Philip

RIP Mariah's voice - 1990 -2016

1 minute ago, light741 said:

@I Brings That Levity @Sylk The bold part is hypocrisy at its best. Coming from the troll that complais about Mariah's voice when she does sing live. Saying things like cracked, flat, shot, dodging notes. But now it doesn't matter as long as it's live?. Which one is it honey?. You can't have it both ways. And if lipping is bad you can't give celine a pass. Make up your mind. 

Not what I was talking about at all but go off sis.

It doesnt have to be studio perfect but i prefer live to lipped. 

I can give Celine more of a pass than Mariah because Celine records in her current voice and her current stuff is live. Mariah lips to 1994 vocals and expects to fool people lol. 

On tour in 2016 she recorded ten different versions of when you left and times get rough and cycled through them in her WBT climaxes to try and fool people that they were live.

Sorry but no Mariah is in a league of her own when it comes to her lipping game. 

5 minutes ago, visionofrain said:

Celine sings Ashes 100 percent live sorry, no question. 

She sang Petals and Close my eyes. Yes you are correct. 

Nothing from then on was performed fully live Even on that TMB performance there were lipped vocals. 

Also doesnt matter if someone cracked or sang around notes, she still did it live. 

And she sings her new material live. My issue with Mariah is that she can NEVER ever sing her new material live, even the year it is released. 

As i said, she released MIAMTEC, toured and did performances. Not a single fully live performance of those songs. Like she stood there and lipped freaking Supernatural. She sang the first verse of Cry live, then lipped the rest. Thirsty was completely lipped. Why did she fail to sing any of those songs live. 

Regarding Ashes, I did say it's a while since a watched so i couldn't remember for sure.

TMB had minor bits lipped as they overlapped and it would be impossible to breath. Normally the first time she says "Touch My Body" on the chorus it's lipped so she can take a breath.

The reason i brought up the voice cracking/dodging notes was purely because you would criticise Mariah for it. 

While most of the singles on MIAMTEC were lipped live i think there's a few reasons for this. First of all it's no secret that certain areas of her voice are inconsistent due to nodules, secondly she gets stage fright, she always has, but i think in recent years with her Bipolar etc it's got far worse.

Btw have you seen this before? 

Not what I was talking about at all but go off sis.

It doesnt have to be studio perfect but i prefer live to lipped. 

I can give Celine more of a pass than Mariah because Celine records in her current voice and her current stuff is live. Mariah lips to 1994 vocals and expects to fool people lol. 

On tour in 2016 she recorded ten different versions of when you left and times get rough and cycled through them in her WBT climaxes to try and fool people that they were live.

Sorry but no Mariah is in a league of her own when it comes to her lipping game. 

Yes that is what you said basically.

The hypocrisy. celine lips just as much. And also has multiple versions to lip to.

1 minute ago, visionofrain said:

Mariah has admitted before about singing songs in too high a key. She said it was because songs in a higher key have more commercial appeal (i'd agree). At this stage in her career though she should be less worried about being commercial as she's been there and done that. She should really record using an area of her voice she's more comfortable in and just enjoy touring and an album every few years. 

A song like Petals would be fantastic as a B-Side on the new album 

2 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Mariah has admitted before about singing songs in too high a key. She said it was because songs in a higher key have more commercial appeal (i'd agree). At this stage in her career though she should be less worried about being commercial as she's been there and done that. She should really record using an area of her voice she's more comfortable in and just enjoy touring and an album every few years. 

He has shown his hypocrisy time and time again. It is very obvious he drags Mariah for things he gives others a pass.

9 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Regarding Ashes, I did say it's a while since a watched so i couldn't remember for sure.

TMB had minor bits lipped as they overlapped and it would be impossible to breath. Normally the first time she says "Touch My Body" on the chorus it's lipped so she can take a breath.

The reason i brought up the voice cracking/dodging notes was purely because you would criticise Mariah for it. 

While most of the singles on MIAMTEC were lipped live i think there's a few reasons for this. First of all it's no secret that certain areas of her voice are inconsistent due to nodules, secondly she gets stage fright, she always has, but i think in recent years with her Bipolar etc it's got far worse.

Btw have you seen this before? 

Mariah carey singing in a shower is of no interest to me. 

She needs to do that on a stage or during a performance. 

7 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

she said that in 1996, it isnt a relevant quote to use for 1999 on 

no shade but on TECS tour she lipped petals 100 percent. 

Just now, visionofrain said:

she said that in 1996, it isnt a relevant quote to use for 1999 on 

1996 was before her divorce and the whole saga with Sony. Also i'm fairly sure she's said it again in more recent years. 

4 minutes ago, visionofrain said:

Mariah carey singing in a shower is of no interest to me. 

She needs to do that on a stage or during a performance. 

I just linked it to back up the stage fright point. There's performances where she's so nervous you can literally see her hands shaking. 

6 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

1996 was before her divorce and the whole saga with Sony. Also i'm fairly sure she's said it again in more recent years. 

I just linked it to back up the stage fright point. There's performances where she's so nervous you can literally see her hands shaking. 

The hand shaking was due to her accident and nerve damage. Not because of bring nervous. 

You know perfectly well that Mariah is pitch shifted in studio and her belts are copied and pasted. The songs you hear are recorded line by line and comped together. She doesnt sing them live because she cannot. They are studio fabrications. Anything else you are saying is just excuses. That is the reality. 

1 minute ago, visionofrain said:

The hand shaking was due to her accident and nerve damage. Not because of bring nervous. 

You know perfectly well that Mariah is pitch shifted in studio and her belts are copied and pasted. The songs you hear are recorded line by line and comped together. She doesnt sing them live because she cannot. They are studio fabrications. Anything else you are saying is just excuses. That is the reality. 

You know perfectly well that this can be said about a lot of singers. Stop giving others excuses while coming for Mariah. Your hypocrisy is too obvious.

35 minutes ago, light741 said:

Thank you for proving what we all know. 

jlo can't even sing her own songs in the center of the pitch from start to finish. But she could sing a Mariah song?. LOL. @HninSi Do you want to talk about actual good pitch with the deaf Mariah troll?.

And you are trying it with Mariah's status as a singing legend?. Have several seats. 2092150964_misfitsbye.thumb.gif.53a7af81

All your little sidekick did was come into the thread and downvote me over 90 times in one minute. Dont worry his and your behaviour as part of the downvote clique has been reported to mods. 

4 minutes ago, visionofrain said:

All your little sidekick did was come into the thread and downvote me over 90 times in one minute. Dont worry his and your behaviour as part of the downvote clique has been reported to mods. 

You have downvoted me nonstop many times while i don't downvote your posts. So get your facts right. I'm tired of this user accusing me of things. @Onika 

Just now, light741 said:

You have downvotd me nonstop many times whi i don't downvote your post. So get your facts right. I'm tired of this user accusimg me of things. @Onika 

You tagged him for no reason into this thread, he came in her didnt comment on anything and just downvoted 90 of my posts. I was green 85 now i am red 5. It is a joke. 

You were downvoted because you involved yourself in the upload clique on Queen. All that has been restored but now your little sidekick is continuing it against me and he did it now beacuse you tagged him for no reason. Learn to talk for your damn self and stop involving others in threads they do not come into themselves. Its tragic. 

You tagged him for no reason into this thread, he came in her didnt comment on anything and just downvoted 90 of my posts. I was green 85 now i am red 5. It is a joke. 

You were downvoted because you involved yourself in the upload clique on Queen. All that has been restored but now your little sidekick is continuing it against me and he did it now beacuse you tagged him for no reason. Learn to talk for your damn self and stop involving others in threads they do not come into themselves. Its tragic. 

I tagged him he liked my comment defending Mariah, and he knows more about vocals than you do. And it is not against the rules to tag people. You have done it too.

I was green a few days ago and then went red again. Now i'm only at 41 and all because you went and downvoted me nonstop while i never did that to you. So don't play the victim here. Another user named ursula did that to me more than once and i never tried to do it to him to get back at him.

The only tragic one here is you.

Edited by light741
2 hours ago, HninSi said:

The original queen of lipsynching

Bow down bishes 

Actually Janet was lipping far before Celine. 

Conveniently forgetting that Mariah DUBBED her first ever appearance at the Tattoo Club lol. 

And that her Unplugged show was completely changed with different audio in post production. The irony. 

Faking and dubbing from the very start. 

8 hours ago, light741 said:

I tagged him he liked my comment defending Mariah, and he knows more about vocals than you do. And it is not against the rules to tag people. You have done it too.

I was green a few days ago and then went red again. Now i'm only at 41 and all because you went and downvoted me nonstop while i never did that to you. So don't play the victim here. Another user named ursula did that to me more than once and i never tried to do it to him to get back at him.

The only tragic one here is you.

Actually no, you were mass upvoted as part of what happened with Queen also. You went from minus 250 or something up to green 500 in an hour. You were heavily involved in the mass upvoting mass downvoting scam which is why you were so quiet when it was exposed. He doesnt know shit. He came into this thread when you tagged him and downvoted 90 of my posts in 2 minutes. Tragic. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She had an awful performance for NYE yes, and her behavior did not help and she deserves all the drags, BUT   DON'T get it twisted. Her voice did deteriorate over the years, but she STILL sh

Oh please, 2013 and 2014 performances of AIWFIY were even worse, let's not forget that #Beautiful fiasco too. We all knew that she lip-synced all the time to prerecorded vocals or had 50-50, the

WHERE did I defend that tragic ass performance? I'm speaking generally, as evident in the video I posted, she still vocally shits on most of faves around here, and that is a fact boo. 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.