QUINN

Lena Dunham: ‘I still haven’t had an abortion, but I wish I had’

GettyImages-490976202-1024x682.jpg

Actress Lena Dunham announced during the most recent episode of her podcast “Women of the Hour” that she wishes she had undergone an abortion in order to combat “stigma around this issue.”

Dunham said that “something I’ve thought about a lot is the fact that there is stigma around abortion.”

“We all know that there’s cultural stigma, it’s hard to put an abortion on network TV,” she added.

Dunham, a writer and producer of HBO’s “Girls,” said that her mother taught her to describe herself as “a pro-choice woman.”

“From an early age, she taught my younger sibling and me to say ‘anti-choice’ instead of ‘pro-life’ because she wanted to make sure that we knew that everyone is pro-life,” Dunham said. “Some people are anti-choice.”

Dunham said that as an “abortion rights activist,” she always thought that she never did anything to “stigmatize abortion.”

“We all know that there’s cultural stigma, it’s hard to put an abortion on network TV,” she added.

Dunham, a writer and producer of HBO’s “Girls,” said that her mother taught her to describe herself as “a pro-choice woman.”

“From an early age, she taught my younger sibling and me to say ‘anti-choice’ instead of ‘pro-life’ because she wanted to make sure that we knew that everyone is pro-life,” Dunham said. “Some people are anti-choice.”

Dunham said that as an “abortion rights activist,” she always thought that she never did anything to “stigmatize abortion.”

“But one day, when I was visiting a Planned Parenthood in Texas a few years ago, a young girl walked up to me and asked me if I’d like to be a part of her project in which women share their stories of abortions,” Dunham said. “I sort of jumped. ‘I haven’t had an abortion,’ I told her. I wanted to make it really clear to her that as much as I was going out and fighting for other women’s options, I myself had never had an abortion.”

“And I realized then that even I was carrying within myself stigma around this issue,” Dunham continued. “Even I, the woman who cares as much as anybody about a woman’s right to choose, felt it was important that people know I was unblemished in this department.”

Dunham said that many of her loved ones have “had to have abortions for all kinds of reasons.”

“I feel so proud of them for their bravery, for their self-knowledge, and it was a really important moment for me then to realize I had internalized some of what society was throwing at us and I had to put it in the garbage,” she said. “Now I can say that I still haven’t had an abortion, but I wish I had.”

1 minute ago, Jake said:

What the fuck? That's one of the hardest decisions a woman has to make in her life. Simply fuck off, you abhorrent, execrable, worthless trash.

she makes feminists look so bad fall8 I cringe everytime she starts trending somewhere because I know it's gonna be because she said something vile rip2 

Saw it on FB, thought it was a diss post, but people actually went "She's a far-left icon, she's trash and wants to kill children" jj4

She's not left or right although she's as disgusting at the worst of the right. I think she has a problem of some rebellion type. I mean here now she literally said she just wanted to piss people off by performing an action many of them despise. How punk moo1

She's such a disturbed piece of shit, I'm sure whatever she hears about herself, she dismisses it as some patriarchal conspiracy against her fat 60-year old-looking, child-molesting ass trash1 I really have no words for her, she's truly unique this way. She reminds me of other wackos that are too disturbed to even BE on the wacko list: Bill O'Reilly, for instance. Bitch nuts orly1

I can't wait for the day her messy ass along with her opinions are absolutely irrelevant and get 0 coverage. She's vile as fuck and I despise the fact that actual credible celebrities support and promote her.

2 minutes ago, Perfect Intrusion said:

dead2 I HATE THIS WOMAN SO MUCH. SO MUCH, THAT THERE WAS TOO MUCH HATE FOR HER SO I GIFTED IT TO TAYLOR.

lena-tweet-2__oPt.jpg

lena-tweet-1__oPt.jpg

tumblr_inline_mm3h4rMLmr1qz4rgp.png

IF THIS WAS RACIALLY AND SEXUALLY/BIOLOGICALLY REVERSED, THIS WOMAN WOULD HAVE BEEN OBLITERATED BY NOW.

Dis nonsense jj4

I'm not even aggravated, this is too stupid and bizarre to work yourself over with, honestly jj4

Azaelia of TV jj4