Hylia

Adele BROKE Her Grammy In Half to Share It With Beyoncé

Okay no offense but the trophy you get on stage is a prop and you get the real one shipped to you months later with your name and everything so this was just for show. We'll see what happens in a few months. 

AqrebQ.gif

This has caused so much shit on twitter that I don't know how to feel anymore. I love Adele, I think she's incredible and an amazing woman - but I also love Lemonade and think it deserved one of the big three awards. The breaking the plastic Grammy is really an empty gesture. "Take this bit of plastic, it's closest you're getting to an Album Of The Year grammy xoxo, Adele".

2 minutes ago, Hooker Barbie said:

This has caused so much shit on twitter that I don't know how to feel anymore. I love Adele, I think she's incredible and an amazing woman - but I also love Lemonade and think it deserved one of the big three awards. The breaking the plastic Grammy is really an empty gesture. "Take this bit of plastic, it's closest you're getting to an Album Of The Year grammy xoxo, Adele".

What else is she supposed to do though? She already acknowledged that Lemonade was HER album of the year, acknowledged how important it is to black people, and acknowledged that Beyonce deserves AOTY. Like what else do you want her to do?

1 minute ago, Anna-wa said:

What else is she supposed to do though? She already acknowledged that Lemonade was HER album of the year, acknowledged how important it is to black people, and acknowledged that Beyonce deserves AOTY. Like what else do you want her to do?

Her words were much stronger than the action of breaking a plastic Grammy. It just felt wholly unnecessary after her impassioned speech.

Just now, Hooker Barbie said:

Her words were much stronger than the action of breaking a plastic Grammy. It just felt wholly unnecessary after her impassioned speech.

I think you're reading too much into it; she was being nice and honest in both the speech and the breaking of the Grammy. I don't see how the second thing diminishes the first thing.

I love Adele and what she said and what she did, but I really feel like I would have just given the damn thing to Beyonce. Lol. She said "I can't accept this award" then went to the photo booth and got photographed with them all. Which is fine, but I felt like it called her remarks into question a lil bit. Feeling the way she did, I was half expecting her to walk down and actually give it to Bey. Not that she was required to, it just felt like the natural result to interpreting her words for what they were rather than being skeptical and assuming they were just an empty gesture.

Posted from my iPhone using the FOTP app

38 minutes ago, Satori said:

I love Adele and what she said and what she did, but I really feel like I would have just given the damn thing to Beyonce. Lol. She said "I can't accept this award" then went to the photo booth and got photographed with them all. Which is fine, but I felt like it called her remarks into question a lil bit. Feeling the way she did, I was half expecting her to walk down and actually give it to Bey. Not that she was required to, it just felt like the natural result to interpreting her words for what they were rather than being skeptical and assuming they were just an empty gesture.

Does it have her name on it? Because if so I can understand why she would just give the top and keep the bottom. Kind of like if someone graduated and felt like one of their held-back classmates deserved to be up there with them because they worked hard so they give them their diploma but like, that diploma has Person A's name on it not Person B's. (I know this comparison is a reach because diplomas are different than awards but you get my drift - if it had her name on it I can understand why she kept it.)

Does it have her name on it? Because if so I can understand why she would just give the top and keep the bottom. Kind of like if someone graduated and felt like one of their held-back classmates deserved to be up there with them because they worked hard so they give them their diploma but like, that diploma has Person A's name on it not Person B's. (I know this comparison is a reach because diplomas are different than awards but you get my drift - if it had her name on it I can understand why she kept it.)

Well I wondered about that too, but if she gave it to her it's not like her name being on it would detract from the gesture, would it? And the Grammys give them "real ones" later too, right? That way they could both have one lol.

But seriously I wasn't trying to fault Adele. As hard as it was for Beyoncé not to win, it was a pleasure to watch because they both were such gracious ladies about it. The affection between them was very touching.