FOTP
Sign in to follow this  

AlunaGeorge

PhCh    3,403

bbb4ee15.jpg

As AlunaGeorge, vocalist Aluna Francis and producer George Reid have amalgamated electronic pop, 2-step garage, and left-field R&B. They met in 2009, when Reid remixed a track by Francis' group My Toys Like Me, and debuted in 2011 on Sweet Recordings with the "Analyser"/"We Are Chosen" single. By the end of the year, AlunaGeorge remixes for Mirrors ("Into the Heart") and Lana Del Rey ("Born to Die") were released. The relatively R&B-oriented "You Know You Like It" led a three-track Tri Angle EP of the same title in June 2012. This was quickly followed by a remix of Florence + the Machine's "Spectrum," as well as a vocal version of Rustie's Glass Swords track "After Light." "Your Drums, Your Love," their Island debut, was released in September 2012 and peaked at number 50 in the U.K.

Early the following year, AlunaGeorge assisted with Disclosure's "White Noise," which reached number two in their country, and released their own "Attracting Flies" in advance of Body Music. A number 11 U.K. hit, the album featured the Top 20 pop single "Attracting Flies." Vagrant supported the album in the U.S., where it went to number two on Billboard's Top Dance/Electronic Albums chart. Within a year, Island released Body Music Remixed with Kaytranada, Friendly Fires, and Duke Dumont among the contributors, though a later non-album DJ Snake remix of "You Know You Like It" became the duo's greatest stateside success, certified platinum by the RIAA. Between proper studio albums, Francis and Reid remained present with featured appearances on tracks by ZHU ("Automatic"), Jack Ü ("To Ü"), Kaytranada ("Together"), and Flume ("Innocence"). "I'm in Control," featuring Popcaan, was released in early 2016 as the first of several singles that preceded AlunaGeorge's guest-loaded second studio album, I Remember, issued that September.

PhCh    3,403
2 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

I Remember is that album giveup2

It's my favorite album of 2016 fall3 Still not sure if I like it more than their debut though

Hyun.    37,861
Just now, PhCh said:

It's my favorite album of 2016 fall3 Still not sure if I like it more than their debut though

I need to get more into Body Music, I listened through it once without paying much attention to it oprah4

Hunty Bear    11,123
32 minutes ago, Hyun. said:

I need to get more into Body Music, I listened through it once without paying much attention to it oprah4

it definitely requires an attendant listen; it's honestly one of my favorite debuts ever and it has infinite replay value jj2 I Remember is one of my favorite albums of last year but it fell short big time in comparison to Buddha Music

Hyun.    37,861
6 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

it definitely requires an attendant listen; it's honestly one of my favorite debuts ever and it has infinite replay value jj2 I Remember is one of my favorite albums of last year but it fell short big time in comparison to Buddha Music

yeah, i reeeeeally need to listen to it, i'll come back here when i do sia1 i've read a lot of people have the same opinion about IR

Bambi    1,677

Yessss AlunaGeorge yas2 

I Remember is such a good album