LÉON

Who never lived up to their potential?

1 minute ago, Billie Frank said:

Bit of a reach given your fave is doing the exact same.

4th album (we dont know Katy's first album) flops, so they resort to taking up the role of TV Talent Show judge. 

Katy's 5th album is basically ha Lotus. sia3

Katy had a much bigger peak and success for way longer than Crustyna. But yes they're both flops now that they decided to become judges on a panel of no1currs and hasbeens. brit5

15 hours ago, Cl!t said:

Katy had a much bigger peak and success for way longer than Crustyna. But yes they're both flops now that they decided to become judges on a panel of no1currs and hasbeens. brit5

Xtina will be remembered more. She has a bigger fanbase. 

3 minutes ago, Cl!t said:

tenor.png

Sure Jan whatever helps you sleep at night. Just know you’re wrong.  lol3

Stay delusional. 

I'd love to see a BGs war between you and Arguehaga

2 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Why would I be pressed lol. I stan both Katy and Xtina. brit13

I just said they were both flopping. Your points are right except for Oreo going to be more remembered. brit8

1 hour ago, MadLove. said:

Katy had potential if she had promoted Never Really Over more and then released KP5 shortly afterwards

Fifth Harmony had potential if they hadn't released Work from Home 2.0

fall8 "Katy Perry had potential" is SENDING me. I think she reached it, at one point.

32 minutes ago, MadLove. said:

The OP says who had the potential to have a long career

Sis rip2 She lasted a good 10 years, that's decent

This might be controversial but... I feel like Gaga.

It's not that I think she's a flop like many on this forum say but I do think that her artistic peak was Born This Way. That album is just amazing, the looks she delivered were amazing, the music videos were untouchable and the controversies made it exciting to be a Gaga fan on the Internet. Oh and great wigs, beautiful wigs.

rih9

Commerical peaks aren't THAT interesting to me so I'm gonna be a little contrarian and say Britney.

There was a very clear sense of progression from album to album until the pop bible that is Blackout happened and then she never got the chance to take control and push herself forward until Glory kind of. Glory is more like Janet's Unbreakable though. After a string of questionable albums it was a return to form and a modernizing of her sound but it didn't really push things forward like their prime albums.

And yeah sure she stayed pretty huge until 2011 (and there's clearly been demand for her since) but if 2007 didn't happen the way it did I feel she could've had the same kind of presence Beyoncé currently has tbh.

4 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

No, but if that makes you feel better, sure why not. 

It's true though, Katy's issue is that she never managed to properly develop a fan base. Xtina did manage that and has a fan base of varying ages, so even if her music is flopping she'll still have people wanting to buy it and see her in concert. I'm not so sure if that'll be the case for Katy in 10-15 years time.

23 minutes ago, tomás said:

definitely christina aguilera. she could've been so much bigger... the fact she only released 2 studio albums in the 00's rip4 

Her career has been a mess. Releasing a Christmas album before her 2nd album, releasing a greatest hits after only her 3rd album. rip4

1 hour ago, tomás said:

definitely christina aguilera. she could've been so much bigger... the fact she only released 2 studio albums in the 00's rip4 

The way she was so huge after Stripped a masterpiece of an album and then she decided to wait....rip4 her catalogue should have been on par with mariah 

Jessica Simpson. Her debut album, albeit flawed, was near immaculate in terms of her vocal performances. Her sophomore album was messy af but In This Skin was a fine album. She never got to explore more of her songwriting skill even though some songs from In This Skin and A Public Affair are truly good songs. Her country album was largely ignored and her voice had declined since. Truly a waste of talent. I also didn't like the fact that she did a cover of These Boots from that one forgettable movie; not her ass saying that she disliked the oversexualized image of Irresistible but flaunting her near naked body while washing a car. Her musical career should have been much better.

I agree with gwen.. Baby don't flop was good but after that was a messy time

and Fergie.... everything was good but that 10 year hiatus .... sis .... 

15 minutes ago, GlenCoco said:

I agree with gwen.. Baby don't flop was good but after that was a messy time

and Fergie.... everything was good but that 10 year hiatus .... sis .... 

I hate that the La La La song wasn't a hit in the US.  It was huge in the UK at the time. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kesha since after "Die young".

Commerical peaks aren't THAT interesting to me so I'm gonna be a little contrarian and say Britney.   There was a very clear sense of progression from album to album until the pop bible that

"Katy Perry had potential" is SENDING me. I think she reached it, at one point.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.