ajp

Celine Dion

the first eight shows have sold out. 33,367 people have attended the show so far, and they've made $5,551,925. I actually read that the entire first block of tickets has sold out.

I'm thinking of purchasing tickets to her December 31st show.

I doubt there's even an ounce of interest, but here are the Billboard box scores for the first two months of her new show:

Celine Dion

The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

Las Vegas, Nev.

March 15-16, 19-20, 22-23, 25-26, 2011

$5,551,925

33,367 / 33,367

8 / 8

$250, $175, $140, $55

Concerts West/AEG Live

Celine Dion

Las Vegas, Nev.

April 1-3, 6-7, 9-10, 12-13, 15-17, 2011

$8,531,415

50,842 / 50,842

12 / 12

$250, $175, $140, $55

Concerts West/AEG Live

the May box scores will probably be available next week.

oh, and this song is so gorgeous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUxnUqaL3Sc

^ She makes more money than your faves ever could!

NEW boxscores:

5 Celine Dion The Colosseum at Caesars Palace

Las Vegas, Nev.

June 14-15, 18-19, 21-22, 25-26, 2011

$5,689,890

33,875 /

8 /

$250, $175, $140, $55

Concerts West/AEG Live

there were actually a few posted last week as well:

Celine Dion

Las Vegas, Nev.

June 7-8, 11-12, 2011

$2,855,620

16,964 / 16,964

4 / 4

$250, $175, $140, $55

Concerts West/AEG Live

amazing that she is able to sell so many tickets when this show was hardly promoted in any way.

+tehe3+ which faves I have a lot

Well a quick estimation reveals that Celine has earned more money than any other soloist from ticket sales [$1 billion], her perfume portfolio is amongst the most successful fragrance lines in the world [$1 billion grossed so far], her album sales have generated at least $2 billion based on estimations using Billboard magazine's from the 1990's through to the present day, she was the majority owner in a chain of Canadian restaurants, she has 13 private companies in her name, or her husbands name, and she owns a $20m property in Florida, a $4m property in Vegas, a $9m property in Canada, a rumoured $47m property in France, as well as a few other minor properties here and there.

Anyway, wealth is not here, nor there - and lets face it, there really is no comparison anyway. Because when it comes to solo artists, there's only two other acts in her league, and one of them died in 2009.

*Ah, that makes me feel so much better*

Well a quick estimation reveals that Celine has earned more money than any other soloist from ticket sales [$1 billion], her perfume portfolio is amongst the most successful fragrance lines in the world [$1 billion grossed so far], her album sales have generated at least $2 billion based on estimations using Billboard magazine's from the 1990's through to the present day, she was the majority owner in a chain of Canadian restaurants, she has 13 private companies in her name, or her husbands name, and she owns a $20m property in Florida, a $4m property in Vegas, a $9m property in Canada, a rumoured $47m property in France, as well as a few other minor properties here and there.

Anyway, wealth is not here, nor there - and lets face it, there really is no comparison anyway. Because when it comes to solo artists, there's only two other acts in her league, and one of them died in 2009.

*Ah, that makes me feel so much better*

+laughcry+

With that boxscore above, Celine has now grossed $26,103,055 and has sold 156,264 for an average ticket price of around $165. She has sold out 37/37 shows - 100% sell out rate. The average per show attendance is 4,223. And the average per show gross is $705,487. Celine currently walks out with $500k per night guaranteed + a substantial share of any merchandise with her name on it, bought from the Celine boutique at Caesars Palace.

One word: QUEEN.

Well, you can't take it with you when you're gone. What use is billions of dollars ? If you can afford a lavish extravagant life that should be good enough tbh.

I'd much rather Mariah's happy-go-lucky still-relevant-on-the-charts lifestyle then these girls like Céline, Cher, Charo, even my girl Khia (love her though), who have to rely on their old music to boost tour ticket sales.

Well, you can't take it with you when you're gone. What use is billions of dollars ? If you can afford a lavish extravagant life that should be good enough tbh.

I'd much rather Mariah's happy-go-lucky still-relevant-on-the-charts lifestyle then these girls like Céline, Cher, Charo, even my girl Khia (love her though), who have to rely on their old music to boost tour ticket sales.

If that was true, then Celine wouldn't well albums. Her last studio set sold ~3.5m copies worldwide.