LÉON

Artists who slay Youtube, flop Billboard/OCC et al

Sometimes I'm shocked by how many views a song has on Youtube when an artist is generally a no1curr

Take, for example, Tei Shi's Bassically - last time I checked it had 5m views but whew has even heard of ha? Or Kyla La Grange. Ha bop Cut Your Teeth has about 3m views but where is ha ablum in da charts?

I know there's probably a few from Infradead who has passed out at his laptop from sheer thirst and accidentally got stuck on the rihplay button but why doesn't Youtube exposure =/= smash? Is it because if you're already on the internet you may as well steal illegally download it? Or are we post-chart hits these days because of streaming?

Discuss and share examples.  

8 minutes ago, M!X said:

Jennifer Lopez & Shakira

artists from Latin America in general have huge amount of views yet aside from few hits in Europe their songs flop in US and most of Europe

Yeah, here's another example

Since I like salsa and go to salsa parties very often, I do know the song, but most people probably have never heard of it despite having over 1.1 billion views.ari1

53 minutes ago, Scandalous Matt said:

artists like Goatkira whose stans live in 3rd world countries & don't have the money to purchase their music from itunes so they have to resort to youtube moo1

i get what you mean but shakira is ACTUALLY slaying the charts with her spanish music. Chantaje (her current single) is her biggest hit (in Spanish) since La Tortura and it's currently blowing up in Europe and breaking records on Spotify. Her last Spanish album outsold some of the pop girls releases, including the gurl in ur avvie sass1 (Sale El Sol sold over 500K in FRANCE alone rip2). Shakira aint a good example cause she slays both on youtube and in sales. 

1 hour ago, Gilly said:

i get what you mean but shakira is ACTUALLY slaying the charts with her spanish song. It's her biggest hit (in Spanish) since La Tortura and it's currently blowing up in Europe. Her last Spanish album outsold some of the pop girls releases, including the gurl in ur avvie sass1 (Sale El Sol sold over 500K in FRANCE alone rip2). Shakira aint a good example cause she slays both on youtube and in sales. 

neaux1curr gilberto

1 hour ago, Scandalous Matt said:

artists like Goatkira whose stans live in 3rd world countries & don't have the money to purchase their music from itunes so they have to resort to youtube moo1

I remember when Shakille O'Neal had a spot on BBC News and they introduced her as "Colombia's no. 1 musical export" and I was like um2 that's like coming first in a beauty contest with only one contestant

11 hours ago, Dash My Wig said:

I remember when Shakille O'Neal had a spot on BBC News and they introduced her as "Colombia's no. 1 musical export" and I was like um2 that's like coming first in a beauty contest with only one contestant

Shakille O'neal!!!!!!! Im choking on my carrot sticks rip2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

artists like Goatkira whose stans live in 3rd world countries & don't have the money to purchase their music from itunes so they have to resort to youtube

Jennifer Lopez & Shakira artists from Latin America in general have huge amount of views yet aside from few hits in Europe their songs flop in US and most of Europe

I remember when Shakille O'Neal had a spot on BBC News and they introduced her as "Colombia's no. 1 musical export" and I was like  that's like coming first in a beauty contest with only one contestan

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.