Hermione

White people are cancelling their Netflix subscriptions because of new show "Dear White People"

Well in America the privileged group of people are white. The system has always and continues to be in their favor, idk what this show is gonna make arguements for but I'm guessing there's no "Dear Black People" because they don't need a show to let them know that they still suffer the consequences of a racist system. 

14 minutes ago, Russian Roulette said:

how would blacks feel if there was a show ''Dear Black People'' um2 

they literally asked that question in the show jj1

I really doubt this show is actually racist, im gonna watch for sure, if it will be tho i think its not okay, racism is wrong every way and recently it feels its okay to be racist as long its toward white people, i mean whole race cant be responsible for sins of a few, and also every race has racist memebers so no one is "better" in this xtina11

the name of the show is obv a click bait and was made to go viral, it might backfire a little but its fucking netfilx its not like they are gonna be hurt in any way cos of this dead2

and deleting account only beacuse 30 sec trailer triggered you is fucking retarded dead2

4 minutes ago, Nuclear Chicken said:

wasnt it the director that tweeted something like "fuck white people" right after the trailer was released, with an attachment to that thing that showed the percentages of races and genders that voted for trump? That caused some stir as well.

I'll try to find it.

no it was cowriter thats apparently not even mentioned in credits eve1

Suddenly I want to reactivate my subscription giphy.gif

Minorities addressing the pervasive racism that effects their everyday lives, in the context of a satirical comedy/social commentary, sure makes people seem rather thin-skinned to be cancelling their subscription over.

Just now, Kali said:

Suddenly I want to reactivate my subscription giphy.gif

Minorities addressing the pervasive racism that effects their everyday lives, in the context of a satirical comedy/social commentary, sure makes people seem rather thin-skinned to be cancelling their subscription over.

The queen has arrived! gaga13

Thank you for coming in here and making me feel a little better because some of these replies... um3

4 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

The queen has arrived! gaga13

Thank you for coming in here and making me feel a little better because some of these replies... um3

I'm just watching the trailer like, OK ya'll they want you to stop touching their hair, fetishizing their race and wearing blackface. Can you manage all that? orly1

Just now, Kali said:

I'm just watching the trailer like, OK ya'll they want you to stop touching their hair, fetishizing their race and wearing blackface. Can you manage that? orly1

I can't at the dislike bar...I don't understand what's so offensive about saying that blackface is wrong. If you get pressed by that, you have no right to call anyone else a special snowflake because that is some fine china level fragility. rip3

I'm excited to watch it tbh! Anything that challenges the privileged and ignorant has got my attention. As a Mexican US Born Citizen, I don't appreciate seeing people on Halloween or Cinco de Mayo (A holiday that isn't even celebrated in Mexico) in Mexican Ponchos and mustaches thinking that's what makes a Mexican, Mexican. Bravo to people being bold enough to stand up for their culture and not letting others wear it as a costume.