QUINN

Fans have created a temporary star on the Walk of Fame for Carrie Fisher

Late yesterday, fans began collecting outside Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood to pay their respects to Carrie at a make-shift star that was created for her, since she was never given her own star on the walk of fame:

vEGrTvn.jpg

1 minute ago, Daenerys said:

mess at her not having an official one!

She was nominated for one, but Carrie was not the type of gal to buy her own hype. since the star requires a $30,000 check on behalf of the recipient,  I'm sure she just laughed it off and told them to shove it. 

Just now, QUINN said:

She was nominated for one, but Carrie was not the type of gal to buy her own hype. since the star requires a $30,000 check on behalf of the recipient,  I'm sure she just laughed it off and told them to shove it. 

omg not $30,000 dead1

i would pass too nnn dead1

Just now, Daenerys said:

omg not $30,000 dead1

A lot of artists that pass on it end up getting one anyway because their studios or record labels will foot the bill for them. Guess they hadn't gotten around to Carrie's!

8 minutes ago, QUINN said:

This is what I always understood but it really weirded me out when I heard NSYNC was getting one next year...they've been over for a while and who was even campaigning for that? Surely not JT...

Just now, Victoria Beckham said:

This is what I always understood but it really weirded me out when I heard NSYNC was getting one next year...they've been over for a while and who was even campaigning for that? Surely not JT...

Their fans have been rallying to raise the money for their star!

23 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

omg not $30,000 dead1

Guess who else showed no interest:

The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a sidewalk along Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood, California, with more than 2,000 five-pointed stars to honor artists for their achievement in the entertainment industry. Madonna was selected for the honor in 1990 but she showed no interest and the invitation has now expired. Walk of Fame spokeswoman Ana Martinez-Holler stated that in order to receive a star, Madonna would have to be "resubmitted for a nomination," adding, "since she is not interested, I highly doubt that she will give a nominator the permission to do so."[57]

1 minute ago, lautnerfied said:

The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a sidewalk along Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood, California, with more than 2,000 five-pointed stars to honor artists for their achievement in the entertainment industry. Madonna was selected for the honor in 1990 but she showed no interest and the invitation has now expired. Walk of Fame spokeswoman Ana Martinez-Holler stated that in order to receive a star, Madonna would have to be "resubmitted for a nomination," adding, "since she is not interested, I highly doubt that she will give a nominator the permission to do so."[57]

A lot of people elect not to accept their nomination katy2 

2 minutes ago, fun. said:

Honestly if Katy passes hers up tho anna1

It's been over 3 years. They only have 5 years to accept. I wouldn't blame her for shrugging it off! She's never been concerned with awards of recognition. 

59 minutes ago, lautnerfied said:

Giving me Madonna fun facts? Gross ari1