Russian Roulette

Is Katy Perry a one trick pony, or just afraid to flop?

9 hours ago, Russian Roulette said:

it's not that bad, but nothing new from her and the snippet sounds like the same stuff she's been releasing for years

I like her either way, i don't want her to take risks, gaga takes risks but me and many of her fans don't like her recent "risks", same goes to rihanna, no one liked her risks (AO, BBHMM, etc.. all flopped) BUT when she released a basic single like "Work", with the same 2010- WMN formula (catchy beat, nonsense words, drake feature) you all jumped on board and made it a #1........ so... not everything has to be risky, and you all really proved you do not support risk takers, so goodbye.... you are never satisfied.

I don't remember her saying that she's going to change her look drastically? rih1 Also why are we expecting every pop girl to wear pretentious shit to be #edgy, that outfit fits her well. 

What do y'all expect!!!!! The 80s inspired minimalistic photo shoots are literally the biggest aesthetic right now. This is AUTHENTICALLY Katy. She's always loved quirky things she's not just doing it for the hell of it... She's obviously done darker aesthetics... what do y'all expect??? She's literally done goth looks and your still coming for her image. She's not going to come out with an era looking like this I am sorry

dffd0e59bdbee0a5b08c64abf3d479e8.jpg

also not sure if the Grammys comment was serious but yikes!!! 

If y'all want a dark era so badly go listen to Katy's pre-OOTB stuff

I don't care whether she wants to go dark or not, but the only thing making this different to what she's been doing for the last 7 years is that it's got an extra hint of unoriginality. As flavourless as some of her Prism stuff might have been, at least it wasn't completely middle of the road and managed to stand out a tiny bit. After an exciting start I'm beginning to lose hope again.

She doesn't have to change a thing. She's not Madonna, whose entire shtick is reinvention, nor Gaga who talks about constantly evolving, nor Xtina who has proven herself to be constantly ever-changing. Why do we all expect all pop girls to do a 360 evolution...? That wasn't even a thing prior to Madge. jj4 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't remember her saying that she's going to change her look drastically? Also why are we expecting every pop girl to wear pretentious shit to be #edgy, that outfit fits her well. 

I like her either way, i don't want her to take risks, gaga takes risks but me and many of her fans don't like her recent "risks", same goes to rihanna, no one liked her risks (AO, BBHMM, etc.. all fl

What do y'all expect!!!!! The 80s inspired minimalistic photo shoots are literally the biggest aesthetic right now. This is AUTHENTICALLY Katy. She's always loved quirky things she's not just doing it

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.