QUINN

The contents of Kesha's text to Gaga have been -sort of- revealed

kesha-gaga-perry-text.jpg

The contents of a text message Kesha sent to Lady Gaga last February about Dr. Luke have been revealed. According to newly-filed legal documents obtained by Buzzfeed, the text “falsely stated that another female recording artist had been raped by Gottwald, and again repeated the baseless assertion that Kesha had been raped by Gottwald.” Luke adamantly denies the claim and is asking a judge to allow him to add a defamation claim to his ongoing lawsuit against Kesha for the “malicious purpose of further damaging [Dr. Luke’s] reputation and business.”

The text that says the other recording artist was “raped by the same man” did not specifically state his name, but Luke's legal team says it's clear he's the one being referred to. 

Previous reports (see below) attached Katy Perry's name to the lawsuit, so perhaps the unnamed recording artist Kesha is referring to is her, though that is not verified or confirmed. Perry's name is not mentioned anywhere in Buzzfeed's new report. It was claimed a judge granted Dr. Luke the permission to show Katy Perry the text in question.

Kesha's legal team also filed papers on Monday – they assert Luke has a “vendetta against Kesha,” is blocking her from releasing new music and is withholding owed payments.

From Buzzfeed:

Over the past 10 months “Kesha’s efforts to record and release her next album have been met with unfounded resistance and delay,” according to her court papers. While she handed over 20 songs this summer, not one song has been approved, no release date has been set for the album, and no promotional plan has been finalized for a release, her attorneys argued.

Per the exclusive recording contract she signed in 2005 when she was 18, Kesha must deliver five albums for Dr. Luke before their arrangement is terminated. Until she delivers three more, she could be locked into the contract for life. Kesha’s last album, Warrior, was released Nov. 30, 2012.

While Kesha no longer has to work in the same room as him, her attorneys said she is still under his control. The “untenable” situation will only get worse when Dr. Luke’s contract with Sony ends in March leaving her completely under Dr. Luke’s management control, bound to him until she completes three more albums. Kesha, they said, cannot be expected to work for a man “who has verbally abused her, made physical threats against her, and sued her and her mother for punitive damages in an attempt to bankrupt them both.”

“You can get a divorce from an abusive spouse. You can dissolve a partnership if the relationship becomes irreconcilable. The same opportunity — to be liberated from the physical, emotional, and financial bondage of a destructive relationship — should be available to a recording artist,” Kesha’s court papers state.
Given their history, Kesha’s attorneys said it is “impossible” for her and Dr. Luke to work together, and asked the court “in the interest of justice” to free her from the contract.

Source

So they're gonna show Katy the text mentioning her? They need to give Kesha her freedom and stop turning this into an episode of Nekci Menij. I'm not surprised by Kesha not being the only victim though. I've always been curious as to Becky G's relationship with Dr. Luke.

27 minutes ago, Hylia said:

So they're gonna show Katy the text mentioning her? They need to give Kesha her freedom and stop turning this into an episode of Nekci Menij. I'm not surprised by Kesha not being the only victim though. I've always been curious as to Becky G's relationship with Dr. Luke.

Wasn't Demi with Dr Luke too? Becky I heard did something but I can't remember.

10 minutes ago, sonowgoodbye said:

Wasn't Demi with Dr Luke too? Becky I heard did something but I can't remember.

No she's always been under Hollywood Records. Becky is under Kemosabe Records, and there were rumors that she wasn't allowed to release music after her most recent single

Maybe a really dumb question, but what happens if Kesha just releases music by herself? Like she records something and then put it on Soundcloud or whatever. 

2 minutes ago, Royalty said:

Maybe a really dumb question, but what happens if Kesha just releases music by herself? Like she records something and then put it on Soundcloud or whatever. 

At the very least, she wouldn't be allowed to sell it - she might not even be able to release it without the label shutting it down.

Just now, Mom said:

At the very least, she wouldn't be allowed to sell it - she might not even be able to release it without the label shutting it down.

That really sucks....if Dr. Luke is really that evil she would be never be able to release music, which I see him doing cry8 

2 hours ago, QUINN said:

“malicious purpose of further damaging [Dr. Luke’s] reputation and business.”

Boy, there's nothing left to damage anymore. You're done, finished. Your reputation in Hollywood IS as a rapist now, you can't get any "further" damaged than that.

On 2/1/2017 at 8:35 PM, Moonlight said:

This is so disgusting... and she even sent in 20 songs but he still won't let her do anything. This is bullshit.

He can't do that. If he did Kesha may get her injunction. The judge herself said that if Luke refused to let Kesha release new material, she would grant the injunction. It's most likely that the album is currently underway, but Kesha probably doesn't want to start hyping fans in case something would happen to disappoint us, like a delay or announced songs not making the cut.

1 hour ago, Sheezus said:

He can't do that. If he did Kesha may get her injunction. The judge herself said that if Luke refused to let Kesha release new material, she would grant the injunction. It's most likely that the album is currently underway, but Kesha probably doesn't want to start hyping fans in case something would happen to disappoint us, like a delay or announced songs not making the cut.

im already hyped aura1