dion is waiting to undergo surgery to hope to repel the ditty ...
Big cold, irritation of the voice, illness targeting the vocal cords ... The absence of Celine Dion is a daily suffering for the fans who do not know where to give the head, but also for the singer, sick as a caribou of the Great North . Half-rage half pain, fans who expect to see her on the prestigious stage of the Caesars Palace in Las Vegas may still cry their tears of salt for weeks ... the news is not good!

Interviewed by Le Journal de Montréal, Céline Dion's singing teacher confessed to being very worried about her state of health. If we knew that she was suffering from a disorder of the middle ear - known as the Eustachian hornpipe - it was unclear that the discomfort of this disease could simply prevent her from singing along. term. "She suffers from autophony," said Johanne Raby. She hears her own voice abnormally loudly. She hears her heart beat very hard and her breathing is very strong. Our ears are the most important part of singing. "

The treatment with drops that stabilized until then no longer seems to work. After blowing her 50 candles, out of sight and surrounded by her children, Celine Dion should undergo surgery to finally - normally - go back on stage. "She can not hear the piano and the instruments," said her vocal coach. So singing becomes impossible for her, it's disconcerting since singing is her job. Can not just sing, it must be terrible for her. The show must go on, but it's not for now..." 

💔💔😫😫