Jae

Will Katy ever stop releasing basic trash?

This bitch I swear I usually hate her but I'm reaaaaally digging this new look and the visuals for CTTR but after hearing that longer snippet I got really dissappointed because it sounded so basic and so typical Katy jj4 Reminds me of the cool teasers before Prism and then she releases Roar and fucks it all up jj4 I really wanna like her this era because everyone else is so boring atm but I hope she really does something different and edgy with this album, but I shouldn't get my hopes up ig

what do u think 

4 minutes ago, BreatheOnKnee said:

it's pop music, what were you expecting? dead2 

Ray of Light is pop, The Fame Monster is pop, In the Zone is pop etc etc 

3 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Witness was kinda different for her if you haven't heard that.

I loved Witness but it's not the single that's being released so it makes me wonder 

2 minutes ago, #1 said:

Not you basing an opinion on a song you haven't even heard in full yet.  um2 

Over a minute is enough of a song to usually determine how it will go so

5 minutes ago, BreatheOnKnee said:

it's pop music, what were you expecting? dead2 

There's plenty of edgy, cool, fun, dark, etc pop music that gets critical acclaim all around. i.e. Art Angels, Froot, Pure Heroine, Queen Of The Clouds.. and these are all artists who are in it for the music not the bling. Katy has the bling, lets make it about the music now. She has a HUGE stan base. She isn't going to stop selling at all if she were to release something deeper. Just my opinion, not an attack. 

Y'all need to stop basing your opinions on a song by literally a 30 second LQ snippet. It's her LEAD single her lead is ALWAYS the poppiest... Look @ IKAG, Cali Girls, and ROAR... 

ROAR doesn't even sound like it belongs on PRISM TBH we have no clue what this album is like but she needs to come back with a pop song that will catch the general masses attention. If y'all wanted more experimental music you should have supported Rise more and got it to radio. She knows what she's doing though, and the lyricism for this song you can already tell has social commentary into it. It's not just a party pop song. 

2 minutes ago, Jae said:

I loved Witness but it's not the single that's being released so it makes me wonder

Fair play. I think you just have to consider that Katy is first and foremost a pop artist who relies heavily on singles. Chained to the Rhythm does sound like more of the same in a lot of ways, but if she's capable of something like Witness, then maybe her album (outside the singles) will be a little more experimental.

10 hours ago, Jae said:

Over a minute is enough of a song to usually determine how it will go so

Bye.

Many songs get interesting after the 1st minute, like the beat builds up, then the bridge comes on with a breakdown, and the song changes drastically.... 

NOW it is a different story if you're talking from the hater point of view, because they will hate it before even listening to it... lj1 

16 minutes ago, Americunt said:

Fair play. I think you just have to consider that Katy is first and foremost a pop artist who relies heavily on singles. Chained to the Rhythm does sound like more of the same in a lot of ways, but if she's capable of something like Witness, then maybe her album (outside the singles) will be a little more experimental.

That is true, I hope so because it's a little embarrassing for such a major act how bad her albums have progressively gotten since One of the Boys. It's not a Gaga level drop in quality but at least she had TFM, OOTB is just alright. I think Katy is the only one who doesn't have one great overall album. 

18 minutes ago, #1 said:

Bye.

Many songs get interesting after the 1st minute, like the beat builds up, then the bridge comes on with a breakdown, and the song changes drastically.... 

NOW it is a different story if you're talking from the hater point of view, because they will hate it before even listening to it... lj1 

I'll keep my expectations low 

It may have only been a minute preview, but any excitement and anticipation I had has quickly turned to disappointment. We'll see if she turns it around come Friday, but I'm annoyed that she thinks she can't release something less generic and still get a hit.

1 minute ago, KILLS said:

It may have only been a minute preview, but any excitement and anticipation I had has quickly turned to disappointment. We'll see if she turns it around come Friday, but I'm annoyed that she thinks she can't release something less generic and still get a hit.

this

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's plenty of edgy, cool, fun, dark, etc pop music that gets critical acclaim all around. i.e. Art Angels, Froot, Pure Heroine, Queen Of The Clouds.. and these are all artists who are in it for th

Witness was kinda different for her if you haven't heard that.

Y'all need to stop basing your opinions on a song by literally a 30 second LQ snippet. It's her LEAD single her lead is ALWAYS the poppiest... Look @ IKAG, Cali Girls, and ROAR...    ROAR do

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.