FOTP
Sign in to follow this  

Blondie | Pollinator | May 5, 2017 | featuring Charli XCX, Sia, Blood Orange & more...

Systemagic    5,010

500x500bb.jpg

1. Doom or Destiny
  2. Long Time
  3. Already Naked
  4. Fun
  5. My Monster
  6. Best Day Ever
  7. When I Gave Up on You
  8. Love Level
  9. Too Much
  10. Fragments

Pre-order: https://blondie.lnk.to/PollinatorID

DIY - Debbie Harry-fronted legends Blondie have confirmed their 11th studio album ‘Pollinator’. It features everyone in music (well, pretty much) as a guest collaborator, and production comes from John Congleton (St Vincent, Swans).

The record features… [deep breath] Blood Orange, Johnny Marr, Laurie Anderson, Charli XCX, Sia, Joan Jett, TV on the Radio’s Dave Sitek, and Nick Valensi of The Strokes. Bloody heck.

In a statement about the new album - out on 5th May - Debbie Harry said: “quoting Emma Goldman, ‘If I can’t dance I don’t want to be part of your revolution.’ In these trying times we need some fun,’ adding, ‘“we’re very serious about fun.”

Accordingly, the first single from ’Pollinator’ is titled ‘Fun’. Listen to the track - which features TV On the Radio’s Dave Sitek - below.

Systemagic    5,010
13 minutes ago, Rachel Berry said:

Oh my god giveup1 

*looks for place to hide wig before Debbie snatches it*

LVwgFH3.gif

Nocturn    5,568

It seems like it will be a continuation of sound from previous album. jj3 Too gay-esque. eve1 What happened to rock music? um2 

Systemagic    5,010
26 minutes ago, Neyde said:

It seems like it will be a continuation of sound from previous album. jj3 Too gay-esque. eve1 What happened to rock music? um2 

I don't think the tracks with Joan Jett, The Strokes and Johnny Marr will sound like Gays of Download. wendy1

Nocturn    5,568
2 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

I don't think the tracks with Joan Jett, The Strokes and Johnny Marr will sound like Gays of Download. wendy1

I hope. eve1 And Blood Orange better deliver that 80s rock/r'n'b anthem with polished production. clap1 

I think Ghosts of Download was closer to latest Debbie's solo albums, although even her solo albums were much better than that. 

Starlight    8,772
46 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

*looks for place to hide wig before Debbie snatches it*

LVwgFH3.gif

RIP my wig it was nice knowing you

LVwgFH3.gif

Vertigo-go    40,519

I hope Laurie Anderson really brings some leftist electronica shit, because honestly, Blondie are one of those bands that mostly look good in theory. About 60% of their music is horrible, and Debbie's fuck-ass solo albums are just rip1

Dash My Wig    120,871
11 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

I hope Laurie Anderson really brings some leftist electronica shit, because honestly, Blondie are one of those bands that mostly look good in theory. About 60% of their music is horrible, and Debbie's fuck-ass solo albums are just rip1

I'm smacking my lips after this delicious tea. I got really excited by Blondie at one point, so I bought all their re-mastered albums from before they broke up, and they were only good for the singles um2 I guess that's what happens when you pump out an album a year. Blondie is the perfect example of a band where you only need to buy the GH

Vertigo-go    40,519
6 minutes ago, Dash My Wig said:

I'm smacking my lips after this delicious tea. I got really excited by Blondie at one point, so I bought all their re-mastered albums from before they broke up, and they were only good for the singles um2 I guess that's what happens when you pump out an album a year. Blondie is the perfect example of a band where you only need to buy the GH

Oh my god, YES. There were so many influential bands back then, and Blondie, I think, were mostly popular because Debbie looked iconic. I only liked the album Debravation, from 1993, plus its many unreleased tracks that were shelved.

Her 1980s solo albums are fucking horrible.

Dash My Wig    120,871
Just now, Vertigo-go said:

Oh my god, YES. There were so many influential bands back then, and Blondie, I think, were mostly popular because Debbie looked iconic. I only liked the album Debravation, from 1993, plus its many unreleased tracks that were shelved.

Her 1980s solo albums are fucking horrible.

French Kissin' was a bit of a bop though lj1 

Vertigo-go    40,519
Just now, Dash My Wig said:

French Kissin' was a bit of a bop though lj1 

Yeah! But her songs were so juvenile, for a woman in her 30s rip2

OMG I was going to post a snippet from a movie, but turns out the entire tape for Rock and Rule soundtrack leaked scream1

Anyway, this song Invocation, from this movie is something I really dig from Debbie. It's sick!

Babakazoo    13

I've been a Blondie fan since their first album way back in the mid 70's!  I have bought every album upon it's release and will do the same with this album.  I find every album to be unique, some I loved, some I didn't care for & some I don't mind listening to occasionally.  I will be seeing them live in April, and I am sure we are going to here stuff from the new album then.  I hope they throw in a lot of their classics on this tour and not just focus on the more recent albums.  Amazing to see that they are still recording and touring... Debbie is 71 now, and still looks and sounds amazing.