Freaky Prince

What was so groundbreaking about Beyonce's halftime show?

On 1/8/2017 at 7:31 PM, John Wayne said:

rly tho? orangu1

she might not be madonna or beyonce, but she can orangu1

She's rhythmically challenged, like a wise woman named boomkack once said sass1

On 1/9/2017 at 1:17 AM, Selig said:

Your delusion is too much. mad7  If you're so sure she sounded just like Katy then prove it, post a video of Katy sounding that good. I'll wait. mad3 That's because she sounded great, she was on pitch the whole time, her belts were properly placed, resonant and fully supported. She made use of various dynamics throughout the whole performance to fulfill the aura of the performance. She was also in total control of her vocals while also staying in character the whole time. Do you even know about vocals? or are you one of the ignorant people that think you need screams in order to be a good singer? mad3

I do know about vocals sis wat3 and that was an okay performance for her limited vocals wat3 

and the fact that you stan for Xtina and then try to convince me and others that Madonna can sing rip3 

Katy level performance, I guess @QUINN can send us a link of a good vocal performance by Katy rav2 

3 hours ago, ♚Missy♚ said:

Sorry i forgot the standards for white girls were lower, she cannot dance anymore certainly not at the superbowl.

Omg Madonna can't dance in her late 50s!!1!!!!!1 Shocking!1

Kayyyy at all the allegations here.

Speaking for Katy here

Lipped? the only part was lipped was Teenage Dream cause she changed outfits, she had to make a quick transition from her Fire dress to her Beach Ball dress, at a very limited time. She has to be on cue when she comes back.

Firework was pure live, yes, she had tragic performances with Firework, before anyone tries it, but the SB Firework was live asf! And she hit all the high notes. 

Missy was lipped throughout the set. Lenny was live.

Dancing, Beyonce takes that but Katy didn't walk her way out. Her slut dropped with Lenny was unexpected, the DH section was interesting and CG TD mash up was fun to watch. In other words she pulled an entertaining show. 

Visuals, well she's Katy.

Over all Katy was groundbreaking cause it was her quintessential self, she pulled all the stops, and did it well, it could have been a disaster given the technicality of her set up. If you've seen the documentary you'll see how crucial the Fire dress and Beach Ball dress transition, if she failed that part, the show would've tanked. she struggled a lot during reheasals. She perfected the timing with finesse.

Your faves could never tbh.

15 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Over all Katy was groundbreaking cause it was her quintessential self, she pulled all the stops, and did it well, it could have been a disaster given the technicality of her set up. If you've seen the documentary you'll see how crucial the Fire dress and Beach Ball dress transition, if she failed that part, the show would've tanked. she struggled a lot during reheasals. She perfected the timing with finesse.

yeah , i saw that, she really had difficulties aura1

overall, katy's show was far more enjoyable than beyonce's, yes, it was colorful with sharks, beach girls, waves and palm trees, but at the end of the day, it was all in her style xtina11

4 hours ago, Philip said:

I do know about vocals sis wat3 and that was an okay performance for her limited vocals wat3 

and the fact that you stan for Xtina and then try to convince me and others that Madonna can sing rip3 

Katy level performance, I guess @QUINN can send us a link of a good vocal performance by Katy rav2 

Idk why I'm being dragged into this petty drag fest, and I'm sure y'all are extremely capable of looking this shit up on YouTube. Half of the reason you guys think Katy is a shitty live singer is because you don't like the tone of her voice, so no matter how good of a performance she gives, you'll still think it's subpar compared to voices that you enjoy. So please continue your discussion without me and find your own evidence! 

Just now, John Wayne said:

yeah , i saw that, she really had difficulties aura1

overall, katy's show was far more enjoyable than beyonce's, yes, it was colorful with sharks, beach girls, waves and palm trees,

but at the end of the day, it was all in her style xtina11

Glad to know u saw that.

Is this supposed to be a drag? Cause trying something completely new at the event would alienate the public, The NFL encourage artists to do their signature style to make it more relatable. It was still fresh for her but not too far out. That's why she stood out! She could've used her candy fluff but she didnt. 

19 minutes ago, QUINN said:

Idk why I'm being dragged into this petty drag fest, and I'm sure y'all are extremely capable of looking this shit up on YouTube. Half of the reason you guys think Katy is a shitty live singer is because you don't like the tone of her voice, so no matter how good of a performance she gives, you'll still think it's subpar compared to voices that you enjoy. So please continue your discussion without me and find your own evidence! 

rip4rip4rip4

3 hours ago, QUINN said:

Wow, this tea is delicious

5 hours ago, QUINN said:

I don't like her voice for many reasons, not just her tone. The angry response rip3 

You were the first Katy stain that came on my mind and it was a nice request for a good Katy performance since I don't stan her, and her stans know the best. But looks like you have some issues that you have to deal with, considering the angry response, so I'll let you to it.

20 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don't like her voice for many reasons, not just her tone. The angry response rip3 

You were the first Katy stain that came on my mind and it was a nice request for a good Katy performance since I don't stan her, and her stans know the best. But looks like you have some issues that you have to deal with, considering the angry response, so I'll let you to it.

I appreciate the thought, but I'm a little over y'all constantly rehashing and comparing the Super Bowl performances, or asking for "proof of a good live vocal" from Katy like y'all haven't already had this discussion 5000 times in just as many different threads. Me popping in and posting a video of what I consider a great live vocal (which would definitely have already been posted 5839385 times before on here) is not going to magically change your opinion. You will all continue to drag Katy and call her a shit vocalist, and I'm cool with that. Just don't tag me in your threads and expect me to fight a Stan battle that I'm not interested in. Byeeeeeee!

it was groundbreaking because of RAW TALENT. Bitch didnt need 60 ft gold steel feathers in order to slay wigs BOTH in 2013 and in 2016 with her stage presence, live singing, and dancing ALONE. sass5 

what was so impressive about trexdonnas?

lmfao1

she didnt even sing live and the only great part was the ENTRANCE because of the props. Hag had a TRAGIC guest performer (who the fuck invites LMFAO to the HALFTIME show other than some bitch in the middle of menopause) ny4 and her dancing was mediocre.  

Beyonce had the best overall show, while Katy's halftime show remains the most entertaining - It was visually appealing and AT LEAST she pre-recorded her vocals. I can't take full lipping seriously. At least fucking fake that you're singing live. trash1 

1 minute ago, Gilly said:

what was so impressive about trexdonnas?

lmfao1

it had great visual, from the equipment on the stage to the visual on the stadium. it also had a few segments: Egyptian-styled (vogue), the more disco/colorful one (music), cheerleaders (GMAYL) and the final segment with the choir (which kind of looked like a church or smth)... so Trexdonna did 4 differently styled segments in only 13 minutes antm1 while beyonce's was all the same from beginning to end... she and her girls dancers orangu1 oh, she's a feminist, how could i forget aura1

6 minutes ago, Gilly said:

Hag had a TRAGIC guest performer (who the fuck invites LMFAO to the HALFTIME show other than some bitch in the middle of menopause) ny4

okay, that was indeed tragic aura1

7 minutes ago, Gilly said:

and her dancing was mediocre.  

um.... her dancing was ON POINT jj4 can you explain me how it was mediocre? jj4

Wait, Gilly just complimented Madonna's 2012 voice lmfao2

Vocals were pre-recorded but he actually thought they weren't? Not Madonna in 2012 sounding the same as she did in 1989, 1990 and 2000! What kind of epic vocal longevity clap2

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because she didn't need all them gimmicks to distract you from the real deal: Her voice and her stage pressence. Also: No one has ever said that it was groundbreaking. Chill.  

What's the point in having different costumes and other stuff if you can't dance for shit?

I've seen people everywhere praising it, but what was so special about it?  If we compare it to Madonna and Katy's shows, it's completely plain and uncreative.  Like, Katy and Madonna had diff

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.