Onika

Politics Lounge

Since this section is becoming opt-in, I figured it might be beneficial to have a place where you can discuss more general politically-related topics, that may not be tied to particular current events or stories in the news.

Just now, Sean said:

imo disappointing that people co-opt out of politics since its such an important thing in these days but alas you can't please everyone 

Like I said in the announcement thread, I hope that people (and I believe generally they will) keep up with what's going on in the world, but sometimes you do need to escape from it for a bit.

1 minute ago, Onika said:

Like I said in the announcement thread, I hope that people (and I believe generally they will) keep up with what's going on in the world, but sometimes you do need to escape from it for a bit.

I'm moreso speaking on general terms (albeit the thread did influence post a lot) that a lot of people abstain from politics just because its "drama" filled, when the rights of individuals are literally being revoked as we speak 

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I'm moreso speaking on general terms (albeit the thread did influence post a lot) that a lot of people abstain from politics just because its "drama" filled, when the rights of individuals are literally being revoked as we speak 

Generally I agree, the problem with politics though is that if you let it consume your life too much, you'll end up so tense and stressed out that you'll just snap dead2

1 hour ago, Sean said:

I mean they have no problem causing trouble over superficial things in NHB and BG dead4 They'll literally spend decades talking about Joanne and why Demi is fat.

I guess we have to be fair since a majority of this section is American politics, which doesn't really affect non-american users as much.

25 minutes ago, Mom said:

Generally I agree, the problem with politics though is that if you let it consume your life too much, you'll end up so tense and stressed out that you'll just snap dead2

My life for the past two years sistren1

I wanna just make a general note in here that I've wanted to make like 10 times in various threads but just never have because it never felt right, but:

i hope y'all know that I really appreciate the perspectives that you bring to the political discussions that we have here, and if I ever come at you defensively, I don't mean to be rude or belittle your point of view. I'm just a little touchy sometimes.

OKAY THATS ALL BYE. ❤

4 minutes ago, Mom said:

She's probably going to win, we better get used to that dead2

Yeah the world is going so far right dead2 

But I have faith in France, hopefully they realize she's trash before then

13 minutes ago, Jake said:

Yeah the world is going so far right dead2 

But I have faith in France, hopefully they realize she's trash before then

I don't - the mood that's griped the majority of voters in that country is exactly what she plays to, I think she'll win. 

Merkel will hold on in Germany though, but it'll be severely reduced. 

4 hours ago, Mom said:

tbh lmao i actually got into politics / activism in 2015 because of the Marriage Ref in Ireland dead7 

7 hours ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

I already know that I am going to have many a meltdown in this space. orangu1

7 hours ago, Anna-wa said:

Right there with you...

you two were facing the dilemma of "to be informed & stressed or uninformed & relaxedT" to choose the section right orangu1