FOTP

Archive: Season 5

Chapman.    35,843

I'd like to formally welcome our new players @Beauty Queen @Marnie @Luke Louder Michele @Kuba @httppolarize @SWINΞ and I'm certain I'm missing somebody here! I'm Alvin and my artists are Troye Sivan and Tori Kelly. It's good to see this wave of fresh blood and all FANTASTIC choices of artists, I hope you guys stick around because the game really gets on to you after you see your work debut somewhere on the charts, and you'll just wanna devote all 24 hours of your time thirsting for chart updates and all that. 

if you have any questions don't hesitate to avoid me and go straight to somebody more experienced because I might show you the wrong way nn, but if you're here to chat I'm always open! can't wait to get to know you guys, and perhaps work some stunning collaborations together as well jj5 

EDIT: and just don't get scared of all that slayage up there because that kind of quality is supernatural and nobody here understands how it's achieved, we're all amateur stepping stones for Alex up there :) 

Joanne    1,500

@Beauty Queen @Kuba @httppolarize @SWINΞ @Luke Louder Michele 

I thought it be nice if I also formally welcomed you. I'm Joanne (also known as Absolute or Dicso) and my artists area Katy Perry and Shakira on Blood Entertainment! I'm glad to see so many newbies and hope to see your success in the feature. If you ever want help or of course my favorite thing, to collaborate dead7,you can hit me up!

Aside from that

@Alesus let me just say this issue u just released snatched me and as silly as it sounds for me to say this, I am super proud of your success with Rih

Ronlop    3,501
35 minutes ago, blankdreams. said:

a wig-removing update! just a bit of questions on this one, are the points accumulative or based on that time period or particular week? say if Troye releases an album, leaks a sex tape AND announces that he has a girlfriend on one week, will he suddenly blast into the top 5?

Based on the time period! It changes constantly.

However, when calculating tours- I take into account the Peak position of the Pop Pts. in the region + his current Pop Pts. 

Ronlop    3,501

Everyone who just joined, you will receive the contracts tomorrow. Some of you already received the contracts so check your inbox :)

The full CAL Tube update (Updated Views for All Videos)  is still being worked on! I think I'll most likely finish it within the next two days.

Anitta    882
1 hour ago, Ronlop said:

Everyone who just joined, you will receive the contracts tomorrow. Some of you already received the contracts so check your inbox :)

The full CAL Tube update (Updated Views for All Videos)  is still being worked on! I think I'll most likely finish it within the next two days.

what about apollo jj3 i'll release marina stuff this month only

Beauty Queen    1,702

GGw3IHG.jpg

ALI ALI ON 92.3 AMP RADIO UNITED STATES

In a new series of radio visits organized by Queendom Recordings for Ali Ali, information regarding her current place in the music industry, current endeavours and future plans is to be revealed in a showcase of who this young lady is and what she wishes to achieve. In order to spread her name, and to hype her forthcoming works, Ali will visit a number of radio stations across the united states of America to bring attention to a rising star.

• ON WORKING WITH CHARLI XCX

Charli and I have known each other for a good few years. When I started my career at age 18, I was a model, and I worked on a number of different magazines and campaigns and through those I met some truly incredible people. During work on one fashion gig, I met Charli, and our friendship instantly clicked. I've been writing and singing since as far back as I can remember, but it was Charli who really encouraged me to follow that musical route when she saw how unhappy I was becoming in the modelling industry. So, I followed her powerful advice, and with her help, she helped me get under the wings of the music industry. I worked my ass of for a year to get where I am now (laughs) I helped with song writing and backup vocals a lot, I even aided in production here and there. When Charli called me about her new album, asking me to help out, I obviously could not wait to help out a friend. I recorded the backup vocals for Rainstorm and then some clever little fans discovered me through that. I am ever grateful for Charli's help getting me to where I want to be, she's such an incredible woman and I hold so much respect in my heart for her.

• ON HER FIRST SINGLE

I've hinted my first single a whole lot on my twitter, cause I like being a tease (laughs). I tweeted one of the lyrics, actually, "The boys'll come around when they see how I get down." Some clever little people figured out that another of my tweets was teasing the single's title - "Are you vain?". So yeah, the song is called Vanity. I wrote this song a few years ago, and it's very special to me. The reason it's so special is not necessarily because of it's lyrical meaning which isn't all that personal, it's because this is the first song I ever wrote that I felt satisfied with creatively. I wrote it not long after I had lost my virginity, and it felt like instead of just writing words onto a page, I was writing about this milestone, or this chapter in my life. Nontheless, though, it's an incredibly fun song. When I decided that this was the first song I wanted to premiere, I took it to the studio and worked with Charli and Diplo on tweaking the lyrics a bit to find the song's full potential. Then, we worked on how we wanted the song to feel, sonically. Some key words were "Sultry", "Sexy", "Mysterious", "Dark", oh.. and "Slutty" (laughs). However, I do think this is the only song I'll be releasing for a little while that is about sex, or love, it's not my field of writing.

• ON HER SONGWRITING

Like I said, I've been writing since I was a little child. I'm from Stockholm, in Sweden, so most of my early works were in Swedish. When I was fourteen, though, I started teaching myself English. I've always been infatuated with America and western culture, and I knew I needed to know English to further that fascination. When I had a decent grasp on it, I started writing all of my music in English. My style of writing is very third-person. I like to write from an outside perspective. Social commentary, and the likes. Any upcoming projects in the future would have a bulk made up of social topics. Again, Vanity was a very one-off song to write for me. Yet, I still feel that it's a universal type of song, and that it does deal with a social issue to a certain extent, as I talk about insecurity and self-consciousness in it's lyrics. I've always like tackling problems that we all face in our western society and coating them in a fluffy, radio-friendly sound. It's a perfect irony.

• ON RELEASING "VANITY"

I can't give you any specifics on Vanity will be released - sorry! (laughs). We wanna hype it up a bit, that's why we're here (laughs). But we will be releasing a lil' snippet sometime this week, nothing too major, thirty seconds or so. I can say though, I'm really excited to see what we'll do with the song's promotion campaign. Music videos, remix EPs, interviews after interviews - nnnnn!!!! It's all so exciting (laughs). Stay tuned, though, I promise, I won't let you down.

8jEvqDT.jpg

Joanne    1,500

gNlEwkP.jpg 
BILLBORD REPORTS KATY PERRY BACK IN THE STUDIO

n7A9MZB.jpg 

Recently pop sensation Katy Perry has began to make some career changes as she heads into the New Year. One of those was of course leaving her label Capitol Records for Warner Music Group’s Blood Entertainment. The Super Bowl performing artist has had tons of hits in her career and to hear she is making a move before starting her era is an exciting one. The singer has yet to confirm anything regarding the highly anticipated record KP4, which will be her first studio album in four years. Since joining them she only been spotted once heading into the headquarters of Warner Music Group however today Billboard has made other spotting of the popular singer. Today, New Years Eve, is certainly a night where all of the musical artists in the industry will be heading to major parties and all to perform their different hits and to party with friends. However this morning Katy Perry was spotted by Billboard heading into a recording studio, most likely to wrap up her highly anticipated return to the pop music industry. 

This past summer of 2016, Katy Perry did finally drop a new single which was her Olympic soundtrack we all know as Rise. The song while not completely smash did indeed reach moderate success on iTunes and the radio and certainly reminded the world who Katy Perry is. However as the world heads into 2017 it looks like the singer is preparing to finally have a full force comeback album this upcoming year. As she headed into the studio she was spotted with her long time producer Max Martin who's worked on her past albums such as Prism and Teenage Dream. Seeing the two working together once again is certainly no surprise but fans are more excited to see if they will outdo themselves again with the release of her fourth full length studio album this upcoming year. 

On her way into the studio of course tons of fans and paparazzi surrounded her as they hoped for Katy to potentially answer a few questions. However the star only posed for pictures with fans and teased that her album is going to be one of her strongest yet. As she entered the building she said “I've been waiting an eternity to share this” which is either a teaser of lyrics or maybe a title even off the upcoming album. Perhaps the upcoming album is still being worked on or she's just finishing up mastering it but regardless, it is extremely exciting to see what is coming from the former Super Bowl performer in the next several months of the brand new year. You can subscribe to Katy’s CALTube or follow on Twitter now! 

Kuba    8,900

just while I'm waiting for my contract jj2 

Oi3JGOD.png

alexander-ferrario-photo-2.jpg

A quick intro to Litho!

Litho is quite an unusual case. He’s suddenly gained attention over an internet craze, but the pressing question still stands. Who is he?

Much to our disbelief he argued that his real name is in fact, Litho. Whether you should believe that or not is entirely up to you! Well, in fairness who are we to dig deep into his life? His managers of course, so naturally we did!

Litho was born and raised in Eastern Ireland in a small estate house of six. His accent is quite neutral and resembles a British one more than anything, which is no surprise considering his mother originates from England. Living in a house with 3 other siblings proved to be a challenge, but we all adapt to our surroundings, as did Litho. Music turned out to be his sweet escape, however he didn’t know how much it would consume him. At the tender age of 15 he started penning his own songs. They were “rubbish” at first, he claims, but gradually he built up his skill. His home was too small to contain any instruments, so the music room at school became his hangout. It is there that he learned how to play basic tunes on the piano and some drums. His musical talent hadn’t ceased bubbling inside him, so he tried anything he could. One day he took a risk and got himself a musical program on his laptop. With that he crafted beats and loops to develop his own songs.

It wasn’t until a few years later that he plucked up the courage to record songs and post them on his soundcloud account. At first, his work mainly consisted of covers as he didn’t believe his self-written songs would be received well. They gained minor traction, but not enough to get him noticed. One drunken night, he’d previewed a song “Nectar of The Gods” to his friend. A few beers later, he was soundly lost in slumber, unaware that the secretly uploaded song was gaining thousands of listens by the second.

The next morning came as a shock as he had dozens missed calls and emails from potential record labels, Delirious Records being one of them. He had decided to meet with every single one to explore his options. After a session of negotiations, Litho came under our wing.

For the past year, he’s been putting together an album, meeting various producers and writers that helped him find his own sound. At the moment, he’s described to be making indie electronic music with a cynical pop twist. His signature song “Nectar of The Gods” is an upbeat synth infused fascination with immortality, rather peculiar but caught the interest of listeners. He’s often compared to the likes of Lana Del Rey, Ellie Goulding and Marina & The Diamonds, which he obviously takes as a huge compliment, although soon he’d like to be recognized for his own sound! A new single taken from his debut studio album is being released soon! Keep an ear out for it!

a5qqX1F.png