FOTP

Do you revolt against digital music?

Courtney Love    4,178

I think we can agree the music industry is far worse than it was and is only getting worse, so as futile as it seems has anybody else been investing in physical music again and ceasing their use of streaming, iTunes and illegal downloads? 

I've actually been enjoying pirchasing copies of singles and albums, finding it makes the experience more enjoyable rip2 If you're sceptical, discogs is my go to site for everything that isn't recent and I suggest you check it out. It is often times cheaper to buy the whole jewel case/record than it would be to purchase it digitally rav2 

Does our age of digital music make you miss the days of B Sides and booklets?

Earth Ripper    4,185

Why is it far worse? We never had this much cheap access to an immense variety of music dead7 Illegal downloading is the best thing that ever happened to the music industry. I still buy records but only if repeated listens (and a prior look at the physical package) have convinced me that the product is worth my money which in my opinion is a lot more of a healthy approach to consumerism than spending a ton of money on things you don't even know are garbage or not gaga11 

It's great if you're swimming in money or passionate enough about physical copies that you're buying music, but if I had to buy every album I want to listen to I'd be broke within a week clap1 And don't pretend that b-sides and booklets are worth it in most cases lmao.

Lachlan    20,607

I buy vinyl but it's not a revolt against digital music I just like to own my favourite albums in that form. I think it's amazing that I can have access to virtually every song for like $13 a month.

DW    6,051

I still buy CDs and sometimes I get mad when I can't have music on a CD alex1

Courtney Love    4,178
21 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Why is it far worse? We never had this much cheap access to an immense variety of music dead7 Illegal downloading is the best thing that ever happened to the music industry. I still buy records but only if repeated listens (and a prior look at the physical package) have convinced me that the product is worth my money which in my opinion is a lot more of a healthy approach to consumerism than spending a ton of money on things you don't even know are garbage or not gaga11 

It's great if you're swimming in money or passionate enough about physical copies that you're buying music, but if I had to buy every album I want to listen to I'd be broke within a week clap1 And don't pretend that b-sides and booklets are worth it in most cases lmao.

Yes for the consumer, because we are essentially going into someone's store and stealing their products with the excuse 'you get enough money elsewhere'. This isn't a healthy nor sustainable approach to something that is not rightfully ours to take.

Manson    6,963

I can get more songs online and I can track what I'm listening too, so I prefer it. I buy CDs and Vinyl regularly though.

Manson    6,963
14 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

I do this though rip3

Eleven.    31,784

I always try my best to find physical CDs and EPs, it's really hard considering the place I live. They barely have any deluxe editons and it makes me pissed. 

I do buy some remix EPs and/or live EPs on iTunes every now and then.

Courtney Love    4,178
1 minute ago, Adore. said:

I always try my best to find physical CDs and EPs, it's really hard considering the place I live. They barely have any deluxe editons and it makes me pissed. 

I do buy some remix EPs and/or live EPs on iTunes every now and then.

www.discogs.com jj2 

Princess Aurora    14,239
6 minutes ago, Courtney Love said:

Yes for the consumer, because we are essentially going into someones store and stealing their products with the excuse, 'you get enough money elsewhere'. This isn't a healthy nor sustainable approach to something that is not rightfully ours to take.

Oh c'mon 

586a59bee0d75_GIF1.gif.e698374cfebb73b1c5ab2cfb24bc2e35.gif

I understand it's an industry but Nobody's interested in buying music anymore, that's why we have streaming and then don't forget that there fans who make mash up, remixes, tribute videos to their own favorite artists/tv shows. Do you think it'd be fair to take down everything from the Internet just because the ones who work behind don't get enough money ? I guess this depends on your personal opinion but that's what I think and also YouTube has got something called Content ID Match which helps the record label/singer to earn through the work that fan uploaded which could be anything or take down the video so the problem was solved rav2

@Sheezus I used to be like this a few years ago, now I buy it once in a while

1 minute ago, Sheezus said:

I do this though rip3

Courtney Love    4,178
1 minute ago, Princess Aurora said:

I understand it's an industry but Nobody's interested in buying music anymore, that's why we have streaming and then don't forget that there fans who make mash up, remixes, tribute videos to their own favorite artists/tv shows. Do you think it'd be fair to take down everything from the Internet just because the ones who work behind don't get enough money ? I guess this depends on your personal opinion but that's what I think and also YouTube has got something called Content ID Match which helps the record label/singer to earn through the work that fan uploaded which could be anything or take down the video so the problem was solved rav2

It's not an opinion, it's fact. Piracy is a crime and there is no other way to spin illegal downloading. Digital downloads more than streaming I can get behind, but either are far better than downloading for free.

Manson    6,963
4 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

@Sheezus I used to be like this a few years ago, now I buy it once in a while

Sometimes I think I should regret all the duplicates I buy, but I never do kesha4 

I can proudly say I own 6 different physical copies of Kesha's Animal kesha4

Sometimes I think I should regret all the duplicates I buy, but I never do kesha4 

I can proudly say I own 6 different physical copies of Kesha's Animal kesha4

I only got the Japanese of Animal, Animal + Cannibal and the deluxe version of Warrior, that's all rav2 

1 minute ago, Courtney Love said:

It's not an opinion, it's fact. Piracy is a crime and there is no other way to spin illegal downloading. Digital downloads more than streaming I can get behind, but either are far better than downloading for free.

yeah but the thing is that  and I don't wanna sound mean is that Nobody cares about that law anymore but If you can spend money on albums like I did, why not ? You can support your favorite singer.

Manson    6,963

I only got the Japanese of Animal, Animal + Cannibal and the deluxe version of Warrior, that's all rav2 

I'll find the old photo I took.........

Found!

7qmpCDv.jpg

Found!

7qmpCDv.jpg

OMG You got the Japanese deluxe edition of Warrior ? scream1 I wanted to buy that one at first but it's too expensive :/ I won't pay 100 dollars for a CD

Manson    6,963

OMG You got the Japanese deluxe edition of Warrior ? scream1 I wanted to buy that one at first but it's too expensive :/ I won't pay 100 dollars for a CD

Yes I do. My collection is about half of everything you can get without delving into the obsession of buying every regional version of the CDs and the sleves. I still want the singles (including features), Animal (US, JP standard), Cannibal (JP, and A+C JP) and Warrior (JP standard). I think I payed $60-NZD for the Animal Japan/Australia Deluxe dead2

Yes I do. My collection is about half of everything you can get without delving into the obsession of buying every regional version of the CDs and the sleves. I still want the singles (including features), Animal (US, JP standard), Cannibal (JP, and A+C JP) and Warrior (JP standard). I think I payed $60-NZD for the Animal Japan/Australia Deluxe dead2

That's the one I have but it was really hard to find that one dead2 

Courtney Love    4,178
10 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

Found!

7qmpCDv.jpg

Okay the only CD I bought a duplicate of was Nirvana's Nevermind so I could get an edition without the hidden track Endless, Nameless because it is included as a B Side on my Come As You Are single. Support that industry I guess! dead4