Archive: Season 5

4,744 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Belinda said:

OMG NNN BELINDA HA CROSSOVER IT'S COMING, SHE'S DOING MUSIC IN ENGLISH THIS YEAR ASFASFAFAS 

Life imitates CAL, Life in a Wigfest coming irl

FUCKING BYE I AM DEAD 

Ch_As_In_G_r_Ai_Nb_Ow_S.png

MADONNA

CHASING RAINBOWS

Directed By: Andrew Taylor Thomas

Filmed On Location In: New York City

Story By: Madonna

Length: 5:26

Video Synopsis 

The video begins with a blank screen. The sound of thunder is heard followed by rain. The screen then shifts from black to the streets of New York City. Madonna (face not seen) with a black umbrella is yelling to someone on the phone that she is tired of having to be the one to keep the relationship alive. She hangs up the phone in blind anger and steps out into the street at a crosswalk. She fails to notice an approaching car. The camera cuts to the shock expression of onlookers as the sounds of a collision is heard. The music kicks in and we see Madonna standing on the sidewalk in the rain, shrouded in a long black cloak. A paramedic approaches her, but he walks right through her, revealing this Madonna that we see to be nothing more than a spirit. As the chorus begins, the real Madonna is loaded into the back of an ambulance. It arrives at the hospital as the chorus ends. A man is waiting there for the ambulance to arrive, however he is denied access to Madonna as she is rushed in for emergency care. Through the second verse, the spirit Madonna stands beside her mortal body, trying to touch it and instill some life. 

The music stops right before the second chorus, and we cut to the waiting room to see the man listening to a voice mail on his phone. It is revealed that he is the one she was arguing with. He realizes had she not been upset with him that she maybe would have noticed the car and not gotten into this situation. The second chorus picks up as other friends and family come in. The spirit Madonna stands among them singing the song, trying to get their attention. As the song draws into the bridge, the heart rate of the mortal Madonna begins to slow. She flat lines as the bridge ends. At the same time, it is shown the man falls to his knees in sobs. Before the third and final chorus, we see a sheet being pulled over Madonna. It then cuts to the spirit Madonna standing on top of a tall building looking over the accident sight. The spirit Madonna stands on the ledge and falls backwards as the final chorus begins. She falls and, when she hits the ground, goes through it like it is was water. The video ends showing the black umbrella sitting damaged on the side walk as the song title is displayed on screen. 

LYRICS

chasingrainbowslyrics.png

Spoiler

@Belinda omg so happy for you, get that praise from your fave! giveup1 inb4 Belinda starts releasing ha CAL albums irl now I'd SCREAM slaycat

Hey guys, I just wanted to put this out to you all and get your feedback/hear some opinions:

What are your thoughts on the whole music corporation and CAL Business processes?

(e.g. booking promo, having to have releases approved, having budget/profits controlled, waiting for replies etc.)

Since we're in a bit of a transition period of the game after the host switch, I'm starting to see where there may be room for improvement/changes/cutbacks. I'm not saying it's all going to change or that anything has to change at all, but I thought it'd be nice to hear what you guys think and give you a chance to have some input on how the game runs :) 

Thanks! 

---

pIow8QB.jpg

The next performer is being revealed now!

---

Performing during the MTV VMAs main show (MEDIUM profile) on January 21st will be...

Nz7HGiP.jpg

Maxence!

@Robert.

---

KLfYYZW.jpg

Here are how the performance slot rankings for the VMAs currently stand. 

REMINDER: These positions are not final - you are able to improve your position through your promo (see original post, linked below). 

The next performer (MEDIUM profile slot) will be revealed in 24 hours.

HIGH PROFILE PERFORMANCE - OPENING/CLOSING (2 available)

1. HARRY STYLES

2. EMMA ROBERTS

---

3. MARIAH CAREY

4.. *SECRET PERFORMER*

5. BELINDA

6. CHRISTINA AGUILERA

MEDIUM PROFILE PERFORMANCE - MAIN SHOW (5 available)

1. MAXENCE

2. BRENDON URIE

3. CHRISTINA MILIAN

4. LILY ALLEN

5. TROYE SIVAN

---

6. MADONNA

LOW PROFILE PERFORMANCE - PRE-SHOW (2 available)

1. CHARLI XCX

2. ALI ALI

Spoiler

---

3 hours ago, ryjapo said:

What are your thoughts on the whole music corporation and CAL Business processes?

I think it's alright. It brings an element of organization to the game, but there are a couple of things I've struggled with in dealing with it. Well first, I think everyone can say that they don't really respond accordingly; more frequent checks and responses, like twice a week maybe(?) could definitely make it more of an asset to the game; it almost feels like a hassle dealing with CALB right now just because of how easily they can neglect sometimes. And second, I think that the whole corps-booking-promo thing needs to be handled. Multiple times I contacted CALB weeks, months in advance for slots yet I couldn't book them because of "corps" and was told to settle for the slots I got due to x, y, z, etc. In the beginning of the game booking paid promo was such a struggle but I never fully complained - instead, I just decided to book months in advance, but when even THAT wasn't working, you can imagine it gets quite frustrating and brings some things to question. This month / February promo went really well though; so yeah, the corps should only block spots if artists request weeks / months in-advance, and the rest should be first-come, first-serve.

2 hours ago, ryjapo said:

2. EMMA ROBERTS

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
giveup1

Just now, Lucky17 said:

I think it's alright. It brings an element of organization to the game, but there are a couple of things I've struggled with in dealing with it. Well first, I think everyone can say that they don't really respond accordingly; more frequent checks and responses, like twice a week maybe(?) could definitely make it more of an asset to the game; it almost feels like a hassle dealing with CALB right now just because of how easily they can neglect sometimes. And second, I think that the whole corps-booking-promo thing needs to be handled. Multiple times I contacted CALB weeks, months in advance for slots yet I couldn't book them because of "corps" and was told to settle for the slots I got due to x, y, z, etc. In the beginning of the game booking paid promo was such a struggle but I never fully complained - instead, I just decided to book months in advance, but when THAT was working, you can imagine it gets quite frustrating and brings some things to question. This month / February promo went really well though; so yeah, the corps should only block spots if artists request weeks / months in-advance, and the rest should be first-come, first-serve.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.
giveup1

This was literally what I was gonna type out just now slaycat

44 minutes ago, ryjapo said:

2. EMMA ROBERTS

1G4VuP9.gif

Yeah I agree with Georgie about the wait. I really like CAL B and the corps but for me it's mostly just about the wait time. For example this week I'd planned to do two things that I need a response from them for but I still haven't got it, so I had to alter my plans. I don't know what the solution is cos I know it's a lot of work for the host. It's a great system when it's in motion

1 hour ago, ryjapo said:

Hey guys, I just wanted to put this out to you all and get your feedback/hear some opinions:

(e.g. booking promo, having to have releases approved, having budget/profits controlled, waiting for replies etc.)

Since we're in a bit of a transition period of the game after the host switch, I'm starting to see where there may be room for improvement/changes/cutbacks. I'm not saying it's all going to change or that anything has to change at all, but I thought it'd be nice to hear what you guys think and give you a chance to have some input on how the game runs :) 

Thanks! 

---

Wait, I didn't knew I had to have my release approved by my label / music corporation, is that going to affect my release? rip4

Second, I think, overall, it's a very good idea to help the organisation of the game but there are many ocasions when the host can't handle all the work because it really looks like it's a lot of work to be done. Maybe a 'helping hand' who would handle the CAL Business and or other things the host can't do in a short amount of time would help the flow of this game and would make the job easier for the host? Idk, it's just a sugestion. sia3 

I agree about the wait time, although I understand that it's hard when there's no co-hosts, however my suggestion is to maximise it how about players who're on most frequently get access to CALB so we can help move things along faster? Just a suggestion. 

I personally find corporations redundant  now because 9/10 times our ideas will get accepted anyway. None of my ideas have ever personally been turned away or put down so I say the whole corp thing needs to go now we've had a good run with it but that's just my opinion. It will also open the calendar up more to be fair because right now on months of releases the releasing artist almost always gets the majority of the calendar via their label, so I think at the beginning of every month NO SPOTS should be already taken. Just another suggestion.

40 minutes ago, Harry Styles said:

None of my ideas have ever personally been turned away or put down

I can't relate. Poor Britney.

ctrl alt delete them, they're practically useless, and DELETE those godforsaken contracts, they're just an excuse for Ron to sue you 

8 hours ago, Robert. said:

@Belinda omg so happy for you, get that praise from your fave! giveup1 inb4 Belinda starts releasing ha CAL albums irl now I'd SCREAM slaycat

DSGDSGDS I was planning to tweet her the whole LIAC visuals giveup1 thanks rob omg I screamed so hard I almost fainted!

Just now, Bleachella said:

ctrl alt delete them, they're practically useless, and DELETE those godforsaken contracts, they're just an excuse for Ron to sue you 

And ruin your career, TWICE alex1 Poor Britney, once again. 

Just now, Belinda said:

And ruin your career, TWICE alex1 Poor Britney, once again. 

this BIAS against single mothers, sexism at its finest. alex1

Just now, Bleachella said:

this BIAS against single mothers, sexism at its finest. alex1

Omg this connection alex1 

Moo was single when she was sued alex1