Americunt

The Unreleased Megarate: Finals (Round #1)

la-et-mn-lana-del-rey-big-eyes-20150104

Welcome back to the Unreleased Megarate! If you're just joining us, I'd like to formally thank you for submitting to this labor of love. If you've submitted to one of the earlier parts: hey bitch, welcome back to the dream-crusher! Either way, everyone needs to learn a new set of rules for this rate, so sit down and get comfortable!

This rate will consist of 3 rounds of ranking. The first two rounds consist of a far more simplified ranking system, in which I will ask you to rate half of the songs presented as "+" and the other half as "-". For example, in the first round, I want you to put your favorite twenty tracks in the "+" category and your least favorite twenty tracks in the "-" category. After each round, we'll have an awards ceremony, in which the songs that were most often put in each category are revealed. After the first round, 20 tracks will be eliminated from contention for the title. In the next round, 10 tracks will be eliminated.

After that, we'll move into a different form of ranking, in which I'll ask you to rank the final 10 tracks in order from your least favorite to most favorite in an ordered list. The methodology for calculating this ranking's weight will be revealed at the end of the rate, in order to ensure fairness. Now, for some ground rules for Round #1.

1. Rank every song as a "+" or a "-", ensuring that at the end of your ballot, you have 20 ranked as "+" and 20 ranked as "-". Ballots with songs unranked or more than 20 in one category will not be counted.
2. You may include commentary with each song and it is recommended that you do. For the first round, I recommend only a few words per song, no more than a sentence at most. For later rounds, I will accept (and recommend) paragraphs.
3. Complete this ballot and PM it to me by Tuesday, February 28th, 2017. Ballots received after that date will not be counted in the first round. Time is of the essence and there's a lot to do, so don't put it off!
4. The first round awards will likely be held on Saturday, March 4th, 2017. This is not set in stone and I am fully willing to compromise on that date.

BBM Baby
Back To Tha Basics
Be My Daddy
Behind Closed Doors
Butterflies, Pt. 2
Children of The Bad Revolution
Dangerous Girl
Driving In Cars With Boys
Every Man Gets His Wish
Fine China
Go Go Dancer
Hawaiian Tropic
Hit and Run
Hollywood
Hollywood's Dead
Hundred Dollar Bill
Is It Wrong?
JFK
Jealous Girl
Kinda Outta Luck
Live or Die
Marilyn Monroe
Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight
Resistance
Never Let Me Go
Paradise
Prom Song (Gone Wrong)
Queen of Disaster
Ridin' (My Bitch) feat. A$AP Rocky
Serial Killer
St. Tropez
Television Heaven
Tired of Singing The Blues
TV In Black & White
Us Against The World
Velvet Crowbar
Wayamaya
You & Me
You Can Be The Boss

5 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

this is still literally fucking impossible even with this new system implemented jj4dead2 

That's why I gave a two week deadline. jj2

Make some kind of model if you're stuck creatively. A bunch of slips of paper with the titles on them would work fine. It helps to look at pairs of songs individually and decide which you like better of the pair.

3 minutes ago, Americunt said:

That's why I gave a two week deadline. jj2

Make some kind of model if you're stuck creatively. A bunch of slips of paper with the titles on them would work fine. It helps to look at pairs of songs individually and decide which you like better of the pair.

I've filtered out 12 songs that I'm definitely gonna be giving my negatives to, so that's a good start! lord if someone rigs this I will fucking latest?cb=20110418190551jj2

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

Oh my. This is going to be extremely difficult.. jj4 

Result day is going to be a MESS

I expect lots of meltdowns! Let's have another proper mess in this section, like we haven't had since the first couple parts! jj2 

Just now, Hunty Bear said:

I've filtered out 12 songs that I'm definitely gonna be giving my negatives to, so that's a good start! lord if someone rigs this I will fucking latest?cb=20110418190551jj2

A solid start! Good luck with the rest! jj2 

3 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

I have my ranking done but idk if I'll have time to do any commentary for any of the songs. Can I just send the ranking and if I have time to do the commentary just send that later?

Yeah, feel free. I'm not collecting commentary until all the votes are in anyway. jj2 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'M SCREAMING @Radio @Tampon @Mystique <- you guys can all choke! don't even recall if I gave it a plus or a minus but @God came through and put y'all in your place! alhamdullilah

omg you all are trash lowkey knew this would be happen considering the disgusting influx of tasteless people in this section (read as Honeymoon stans) but anyways fine china will NOT pass the next rou

Driving In Cars With Boys is the only track to receive a straight ballot of pluses!  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.