#Music

New song! Sinner's Prayer!

So there's this contest I found like two days ago rip2 You have to produce a song with a few samples provided jj2 1st prize is $500 yas2 get released in a record label & a pressing of the single in vinyl yas2yas2yas2 So I obviously decided to participate! wendy1 I wanted to share it with all of you so that you get a taste of what my debut album sounds like! (this song is filler compared to the rest tho)

I took a couple of FX effects, a moody guitar & some weird ass keys (which I mainly used in the bridge) from the sample pack, the rest is 100% mine.... the genre would be like 80s influenced house or smth like that wendy1 It's like a Can't Feel My Face X Cool Girl song wendy1 You'll realise why lmfao2 Bear in mind that I recorded the vocals in 3 hours so the performance is a bit um3 and I didn't even have time to master jj3

The basic-ass lyrics are about 'redeeming' yourself (a la Devil Pray) using references from the Wizard of Oz yas1 My fave part (lyric-wise) is "I left the yellow brick road a long time ago / Never needed a heart, never thought of a brain" yas1

LYRICS

(actually read them cuz my Spanish accent is just dead2

Spoiler

Tin man's heart got lost in the game,
And I know why he doesn't mind,
He loved to love but love wasn't there,
Cause he liked to liked to liked to sin,

I left the yellow brick road a long time ago,
Never needed a heart, never thought of a brain,
And I did everything that was thought to be wrong,
But I always said that we only live once,

Come and do the sinner's prayer,
I promise you won't be the same
There's always a backtrack if you choose the right track

The scarecrow's drunk, got nothing to lose,
He lives a dull life he thinks is great,
But doesn't know where the thrill is at,
So he keeps on drinking, sinking,

But I always said that we only live once,

I can't be the only one who loves it, I love it,
I can't be the only one who knows it, I know it,

But I always knew that we only live once,

There's always a backtrack, we only live once

Without further ado here's "Sinner's Prayer"

https://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/coldcut-samples-from-heaven/submissions/c0655c8c-d826-11e6-9b33-0e23ec8b8f61

It would mean a world if you all could stream it a few times so I can slay the leaderboard & therefore have higher chances at getting heard 100%!

Spoiler

WOMANIZERS TAG-LIST

(Tom knows jj5)

@blankdreams. @Urbanov @Sylk @Tiny Little Bows @Jony @TattooedHeart@Royale @Russian Roulette @Hannah. @Hylia @GLORY @QUINN @Hyun. @Anna-wa @Entea @LanaxGaga @Adriano  @Juinae @The Black Parade @Sheezus @Dr. Slay @Taylor @Royalty @Snow @SANDCASTLES @Honey @Princess Aurora @Dangerous Jim @Adore. @SWIN3 @Kali

^^List of users who I think won't mind getting a notification for this katy3 Sorry if u didn't want to be included rip2

btw there are some of u missing, I couldn't tag so I had to steal the names from the Dua Lipa section & 50% To Win! lana1 Love u!

8 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

OMG I'M SO PROUD OF YOU BB oprah4

About to listen oprah4

I'm making a Daniel Cosgrove award as we speak oprah4

oprah4 thanks oprah4 I'm not 100% happy with the result cuz it still sounds messy but it's all i could do oprah1 Daniel Cosgrove sounds iconic idk why

9 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

I like it tbh interesting1 I like this mixture between Madonna and Tove Lo 

Oh yeah trueee ny1 I used the TR-909 as a build-up drum, it's the same drum machine used in Vogue! jj2 Thankss!!! <3

omg Dan my wig went swimming in the pacific ocean and drowned alex1 I love the pre-hook and the bridge! cry6  slay those Wizard of Oz references, the lyrics are amazing cry7 And your voice is so cute wig WENT 

23 minutes ago, Sylk said:

F2ERCSo.jpg

21 minutes ago, Sylk said:

omg Dan my wig went swimming in the pacific ocean and drowned alex1 I love the pre-hook and the bridge! cry6  slay those Wizard of Oz references, the lyrics are amazing cry7 And your voice is so cute wig WENT 

lmfao2lmfao2 thanks sisss!!! alex1

I love the beat of the song and as said before, it reminds us of Tove Lo's universe. The effects are nice too.

Don't worry about your voice at all, we can understand your words and that's the most important imo! You should be proud of it ;) 

I'm creating an account in order to vote for your song by the way but it takes ages to sign up interesting1

19 minutes ago, Royale said:

I love the beat of the song and as said before, it reminds us of Tove Lo's universe. The effects are nice too.

Don't worry about your voice at all, we can understand your words and that's the most important imo! You should be proud of it ;) 

I'm creating an account in order to vote for your song by the way but it takes ages to sign up interesting1

interesting1 omg yas sis! views coming from users count more rip2 thanks for listening! <3 lana1

9 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

I thought this topic was about Gaga when I got the notification, rip.

But I will definitely listen to it a little bit later. <3

omg expose my stealing techniques a bit lmfao2