RepuTAYtion

Who's the Next Fave?

Ok fellow FOTPers lets be honest.. our current roster of faves are in decline.  Let's run through the facts:

1) Katy Perry - I didn't think CTTR would do this poorly, but I guess Rise was an indicator.  I do think it will be a Top 10 hit, and that she will have other tops 10's this era, but I think she won't sell nearly as many albums and the era will end fairly quickly after another successful single or two.  

2)  Lady Gaga - I don't think I need to elaborate jj5

3) Taylor Swift - 1989 was massively successful, but the backlash from her overexposure was insane this era - I don't see her coming back as strongly as she did with 1989, especially if she still keeps her music off of Spotify.  She has been completely gone from the public eye for MONTHS and still generates negative headlines.  

4) Rihanna - Rihanna will continue to do well on par with Anti rav3

So the question is, who's next?  Why hasn't some other female poptart taken advantage of this and risen to the top?  I thought it would be Ariana but she seems to just stay on the B-list.  

Are we going to have to settle for Selena?  I do bop to Revival tbh, and her single with Kygo is doing just as well or better then Katy's new single.  rav3

I'm honestly curious, who's next?  Is she already out there?  Are we entering an era where there aren't any dominating female superstars to stan? cry9

EDIT: I think it might be Camilla Cabello anna1 Bad Things was Top 5, and Billboard is making her out to be the next big thing

seems like the GP is more attracted to the smaller, blander singers that provide them with the basic songs they want without the rest of the package.

I feel like the age of big pop stars has kind of died down a bit. The only one I can really say still kinda fits that bill is Taylor (and everyone hates her now so.) Rihanna doesn't count, she may have history but only her really basic songs chart. 

5 minutes ago, Nuclear Chicken said:

seems like the GP is more attracted to the smaller, blander singers that provide them with the basic songs they want without the rest of the package.

I feel like the age of big pop stars has kind of died down a bit. The only one I can really say still kinda fits that bill is Taylor (and everyone hates her now so.) Rihanna doesn't count, she may have history but only her really basic songs chart. 

Yeah Taylor is still at that level, but at this point the media is saying even Tom Hiddleston's career was hurt by dating her so.. 

It just seems like there are no pop-culture dominating pop stars atm cry9 

It's Camila. The GP's views towards her started off rough but lately she's been handling herself so well and people's views on her (not just bitter stans on forums)  are becoming very positive. She has somewhat of a stage presence, a decent voice, and a strong fan base (especially latino support) that will only grow after her Pitbull J. Balvin song comes out. Plus her song "Love Incredible" is a bop (except for the tragic ending).

Also, Dua Lipa is a dark horse who despite all the hate on this forum (thanks to a certain someone) is slaying in Europe and probably soon here in America with Scared To Be Lonely which is already smashing on streaming and just hit radio.

Ariana has a shot at solidifying herself as a main pop girl if her next lead single smashes. 

Selena had her shot but will still have moderate success.

Every other girl has no shot IMO. 

3 hours ago, Michael. said:

I think the new huge pop girls are coming. We are in the Gwen/Fergie/Nelly era right now with all these new girls like Zara/Bebe/Ellie...

I kinda see potential in Zara but I don't know...

If Zara keeps releasing trash like So Good she will waste all her potential tbh

3 hours ago, TattooedHeart said:

Ariana's doing pretty well considering we're in an era dominated by no1curr lazy one hit wonder rappers and the #selfie guys

Your sig currently has the person who needs to be the next fave in my #completelyunbiased opinion

musicbar.php?name=thinkinghatesme&colour

Edit: It was Kehlani by the way.

Edited by Anna-wa
So future people looking at this post understand
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pop dominating stars are over. The market just isn't here for them anymore   People only want lifeless bops they can listen to for a few months. It's just how it is.  

It's Camila. The GP's views towards her started off rough but lately she's been handling herself so well and people's views on her (not just bitter stans on forums)  are becoming very positive. She ha

Erika Jayne is coming.

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.