Freaky Prince

Why are people saying that Dancin' in Circles is not radio-friendly and too controversial?

14 minutes ago, Naomi Campbell said:

I honestly think it doesn't matter if she choses DIC as the next single or not, nothing from Joanne will be a hit.

Also... Who said DIC sounds tropical/reggae?

jj4

Well, you don't know that. Just because PI and MR didn't do as well as planned doesn't mean DIC won't. jj1

6 minutes ago, DiamondHeart said:

Well, you don't know that. Just because PI and MR didn't do as well as planned doesn't mean DIC won't. jj1

15 minutes ago, DiamondHeart said:

I don't know, but it's definitely radio friendly. It's not really reggae at all, but it does fit the "tropical" vibe in a way. It's more dancehall/Bollywood.

Sis, you said DIC is dancehall/bollywood just to make it sound like it's more exotic than it is, when it's just Country Pop like most of the album.

This is dancehall:

Spoiler

Most people who listen to Country and who would be able to make it go #1 won't like a song about masturbation. That's a fact.

1 minute ago, Naomi Campbell said:

Sis, you said DIC is dancehall/bollywood just to make it sound like it's more exotic than it is, when it's just Country Pop like most of the album.This is dancehall:

Reveal hidden contents

Most people who listen to Country and who would be able to make it go #1 won't like a song about masturbation. That's a fact.

It's not really country pop at all. If anything, MR is country pop and the whole album isn't that either. Trust me, I've listened to that album quite enough to know that it isn't country.

2 minutes ago, DiamondHeart said:

It's not really country pop at all. If anything, MR is country pop and the whole album isn't that either. Trust me, I've listened to that album quite enough to know that it isn't country.

GIRL... You've listened to that album quite enough and you think DIC is dancehall.

Y'all think DIC will do better because it's about masturbation and feminists will love it, but the right way to go is John Wayne. Everyone can relate.

Zmqor.gif

2 minutes ago, Naomi Campbell said:

GIRL... You've listened to that album quite enough and you think DIC is dancehall.

Y'all think DIC will do better because it's about masturbation and feminists will love it, but the right way to go is John Wayne. Everyone can relate.

Zmqor.gif

Siiiis, it's definitely not country pop if that's what you're assuming, lol. Come on now. I never said DIC would do better. I said just because the past two singles flopped doesn't mean it will flop too and I want John Wayne as a single just like the rest of the LM's, but, hey. It is what it is.

1 minute ago, DiamondHeart said:

Siiiis, it's definitely not country pop if that's what you're assuming, lol. Come on now. I never said DIC would do better. I said just because the past two singles flopped doesn't mean it will flop too and I want John Wayne as a single just like the rest of the LM's, but, hey. It is what it is.

Sis we will never agree. I've hear the album multiple times and I heard Country Pop and maybe some Rock (not hard rock tho).

I didn't say that DIC would flop because PI and MR flopped, but because it ain't all that. JW is far superior.

Whatever she chooses she needs to get it out and going ASAP. Sadly, at this point the SB is probably her only shot at having a single from Joanne that doesn't utterly flop.               giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, Naomi Campbell said:

I honestly think it doesn't matter if she choses DIC as the next single or not, nothing from Joanne will be a hit.

Also... Who said DIC sounds tropical/reggae?

jj4

The reggae-inflected “Dancin' in Circles,” an ode to masturbation as emotional salve that provides some levity on an otherwise humorless album - Slant @Jjang ny6 

"Dancin' in Circles," a reggae ode to she-bopping co-written by Beck Rolling Stone

Gaga’s ode to masturbation has hints of reggae and ska, reminiscent of “Alejandro” and is sure to be a fan-favorite deep cut. IBTimes

It's not straight up reggae or anything, but clearly you're in the dark dead4 

6 minutes ago, Infrared said:

The reggae-inflected “Dancin' in Circles,” an ode to masturbation as emotional salve that provides some levity on an otherwise humorless album - Slant @Jjang ny6 

"Dancin' in Circles," a reggae ode to she-bopping co-written by Beck Rolling Stone

Gaga’s ode to masturbation has hints of reggae and ska, reminiscent of “Alejandro” and is sure to be a fan-favorite deep cut. IBTimes

It's not straight up reggae or anything, but clearly you're in the dark dead4 

They said it was reggae/tropical and dancehall/bollywood.

I never said it didn't have reggae elements, I just said it's not completely reggae.

Also, these are just opinions, not facts.

julia1

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

It's the most radio friendly song from the album. She really needs to pick a 3rd single and promote it at the Super Bowl, but even though it is the most radio friendly song, it's too explicit for the Super Bowl. dead2 I still say John Wayne would be a better choice. It's not as radio friendly but it sounds like something they'd play.

Watch her choose A-YO and release another cheap video. If she does, she can keep it. 

2 minutes ago, Infrared said:

Watch her choose A-YO and release another cheap video. If she does, she can keep it. 

A-YO can do well gaga13

But, the video will probably be like the apple commercial orangu1

if she wants a successful song, she can release a video where she plays smth like a waitress in a cowboy pub or smth like that gaga13

I think it will be:

3rd single: A-YO or John Wayne (watch her release Diamond Loud orangu1)

4th single (if we get one orangu1) - Dancin in Circles (in summer, ft. Rihanna or Nicki)

3 hours ago, Salvatore said:

Easy.

Every LM knows it's a hit but they also know whatever comes next will most likely be the final single, so they push hard for their fave song (which for many isn't necessarilly DIC). They are just looking for excuses as to why it can't be a single because these idiots want DH, A-Yo, Joanne or John Wayne LMAO.

I love how this happens everytime an artist has an obvious smash hit on their albums and the fans are soooo pressed about it because it's not their #1 favourite song. 

DIC IS a fan favorite tho? 

anyway, DIC or JW next pls. If not, end the era. 

14 minutes ago, Gilly said:

DIC IS a fan favorite tho? 

anyway, DIC or JW next pls. If not, end the era. 

I think it's more liked by non-stans...? I could be wrong but her fans seem to be pushing hard for John Wayne and see DIC as a threat or something. nicki2 It's annoying. They fail to realize that if DIC turns out to be a hit they may let her relaese another single. jj4 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

wut  It's got that tropical/reggae sound that's all over radios 

It's definitely the song on the album that fits in with current pop trends, which is that tropical-pop sound that's everywhere. DIC is a little more obscure, but it is the most radio friendly choice. 

Do you know what's charting and being played on radio lately? 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.