Jony

Katy Perry | Chained To The Rhythm | Feb 10

Okay, so now Chained To The Rhythm is finally out. And I gotta say after seeing some of the lyrics I was a bit sceptical, but it were just some snippets so I didn't make an opinion yet.

And wow, I'm glad I didn't judge it because of these snippets of the lyrics. jj4 Because the lyrics are actually genius and prove her ability as songwriter like no song before. The song is extremely catchy and (seemingly) in a happy mood, at the same time the lyrics are so deep, I get goosebumps all the time. I'm scalped, obsessed and in love with this song. She really did that and if someone seriously calls this basic trash or thinks it's like everything she did before, they might need help or can't handle the fact that their fave probably hasn't written such a clever song. jj4

KATHERYN IS BACK

I just listened to Chained To The Rhythm and I have to say that I have mixed feelings about it, I liked it a lot but I don't know, it doesn't sound like a Katy's song rav2 more like Clean Bandit meets Sia If you know what I mean but I think she did a good job because I love it

Song is really great,  so is lyrics video...I hear people talking shit, and I can't wait for Katy to shit at their pathetic faves.

Once again she proved how creative her work is, also gave it a serious note, so go Katy. cry9 

Loving this song and I've had it on repeat all morning. Her best lead single imo.

There's been lots of talk about what is means; is it deep or is it basic? I think the post about communism is a complete reach but I do think there's an interesting subtext.

What has Katy spent the last year doing? Campaigning for Clinton. So I think the meaning of the song is obvious enough. It's about Trump. Everyone assumed that everything would be fine and was happy enough to go on with being consumed by celebrity, TV, consumerism etc. ignoring the problems out there in the world that was leading to this horrible moment.

"Too comfortable, we're living in a bubble, bubble,

Too comfortable, we couldn't see the trouble, trouble"

But now the worst is here and we need to break free. That's what the Skip Marley section is about. The need to wake up and see what's really going on and get active .

"Break down the walls to connect, inspire,

Ay, up in your high place, liars,

Time is ticking for the empire."

So I think the song is meaningful if you read between the lines at the subtext and look at the context of both the world and Katy's own words and activities in the last year or so. She's gone political while still serving bops! 

4 hours ago, Dreamsssss said:

Okay, so now Chained To The Rhythm is finally out. And I gotta say after seeing some of the lyrics I was a bit sceptical, but it were just some snippets so I didn't make an opinion yet.

And wow, I'm glad I didn't judge it because of these snippets of the lyrics. jj4 Because the lyrics are actually genius and prove her ability as songwriter like no song before. The song is extremely catchy and (seemingly) in a happy mood, at the same time the lyrics are so deep, I get goosebumps all the time. I'm scalped, obsessed and in love with this song. She really did that and if someone seriously calls this basic trash or thinks it's like everything she did before, they might need help or can't handle the fact that their fave probably hasn't written such a clever song. jj4

KATHERYN IS BACK

OMG STAN TO THE HIGH HEAVENS SHDJSKS WHEW alex1 

2 hours ago, FMKK said:

Loving this song and I've had it on repeat all morning. Her best lead single imo.

There's been lots of talk about what is means; is it deep or is it basic? I think the post about communism is a complete reach but I do think there's an interesting subtext.

What has Katy spent the last year doing? Campaigning for Clinton. So I think the meaning of the song is obvious enough. It's about Trump. Everyone assumed that everything would be fine and was happy enough to go on with being consumed by celebrity, TV, consumerism etc. ignoring the problems out there in the world that was leading to this horrible moment.

"Too comfortable, we're living in a bubble, bubble,

Too comfortable, we couldn't see the trouble, trouble"

But now the worst is here and we need to break free. That's what the Skip Marley section is about. The need to wake up and see what's really going on and get active .

"Break down the walls to connect, inspire,

Ay, up in your high place, liars,

Time is ticking for the empire."

So I think the song is meaningful if you read between the lines at the subtext and look at the context of both the world and Katy's own words and activities in the last year or so. She's gone political while still serving bops! 

Katy has been calling the hamster character Mr. Parsons, which is a reference to the book 1984. So there's definitely lots of subtext to be found there!