Mingyu.

Tituss gets in Formation

14 hours ago, Jony said:

Yas finally ahs1 I hate Netflix for their yearly release schedule, they should do two seasons each year cause the wait is annoying as fuck fuck offfffebfiuseuwifbaweziofseoirvioserofoinsedc jj2 

IKR!! 1 year is sooo long! And with some series they'd have plenty of time to make 2 seasons in 1 year. For example, House of Cards 'only' has 13 episodes per season. They could easily double the numbers. lol1 

1 hour ago, Kaulitz. said:

IKR!! 1 year is sooo long! And with some series they'd have plenty of time to make 2 seasons in 1 year. For example, House of Cards 'only' has 13 episodes per season. They could easily double the numbers. lol1 

Not without lowering the quality of the final product. The more episodes you make the more filler you have to include to meet an episode quota.

56 minutes ago, Lord Stoneheart said:

Not without lowering the quality of the final product. The more episodes you make the more filler you have to include to meet an episode quota.

I was afraid someone was gonna bring that up. But that doesn't always necessarily have to be the case. My favorite tv shows that already 'retired' from a couple of years ago used to have about 22 episodes per season. And it wasn't like the quality was a hit or miss then. 

1 minute ago, Kaulitz. said:

I was afraid someone was gonna bring that up. But that doesn't always necessarily have to be the case. My favorite tv shows that already 'retired' from a couple of years ago used to have about 22 episodes per season. And it wasn't like the quality was a hit or miss then. 

I'm not saying the extra episodes are bad but they're filler. Episodes where nothing happens that affects the overall arc of the season. Sure it's easier to have a sitcom with 20 episodes a season where quality is mantained (I mean look at Friends or for a more recent example Modern Family) but for a drama series like House of Cards that'd be impossible.

Look at Vikings for example, the first 3 seasons are solid but for season 4 the network doubled up the ammount of episodes and the dip in quality is real. Season 4A was a snoozefest non event and season 4B looks like a Game of Thrones parody full of shocking and nonsensical plot points where characters "shockingly" die.

I think it'd be possible to double up the ammount of UKS episodes without a dip in quality but the other original Netflix dramas are good because they're limited and constrained to a ~10 episodes arc. If you tried to extend the seasonal arc for 10 more episodes you'd have to include lots of filler to reach the quota. The same goes to shows like Homeland or The Americans and even to Game of Thrones with its awful writing and pacing for the past 3 seasons.

6 minutes ago, Lord Stoneheart said:

I'm not saying the extra episodes are bad but they're filler. Episodes where nothing happens that affects the overall arc of the season. Sure it's easier to have a sitcom with 20 episodes a season where quality is mantained (I mean look at Friends or for a more recent example Modern Family) but for a drama series like House of Cards that'd be impossible.

Look at Vikings for example, the first 3 seasons are solid but for season 4 the network doubled up the ammount of episodes and the dip in quality is real. Season 4A was a snoozefest non event and season 4B looks like a Game of Thrones parody full of shocking and nonsensical plot points where characters "shockingly" die.

I think it'd be possible to double up the ammount of UKS episodes without a dip in quality but the other original Netflix dramas are good because they're limited and constrained to a ~10 episodes arc. If you tried to extend the seasonal arc for 10 more episodes you'd have to include lots of filler to reach the quota. The same goes to shows like Homeland or The Americans and even to Game of Thrones with its awful writing and pacing for the past 3 seasons.

Ew, I'm not a big fan of sitcoms at all, so don't quote me on that. I said 2 seasons per year. So one season could still be ~10 episodes. Like for instance the Walking Dead tactic on that is amazing imo! Having a midseason finale and then returning after a quarter of a year.