Freaky Prince

Can we all agree that....

23 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Lol no. It's disgusting, completely ruined essence of the song.

But if she performed the original version she would have ruined the essence & flow of the tour, and we both know she'd rather kill herself than do that oprah11 I adore this version, the original is a classic but this one brings a much needed sense of urgency to the show and I think it's a kick ass remix tbh oprah6 The crowd is sure as hell loving it.

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

But if she performed the original version she would have ruined the essence & flow of the tour, and we both know she'd rather kill herself than do that oprah11 I adore this version, the original is a classic but this one brings a much needed sense of urgency to the show and I think it's a kick ass remix tbh oprah6 The crowd is sure as hell loving it.

But she never performed original version oprah6

For me this is not Like a Prayer THE song. It's edm song with same lyrics. I don't wanna hear that live, i wanna hear original song, guitar riff, intro, verses, choruses, amazing dark outro. That's THE song. Not this oprah11

That's why i hate her tours and performances, she always ruins songs for me. Only time she didn't do that was CT because Price actually kept original melodies and they sounded the same but with Confessions twist, like they came from same sessions. (Also DWT but she barely sang older songs so rip2 )

18 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

But she never performed original version oprah6

For me this is not Like a Prayer THE song. It's edm song with same lyrics. I don't wanna hear that live, i wanna hear original song, guitar riff, intro, verses, choruses, amazing dark outro. That's THE song. Not this oprah11

That's why i hate her tours and performances, she always ruins songs for me. Only time she didn't do that was CT because Price actually kept original melodies and they sounded the same but with Confessions twist, like they came from same sessions. (Also DWT but she barely sang older songs so rip2 )

It's a matter of preference at the end of the day, for me, I am much more satisfied with her executing her vision to the fullest than to watch a Greatest Hits tour oprah11 

I don't think the original version would sound as exciting live to be completely honest with you aretha1 as a matter of fact I think it would sound a bit boring, especially in the context of her tours, it would ruin the dynamics of every concert of hers, but that's again back to my first point : a matter of preference. (as in what do you want from her), I think it's remarkable how she musically rearranges her hits to fit the narrative of the tours, because that supports her essence as an artist that uses music to communicate her vision. If she wasn't a visionary she wouldn't be praised as one of the all time greatest performers.

But anyway, didn't she -almost- sing the studio version during MDNA brit13

10 hours ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

What's the point of going to her shows if you're not going to hear the songs you actually know and love?

You want her to perform only the studio version of "Like a Prayer" everytime she's touring? 

You want to hear the same version of the same song in every tour of her post-the-90s tours?

QlYPhFZ.gif

55 minutes ago, Jjang said:

The crowd is sure as hell loving it.

I was there and It was a religious experience. Literally the whole stadium jumping. The massive beat hitting you in your chest. Everyone singing along giveup1

I'll never forget that moment.

I love the reinventions. Sometimes they are brilliant, sometimes they can be solid or bad. eve1  When it comes to S&S, there are cool reinventions, although many of them sound very cheap and too commercial now. jj3 

Like a Prayer is a powerful song. The closest thing to the original was BAT version. Other tour versions were cute, but they didn't have the same energy and passion like the original. lj1 

24 minutes ago, #1 said:

You want her to perform only the studio version of "Like a Prayer" everytime she's touring? 

You want to hear the same version of the same song in every tour of her post-the-90s tours?

But even performing originals can be refreshing in Madonna's situation. 

Why reinventing a song, if the result won't be good? And some songs don't really need a reinvention like Vogue. Maybe a little bit of editing and remixing here and there, but a complete reinvention is unnecessary.