Jony

PewDiePie responds

2 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

I educated myself on both sides and I still don't think it's funny to say "death to all Jews" no matter what context it's in. Sorry! shrug1

A joke does not automatically make someone a bigot though. Whether you approve of the joke or not is irrelevant. People are painting Felix as a bigot because they disagreed with a joke that had no harmful motive behind it. That is unfair.

1 hour ago, Sheezus said:

A joke does not automatically make someone a bigot though. Whether you approve of the joke or not is irrelevant. People are painting Felix as a bigot because they disagreed with a joke that had no harmful motive behind it. That is unfair.

how would you feel If he wrote Death to all Gays instead of Jews ? um1 Would you still defend him ? 

2 hours ago, Sheezus said:

Joking about one of the biggest genocide in human history is not good. And the genocide was basically yesterday. There are still Holocaust survivors living today. Even if they weren't it's highly offensive towards the whole Jewish community when we are living in a world with rising anti-semitism.

47 minutes ago, Justin Bieber said:

Joking about one of the biggest genocide in human history is not good. And the genocide was basically yesterday. There are still Holocaust survivors living today. Even if they weren't it's highly offensive towards the whole Jewish community when we are living in a world with rising anti-semitism.

I have no words honestly, people didn't learn anything. I can't believe this is happening again.

4 hours ago, Sheezus said:

The joke was completely awful and wrong especially when his audience is mostly a bunch of impressionable 13 year olds, but at the same time the media rushed to paint him as a bigoted racist whose channel is promoting neo-nazism or whatever by taking multiple things out of context just to prove their point. I doubt his intentions were bad, he probably just wanted to be edgy and provocative to kids jj4  He shouldn't have made that joke imo but also the media shouldn't jump to conclusions. 

22 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

how would you feel If he wrote Death to all Gays instead of Jews ? um1 Would you still defend him ? 

It depends on the context and if I knew it was coming from a hateful place or not.

21 hours ago, Justin Bieber said:

I personally think there is a time and a place to joke about anything and that people are overly sensitive.

19 hours ago, Jony said:

The joke was completely awful and wrong especially when his audience is mostly a bunch of impressionable 13 year olds, but at the same time the media rushed to paint him as a bigoted racist whose channel is promoting neo-nazism or whatever by taking multiple things out of context just to prove their point. I doubt his intentions were bad, he probably just wanted to be edgy and provocative to kids jj4  He shouldn't have made that joke imo but also the media shouldn't jump to conclusions. 

I feel very similar.

7 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

It depends on the context and if I knew was coming from a hateful place or not.

I personally think there is a time and a place to joke about anything and that people are overly sensitive.

I feel very similar.

I'I sure my grandparents would laugh about jokes about their killed siblings and parents. And laugh about to be reminded that they almost get killed as well. Haha :) 

9 hours ago, Justin Bieber said:

I'I sure my grandparents would laugh about jokes about their killed siblings and parents. And laugh about to be reminded that they almost get killed as well. Haha :) 

It's about context. If everyone thought like you, we'd have to shut down many light hearted jokes all the time. 

20 minutes ago, Sheezus said:

It's about context. If everyone thought like you, we'd have to shut down around many light hearted jokes all the time. 

hahah yes :) It's so funny to call about the death of a whole group of people :) haha I can't stop laughing :) stupid jews haha getting offended so fast haha :) should be all dead haha (its so joke haha so funny) :) 

9 hours ago, Justin Bieber said:

hahah yes :) It's so funny to call about the death of a whole group of people :) haha I can't stop laughing :) stupid jews haha getting offended so fast haha :) should be all dead haha (its so joke haha so funny) :) 

It doesn't matter what you think personally. Making a joke is different from saying the actual event was funny. People can make jokes. They will offend some people. So what? A joke also isn't inherently a statement in agreement with wrong doings. Grow up. Just because YOU don't find it funny, doesn't mean people can't make jokes.