Radio

Madonna or Mariah

a  

47 members have voted

1. 1. b

lol at the youtube receipt when Madonna doesn't even have 1/4 of her videography on her YT channel
lol at Madonna not having 'a classic'
lol at Barbra and Celine as R&B
lol at Madonna's legacy is only spreading her legs and controversies when Mariah herself had a public meltdown on MTV and currently a REALITY TV STAR
lol at generic and soul-less DANCE POP drag when Mariah has It's Like That and Obsessed or even worst, Triumphant under her wings.
lol at you comparing a cover of Santa Baby from a charity album, a song written as a satire for how commercialized Christmas song has become, to an actual example of the most commercialized Christmas song ever

Both are inspirational but Madonna wins this one because Mariah simply never reach the level of brilliance that is Ray Of Light or Like A Prayer. Mariah is rather one dimensional in terms of music since she tends to repeat the same formula for her songwriting. Yes, She's a better singer than Madonna but her lack of risk-taking sometimes holding her back, blending her together with the likes of Toni Braxton or Whitney.

ebde13251597f492b6c20bd8021b1eab.jpg
20 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Acclaimed music http://acclaimedmusic.net/

Artists overall:

#27 Madonna (#2 female)

#Fired judge from talent show turned reality star turned opening act Not In Top 1000

Albums:

#74 Madonna (#4 female)

#Fired judge from talent show turned reality star turned opening act Not In Top 1000

Songs:

#12 Madonna (#1 female)

#660 Fired judge from talent show turned reality star turned opening act lmfao1

Only real talent with quality, boundary pushing ahead of her times music clap3 

leave that washed up vegas travesty in dumpster where it belongs clap3

Youtube is irrelevant in Madonna's case since fan upload videos are getting more views because they are not blocked and her fan uploads are getting removed for years now, just recently fan version of her vevo was removed and it gained a lot of views.

Fan upload of La Isla Bonita currently has 67,5m views in 3 years (+ official one equals 100m views)

4 Minutes has 3 versions uploaded and #1 video is fan upload with blocked audio

Fan upload of LAP is also about to overtake official one that us only available in 13 countries, same goes for LAV that has almost as official one

The most important thing is that Madonna is winning on recurrent radio plays in both UK (at the moment #12 most played artist of the last 30 days - only behind Adele) and US (#2 recurrent artist overall), and as you know very well in Serbia too where 2 Rebel Heart demos were even on radio charts  :)

But since Madonna is DESTROYING Mooriah in acclaim, longevity, impact, influence, sales, quality, tours, no wonder you are jumping on youtube views especially now during Christmas time. Can't wait to see her next album struggling to sell 100k worldwide like her previous did lmfao1

I hope you enjoy that reality show where she's staging romance with gay dancers lmfao2  when will kim k? lmfao2 

All that acclaimed music (lol at that random site though, like wtf) and still not a single big classic a la I Will Always Love You, My Heart Will Go On or All I Want For Christmas Is You. I guess the GP has spoken since these songs scalp Deadonna's entire catalog. 

I only see bunch of excuses. Btw, I am not a Mariah fan, just here to state the facts. I don't have to be mad at all since my fave, Celine, is scalping your granny in albums sales and is able to go Diamond after 30 years without tickets bundle, 45464684 performances on big promo slots and usage of gimmicks. She is coming for 1 million with a FRENCH album, your fave failed to sell 1 million (still stuck in 900k range) with Flop Heart. And Mediatraffic (your fave site) constantly underestimates Celine numbers and inflates Oldonna sales. When an album full of instrumentals and 1 vocal song sells more than any album by so called Queen of Pop, you know it's game over.

Deadonna ain't destorying anyone. Her only legacy are stunts, gimmicks, dancing naked on stage. I'll leave the music part to true talented people who can actually SING since that is their primary job. Unfortunately, Grannydonna is not one of them.

Btw, stop stalking all my posts. I know you can't wait to see what's next coming from me, but calm your titties a little bit.

51 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

4 songs? Still 4 more than they know by Madonna, that's for sure.

Recurrent play on Youtube (aka the biggest streaming service in the world)

Madonna

Video Total Curr avg Peak Like % Blocked
222,421,999 139,956 10 75.0  
107,131,765 103,972   95.0

Mariah

Video Total Curr avg Peak Like % Blocked
242,491,359 2,267,474 17 95.9  
201,771,482 193,888   96.2  
126,159,671 109,958   95.3  
125,778,191 147,105   96.6  
125,407,817 466,140 9 90.1  
114,372,529 154,050  

20,791,646 157,380   95.7

I chose songs with 100k a day. As you can see, Mariah is the winner, people stream her music more (even without Christmas jingles). All you can do is bring chart peaks, sales from 100 years ago to prove something, but unfortunately that doesn't mean certain song is a classic (Madonna is a perfect example). She is supposed to be Queen of pop yet she doesn't have classics as big as Believe, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, My Heart Will Go On, I Will Always Love You and many others. Why is that? All those sales and still no big classics. Looks like smoke and mirrors.

And basically all Madonna albums consist of generic dance and pop songs with horrible vocals and basic, shallow lyrics. Her songs have no soul and sound so dated. It's not my fault her only legacy is spreading legs on stage and encouraging others to use stunts for publicity. But you wouldn't understand that since she has 0 raw talent unlike Mariah who is the standard when it comes to singing (along with Whitney, Aretha, Barbara, Celine) and basically dictates R&B singing style we know today.

Btw, why are Deadonna fans trying it with All I Want For Chrisymas Is You as if your fave didn't fail miserably with that atrocious Santa Baby cover no one remembers? 

67,500,374 views in 3 years, gets 150k+ views a day. :) 

Also, what is this myth that Madonna's classics being compared to Mariah's being somehow a fair comparison? Madonna's essential hits were released in the 80's, while Mariah's were predominantly released in the mid to late 90's - which is when most of the ages that are now using streaming services started gaining consciousness, meaning they experienced Mariah's peak on a certain level, they didn't with Madonna. With that being said, Madonna still has the edge in Spotify and she would have definitely had the edge in YouTube if she had proper management in that area of her career.

6 minutes ago, light741 said:

@Jjang @sledgehammer

Is there any feud between Celine and Madonna that i'm not aware of?. Only in here i see them being put up against each other.

My bets are that he doesn't even care for Celine and that he wants to use her as a card to miserably diss Madonna rip4 not realizing that he dissed Mariah in the process as well without knowing.rip4

20 minutes ago, Ultra Blue said:

lol at the youtube receipt when Madonna doesn't even have 1/4 of her videography on her YT channel

lol at Madonna not having 'a classic'

lol at Barbra and Celine as R&B

lol at Madonna's legacy is only spreading her legs and controversies when Mariah herself had a public meltdown on MTV and currently a REALITY TV STAR

lol at generic and soul-less DANCE POP drag when Mariah has It's Like That and Obsessed or even worst, Triumphant under her wings.

lol at you comparing a cover of Santa Baby from a charity album, a song written as a satire for how commercialized Christmas song has become, to an actual example of the most commercialized Christmas song ever

Both are inspirational but Madonna wins this one because Mariah simply never reach the level of brilliance that is Ray Of Light or Like A Prayer. Mariah is rather one dimensional in terms of music since she tends to repeat the same formula for her songwriting. Yes, She's a better singer than Madonna but her lack of risk-taking sometimes holding her back, blending her together with the likes of Toni Braxton or Whitney.

1. Not my fault it's not there. It's not like anyone would watch it anyway since her music is garbage.

2. She doesn't have any big classics, sorry. 

celine.gif

3. I said Celine, Barbara, Aretha and others set the standards when it comes to singing, not that they are R&B. It's Mariah who made impact on R&B singing style. Read again.

4. And still doesn't change the fact that Mariah is one of the best singers of all time with huge influence on singing styles for entire generations of stars that are trying to emulate her. Since Madonna has no singing talent, I don't see it for her, sorry. She should stick with burning crosses and cone bras.

5. Still not as basic as 90% of Madonna songs. Bitch I'm Madonna anyone? All of her albums since Confessions? Hello?

6. Again, since she has no talent, it's not my fault it was a huge flop and embarrassment. She obviously tried but failed miserably. The same goes for her soundtracks.

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Then why was Like a Prayer streamed 57 million times (My Heart WIll Go On ~60m+) despite being released nearly a decade before and without having the biggest film of all time enhance its success? interesting1

As far as i know Leona Lewis's song from Avatar flopped.

I think is accurate to say Like A Prayer is Madonna's biggest hit. Some say Vogue or Hung Up, or Like A Virgin. But i feel LAP resonates more. What do you think?.

11 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

All that acclaimed music (lol at that random site though, like wtf) and still not a single big classic a la I Will Always Love You, My Heart Will Go On or All I Want For Christmas Is You. I guess the GP has spoken since these songs scalp Deadonna's entire catalog. 

I only see bunch of excuses. Btw, I am not a Mariah fan, just here to state the facts. I don't have to be mad at all since my fave, Celine, is scalping your granny in albums sales and is able to go Diamond after 30 years without tickets bundle, 45464684 performances on big promo slots and usage of gimmicks. She is coming for 1 million with a FRENCH album, your fave failed to sell 1 million (still stuck in 900k range) with Flop Heart. And Mediatraffic (your fave site) constantly underestimates Celine numbers and inflates Oldonna sales. When an album full of instrumentals and 1 vocal song sells more than any album by so called Queen of Pop, you know it's game over.

Deadonna ain't destorying anyone. Her only legacy are stunts, gimmicks, dancing naked on stage. I'll leave the music part to true talented people who can actually SING since that is their primary job. Unfortunately, Grannydonna is not one of them.

Btw, stop stalking all my posts. I know you can't wait to see what's next coming from me, but calm your titties a little bit.

If you bothered opening that site you would;ve read what is based on (but since receipts made you shit in your pants no wonder you tried to discredit it), i mean do you want to see more receipts?

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Madonna inducted in her first year of eligibility in 2008. Mariah not even nominated

Madonna is nominated to be inducted in Songwriters Hall of Fame next year. Mariah was never nominated.

Rolling Stone's list of best songwriters ever: Madonna #56 Madonna (#4 female)

Even if you check their list of best vocalist Mariah is not even in top 100!!! lmfao1

Madonna is not defined by one hit or one song. She's true artist who actually progressed artistically and wasn't one dimensional. She has plenty of classics from 3 different decades. And she or her artistry are not defined or put to shadow by holiday song lmfao1 imagine being defined by Christmas song or soundtrack single that even composer hated and didn't wanted on the soundtrack lmfao2 only dumb stans would claim that it's better to have one song that is bigger than your career than having MULTIPLE classics in 3 decades 

You mean of Madonna's catalog as in catalog that is reentering charts during whole year? The immaculate collection spent months in top 100 on itunes in UK, it renetred several times BB200 including Celebration and Like a Virgin. Just few weeks ago Like a Prayer and True Blue reentered top 50 Albums chart in UK

Diamond where? In france where she actually had ALL OF THAT? And sorry to break it down for you but it's still 300k away from RH and judging by its current ww sales it's not going to reach RH, let alone her next english album (since her last English album also sold last than Madonna's). When was the last time she actually had album that sold over 2m ww? 10 years ago? What about top 10 single in US? 20 years ago?

Sorry quote me when that soundtrack is actually credited as celine album lmfao2 no matter how many times you repeat that into your not so bright head that album will never be considered as celine album since it's N.O.T.lmfao2

Her nly legacy is seen in every pop star today which is why they are still crediting HER and getting inspiration from her albums (2 biggest acts of decade! actually 3 if we add gaga to that list)

While celine's only legacy is getting in that basement in vegas as semi retired karaoke singer  :( i won;t even write artist since everyone knows that she's not that.

12 minutes ago, light741 said:

@Jjang @sledgehammer

Is there any feud between Celine and Madonna that i'm not aware of?. Only in here i see them being put up against each other.

Nope, I simply dislike Madonna and her fans can't stand the fact that Celine sold more albums that her if we count The Titanic Soundtrack (which sold shitloads of albums mainly because of MHWGO aka the only single from it). Plus they are constantly trying to drag all other female artists (Gaga and Mariah are the best examples) and act like Madonna is untouchable, but as you can see she is draggable as well. I like destroying the myths about her greatness, that's all.

Just now, light741 said:

As far as i know Leona Lewis's song from Avatar flopped.

I think is accurate to say Like A Prayer is Madonna's biggest hit. Some say Vogue or Hung Up, or Like A Virgin. But i feel LAP resonates more. What do you think?.

Titanic carries much more of a sentimental value than Avatar so it is only natural the sound associated with it will benefit from that though, not really shade but just rational thought process.

I'd say LAP / Vogue / LAV are equal, Material Girl close second and then Hung Up.

2 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

Nope, I simply dislike Madonna and her fans can't stand the fact that Celine sold more albums that her if we count The Titanic Soundtrack (which sold shitloads of albums mainly because of MHWGO aka the only single from it). Plus they are constantly trying to drag all other female artists (Gaga and Mariah are the best examples) and act like Madonna is untouchable, but as you can see she is draggable as well. I like destroying the myths about her greatness, that's all.

Then destroy that myth in your head :D

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Titanic carries much more of a sentimental value than Avatar so it is only natural the sound associated with it will benefit from that though, not really shade but just rational thought process.

I'd say LAP / Vogue / LAV are equal, Material Girl close second and then Hung Up.

I guess. But Avatar outdid Titanic. I think Avatar is the most successful movie of all time. But Titanic is more memorable IMO. More of a classic.

22 minutes ago, light741 said:

@Jjang @sledgehammer

Nah, they're cool with each other. They're distant cousins after all. Although, come to think of it. That Titanic song did snatched ROTY grammy from ROL   mad4

19 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

1. Not my fault it's not there. It's not like anyone would watch it anyway since her music is garbage.

2. She doesn't have any big classics, sorry. 

celine.gif

3. I said Celine, Barbara, Aretha and others set the standards when it comes to singing, not that they are R&B. It's Mariah who made impact on R&B singing style. Read again.

4. And still doesn't change the fact that Mariah is one of the best singers of all time with huge influence on singing styles for entire generations of stars that are trying to emulate her. Since Madonna has no singing talent, I don't see it for her, sorry. She should stick with burning crosses and cone bras.

5. Still not as basic as 90% of Madonna songs. Bitch I'm Madonna anyone? All of her albums since Confessions? Hello?

6. Again, since she has no talent, it's not my fault it was a huge flop and embarrassment. She obviously tried but failed miserably. The same goes for her soundtracks.

1. Yup, nobody's there for her cause most people already have The Video Collection, ask your mom, she might even has one of those vintage VHS copy of it. or just go to MoMA ans School of Visual Art NYC since Bedtime Story is permanently there as a modern artpiece.

2. Sure, don't forget to strike a pose before you brush your teeth.

3. Yes, it's okay to dismiss Minnie Riperton's signature whistle register or Diana Ross's whisper-y vocal. You probably never heard of them.

4. and Mariah should stick to wearing a dress 2 size too small for her because apparently NOBODY is influenced by Madonna

5. sweetheart, most of Mariah's songs are basic 90's R&B song that are not even unique to her. seriously... expand your spotify playlist

6. Tried what? recording a song for charity? really? She can't participate in raising millions of dollars for Special Olympics? You're trying to drag her for that? The album is one of the biggest selling Christmas album of all-time, what flop? What soundtrack? Her Grammy winning for best song written for Visual Media, Beautiful Stranger? that soundtrack? what?

Li said:

If you bothered opening that site you would;ve read what is based on (but since receipts made you shit in your pants no wonder you tried to discredit it), i mean do you want to see more receipts?

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Madonna inducted in her first year of eligibility in 2008. Mariah not even nominated
 Madonna is nominated to be inducted in Songwriters Hall of Fame next year. Mariah was never nominated.
 Rolling Stone's list of best songwriters ever: Madonna #56 Madonna (#4 female)
 Even if you check their list of best vocalist Mariah is not even in top 100!!! lmfao1

Madonna is not defined by one hit or one song. She's true artist who actually progressed artistically and wasn't one dimensional. She has plenty of classics from 3 different decades. And she or her artistry are not defined or put to shadow by holiday song lmfao1 imagine being defined by Christmas song or soundtrack single that even composer hated and didn't wanted on the soundtrack lmfao2 only dumb stans would claim that it's better to have one song that is bigger than your career than having MULTIPLE classics in 3 decades 

You mean of Madonna's catalog as in catalog that is reentering charts during whole year? The immaculate collection spent months in top 100 on itunes in UK, it renetred several times BB200 including Celebration and Like a Virgin. Just few weeks ago Like a Prayer and True Blue reentered top 50 Albums chart in UK

Diamond where? In france where she actually had ALL OF THAT? And sorry to break it down for you but it's still 300k away from RH and judging by its current ww sales it's not going to reach RH, let alone her next english album (since her last English album also sold last than Madonna's). When was the last time she actually had album that sold over 2m ww? 10 years ago? What about top 10 single in US? 20 years ago?

Sorry quote me when that soundtrack is actually credited as celine album lmfao2 no matter how many times you repeat that into your not so bright head that album will never be considered as celine album since it's N.O.T.lmfao2

Her nly legacy is seen in every pop star today which is why they are still crediting HER and getting inspiration from her albums (2 biggest acts of decade! actually 3 if we add gaga to that list)

While celine's only legacy is getting in that basement in vegas as semi retired karaoke singer  [emoji20] i won;t even write <i>artist </i>since everyone knows that she's not that.

51twGA0oTFL.jpg

Oh and in regards to @sledgehammer 's statement about Madonna not bringing anything to the table in terms of music and helping it progress, check this out:

Ray of Light has been credited for bringing electronica music into global pop culture. Los Angeles Times noted that "aside from occasional breakthroughs such as Fatboy Slim, electronica wasn't totally mainstream fare when Madonna released Ray of Light."

According to author J. Randy Taraborrelli, "techno and electronica had, for years, been the music played at so-called raves, hugely popular, illegal underground parties taking place in abandoned warehouse and deserted areas on the outskirts of town all around the world." 

AllMusic editor Liana Jonas stated that the album's title track has "brought mainstream attention to electronica music, which ascended from its underground status to wild popularity in the early 21st century."

Thomas Harrison, author of Music of the 1990s, wrote that the production style of Ray of Light was "idiomatic of new trends in electronic music with significant use of digital sampling and use of an electronic synthesizer."

Elliott H. Powell in an American Studies for New York University observed that Ray of Light made South Asian culture accessible to the American public in the 1990s.

Rhonda Hammer and Douglas Kellner in their book Media/cultural Studies: Critical Approaches recalled that "the phenomenon of South Asian-inspired femininity as a Western media trend can be traced to February 1998, when pop icon Madonna released her video "Frozen"." They explained that "although Madonna did not initiate the fashion for Indian beauty accessories [...] she did propel it into the public eye by attracting the attention of the worldwide media."

According to Taraborrelli, the album has been hailed as bold and refreshing in contemporary music of the late 1990s, which was dominated by boybands and teenage artists such as the Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.

Larry Flick from Billboard said that the album "not only provided the chameleon-like artist with her first universally applauded critical success, it has also proved that she remains a vital figure amongst woefully fickle young audiences."

Music critic Lucy O'Brien commented: "1998's Ray of Light certainly rehabilitated Madonna's image. Up to that point she had still been written off as an average pop glamour girl who got lucky, but with this record she reached a whole new audience, proving that she was a good songwriter with an intensely productive talent."

Mary von Aue from Stereogum stated that "Ray of Light reestablished Madonna as a groundbreaking artist."

Ray of Light continued to influence mainstream music when British singer and songwriter, Adele, stated that the album was one of the main sources of inspiration for her third studio album, 25 (2015). Particularly, "Frozen" was a source of inspiration as well, admitting that the track gave her "confidence to come and do me again". Adele further added that Ray of Light was Madonna's best album and found several comparisons between herself and Madonna during that stage of her life.

Due to its impact on popular music, Ray of Light has been featured on numerous critics' lists of greatest albums of all time. Rolling Stone magazine placed the album at number 367 on the list of "500 Greatest Albums of All Time". In 2001, a quarter of a million music fans on VH1 voted Ray of Light as the 10th of "100 Best Albums of All Time". In 2003, Ray of Light was allocated at number 17 on Q magazine readers' list of "100 Greatest Albums Ever". The album is also included in the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. Mojo magazine also listed Ray of Light at number 29 on "100 Modern Classics: The Greatest Albums of Our Lifetime". In 2013, the album was also included at number 241 on NME magazine's list of "The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time". Madonna herself considered Ray of Light the most fulfilling evolution of her career.

23 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Damn, I have no doubt in my mind that you're a loser in real life.

Personal attacks now? You should be the last one calling someone a loser when you spend 24/7 on this forum ( don't you work/have family?) making hateful threads about Lady Gaga (especially shading her talent when you stan for Madonna lol). I have no doubt in my mind that you should get a life to live.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariah is a disgrace to the music industry.

I don't know what is more annoying, Comic Sans MS or the guy using out of context Marvel gifs  

She released infinity last year 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.