Say Lou Lou

Lady Gaga's Super Bowl Halftime Show: Discussion Thread

ok now i've had my moment to gather myself, hands down her best performance ever and rightfully so at the biggest performance of her career. She served choreo, vocals, iconography and talent. The only two things i would've wanted was Bey during Telelphone and a hairbow when she was on the roof/obelisk that she could remove when she went to do BTW.

Also the transition from PF to BTW was just... HOLY SHIT, and the intro with the DITD elements was utterly amazing.

The song she did at the start was an absolute slay. i dont know ha but it sounded beautiful with the lights. that was GORGE alex1 

The jump woo. Poker Face. YAS at her doing BTW and literally screaming when it got to the 'no matter gay straight or bi' part. Like, y'all complaining she didn't make a statement. She did, it was just. you know what, it wasn't even subtle. 

I can't at her doing Telephone. Kii at her ignoring Bey. wasn't she in the audience or something tho. She should have cut down on it a little bit tho. It didn't really deserve all that when TEOG got 4 words. WHEN IT WENT INTO JUST DANCE giveup1 MAMA. 

Then Million Reasons. YAS kween. I'm a bit sad she didnt put in an intro for John Wayne at some point to promote it, but I guess this means they're not giving up on MR yet, which is good. It was gorgeous. I do agree it was maybe a bit too long but I love the song and she was serving VOCALS. She could have done with maybe a little bit of TEOG or Speechless even in there (inb4 You and I). Also this was also somewhat of a statement too.

Bad Romance was just amazing. I'm not even that big of a fan of the song; one of my least favorites on TFM tbh. But it was so much hype. Going from MR to it too. LAWD. rip2

Urgh she is so talented and so beautiful alex1 mad respect for her (interesting how much change a couple of years can make, huh?). I do think some of the early transitions weren't amazing. Like you could tell when a song was gonna switch coz there was a long wind-down and start-up period. But some of the other ones (Telephone to JD and MR to BR) were amazing. Also some areas of the song choices could have been better but it was a 9/10 for song choice overall tbh. (Remove a little Telephone/MR and add in a bit more TEOG and some Paparazzi, and its 10/10). I think Katy (as the only other SB i watched) did better in those departments personally, but Gaga outshined her with hype and the staging tbh. It was truly gorgeous. Both were truly outstanding. At first, I thought Katy's was my fave but I'm not actually sure after rewatching Gaga's with headphones. 

Slay alex1 

8 minutes ago, Dangerous Jim said:

blah blah blah america is great I'm so patriotic

That's not a political statement. The president is stripping minorities and lgbt of basic rights and she doesn't say anything about it on the biggest stage there is in the world. Very strange imo 

She wasn't there to make a political statement. She was booked to perform at the halftime show and that's exactly what she did. 

What did you want her to do? Scream fuck Donald Trump?

1 minute ago, PoisonCandy said:

I can't watch it for like another hour, but did she really do DITD? giveup1

Don't read if you don't want spoilers

Spoiler

JUSt the instrumental for a transition from God BLESS america to Poker Face, as she's fucking mid air jumping from the fucking roof omg im still shook from hos iconic moment lemme rest my wig

United States

iTunes Songs:
3. Million Reasons 
32. Poker Face
34. Born This Way
41. Bad Romance
43. Million Reasons 
44. Just Dance
56. Perfect Illusion
66. The Edge of Glory
90. Paparazzi
92. Telephone
108. Bad Romance
149. Yoü and I
161. Born This Way
166. Applause

iTunes Albums:
2. Joanne 
3. Joanne 
4. The Fame Monster
10. Born This Way
11. The Fame Monster
19. The Fame
39. ARTPOP
41. Born This Way
59. The Fame Monster
69. Cheek to Cheek
81. Cheek to Cheek
112. Joanne
125. Joanne

LORD  giveup1 

17 minutes ago, Mark said:

Don't read if you don't want spoilers

Hide contents

JUSt the instrumental for a transition from God BLESS america to Poker Face, as she's fucking mid air jumping from the fucking roof omg im still shook from hos iconic moment lemme rest my wig

Jesus giveup1 Everyone on fb is praising it giveup1

I'm gonna watch in 30 mins.

41 minutes ago, Dangerous Jim said:

blah blah blah america is great I'm so patriotic

That's not a political statement. The president is stripping minorities and lgbt of basic rights and she doesn't say anything about it on the biggest stage there is in the world. Very strange imo 

Not saying America is great, but when you deal with politics 24/7 it's exhausting. I'm not sure what magic rainbow ya'll thought her political stance would make rip2 

1) Donald said he won't pursue reversing Obama's order on LGBT. 

2) His ban got overturned by protests.  

When everything becomes about Donald, it's almost like he feeds off the attention. People focused on her this time. She needs to stop sharing the spotlight.

Im glad she didn't make it political. Its so exhausting with the news being focuses on the politics  24/7. It was nice for us to kinda forget about how shitty America is right now for those 13 minutes that Gaga performed. it was a nice distraction!

1 hour ago, Petit Monstre said:

So true! Any statement or comment would've been unnecessary and would've overshadowed the perfomance itself. 

The song at the beginning and drones in the shape of the flag were suitable and more than enough.

On the other side, I was extremely satisfied with the show itself. The jump from the roof, the fucking drones,

the acrobatics, the light show, the choreo, the vocal, I mean everything was ON POINT. They only thing I wish

she did was to close with Perfect Illusion. I really like that song and would've loved to hear it here, but oh well...

It really showed the showmanship Gaga is capable of and I'm really glad everything went well and smooth. 

Props to you Gaga, thank you for an amazing night queen!!

Yeah i wish she would have done Perfect Illusion or A-YO!