Simón.

Imminent terror plot prevented in Göttingen

"The Lower Saxon interior ministry said on Thursday that one of the men was a 27-year-old from Algeria, while the other was 23 and from Nigeria.

Police would not comment on the exact alleged plans by the two suspects, but they had reportedly been long active in the Islamist scene. Both had lived for years with their families in Göttingen. Police also said that the alleged plot was not exclusively related to Göttingen.

Around 450 police officers were deployed in raids to search 11 buildings around Göttingen and one house in northern Hesse late on Wednesday night. The two were then arrested during the raids.

Göttingen’s police chief Uwe Lührig said that they had gained knowledge of a possible concrete and imminent attack in the past few days, and therefore a quick police operation was necessary.

“We had, in my assessment, absolutely no other option,” Lührig said.  

Police said later in the afternoon that the two suspects could have enacted the attack at any time.

The raids discovered reconstructed weapons with large amounts of ammunition, and police called the risk of danger "undisputed"."

https://www.thelocal.de/20170209/two-arrested-in-gttingen-suspected-of-planning-concrete-terror-plot

This shit is scary. Thank God police could prevent it. Tbh Police should supervise any radical islamist

51 minutes ago, Scarlett O'Hara said:

What is happening to Germany wat2

Too many immigrants and not enough checks?

It worries me that it's happening in places I've never heard of, now. I mean, you almost expect it in places like New York, London, Paris, Madrid, Brussels... not Gottingen??

On 9.2.2017 at 10:49 PM, Dash My Wig said:

Too many immigrants and not enough checks?

It worries me that it's happening in places I've never heard of, now. I mean, you almost expect it in places like New York, London, Paris, Madrid, Brussels... not Gottingen??

It's not sure if they planned an attack in Göttingen. The Berlin terrorist also lived in Northrhine-Westphalia. 

But tbh it wouldn't surprise if they hit cities like Göttingen because those are students cities