Simón.

Is Gaga the biggest hypocrite in the industry?

No hate I love gaga, but

isn't she a bit of a hypocrite. Working with R.Kelly and Terry Richardson and then trying to get an oscar with a song against rape? 

I mean maybe I know Gaga to well and don't know other pop girls that well ,but somehow it bothers and disgusts me that she worked with both of them AND then sings a song against Rape. Like it doesn't make sense to me and I think she might be just to naive but she really needs to check with whom she works with if she wants to stay true to her message.

3 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

One hypocrite moment doesn't make you the biggest hypocrite in the industry dead4

1 minute ago, #1 said:

You do have a point, but to say she is the biggest hypocrite in the music industry is an exaggeration. 

i live for the drama

Not the only thing she's hypocritical about bey4

But yeah, that one was a pisser lol2 Especially because she was so passionate stating that no one should ever doubt a woman confessing a rape experience, not even in court. And yet she ignored all those models coming out against Terry, and didn't say a word about the women who told those stories about Hillary pressuring them into silence after being abused by Bill while she did retweet bs about those women supposedly abused by Trump ayumi1

The biggest hypocrisy though was when she tried to score on tv blasting Russia for its horrible human rights record, saying everyone should boycott the Olympics there and then accepting a million dollars for a (cover) performance at the European Games in Azerbaijan, a country notorious for... a horrible human rights record, incl. anti-LGBT+ measures ahs1 You can't write that shit.

She just runs with whatever costume of the status quo morality is in fashion. Everyone was blasting Russia and the Olympics, so lemme do that too, I'll look rebellious and brave! Only a few human rights organizations (ignored by media) are blasting Azerbaijn and the European Games, so lemme just get my money this time, no one will notice bey6 Queen of kindness.

Well R.Kelly and Terry Richardson aren't rapists though, unless proven under the law - which they weren't. Not advocating for their behavior, but that's literally the case where the evidence provided for R.Kelly didn't amount to anything. 

Do I believe they are disgusting? Yes

Every major female in this industry has worked with Terry - including Rihanna, Beyonce, and Taylor - all feminists in their own rights. dead4 

Rihanna still worked with Chris Brown after he beat the shit out of her. Does that mean she condones violence? No

Nicki worked with Eminem even though he's a known homophobe. Does that mean she condones homophobia? No

Her alter ego is also based on a rapist eve1 

We could go for days with examples but that's legitimately the music industry. She learned from her mistake and moved on, just as Katy dropped Luke. The single was essentially cancelled and rebranded featuring Xtinct and we never heard about it again.

It's not like she did TIHTY and then Do What U Want - it was literally the opposite dead4 

I'm sure she was giving R.Kelly a chance to tell his side of story since this ruined his career, because all we really know is from what the media tells us. or maybe she's just clueless and didn't actually know about his personal life. All I know is that it was a mistake and I'm glad she's made up for it.

Ya'll keep forgetting that TIHTY wasn't about the Oscar. She went to college campuses and spoke with victims of sexual assault along with the Vice President and Governor of NY.

24 minutes ago, Infrared said:

Ya'll keep forgetting that TIHTY wasn't about the Oscar. She went to college campuses and spoke with victims of sexual assault along with the Vice President and Governor of NY.

Well, we also know that Diane was THIRSTY for that Oscar and was already hyping Gaga's next Oscar performance right after Gaga performed the Sound of Music tribute, a year before ayumi1 She planned the whole thing. She clearly wanted that Oscar with that song, and using Gaga('s story) as skyrocketing promo seems more like a business move to me than a personally motivated decision. Like Gaga said herself, the song was pretty much 100% done before she came in, and Diane still dragged her along every single (and there were many) promo opportunity for that film she had nothing to do with, with Gaga taking over the whole thing, interrupting other speakers and just spouting random vague "you should never doubt people who say they're raped!!" philosophies bey5 It felt very suspicious. It really seemed to me like she was only involved in the project (and the song) to create buzz.

And then doing that whole pre-Oscars promo run after the song had already been out for months, releasing dance remixes for it, performing that song in a private pre-luncheon meeting with the Oscars committee I mean omg ari1 The whole thing was a greedy mess, the only good thing to come out of that whole disaster was the music video, and even there we had to be reminded of the insincerity of the project with the "A portion of the proceeds" disclaimer ahs1 My goodness.

Not to mention that the whole thing came at the exact right convenient time for Gaga, who was trying her very best to appear human and tortured after her pop persona failed to capture the public, like how she went to Ellen to just talk about her boyfriend and, later, say that all her costumes were not really her and she felt most happy looking normal, also in 2015 right before the rape promo tour bey4 I'm not saying she 100% lied about being abused or that there wasn't a kernel of sincerity, but the way she married her personal story to personal and commercial gain was very ugly.

20 minutes ago, Infrared said:

Well R.Kelly and Terry Richardson aren't rapists though, unless proven under the law - which they weren't. Not advocating for their behavior, but that's literally the case where the evidence provided for R.Kelly didn't amount to anything. 

That's literally the most "manly" argument one can say.  People said he pressured them to sex is rape. Wether law is saying yes or no. 

Just now, Scarlett O'Hara said:

Katy is worse

I've already said this before on here, but it's funny how Katy wants to capitalize on being "woke" all of a sudden despite so many conflicting things she's said before and even after the fact. rip2

6 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

I've already said this before on here, but it's funny how Katy wants to capitalize on being "woke" all of a sudden despite so many conflicting things she's said before and even after the fact. rip2

Well, in the minds of those embarrassing celeb lefties being anti-Trump is the same as being "woke" brit12 No other moral actions required.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, we also know that Diane was THIRSTY for that Oscar and was already hyping Gaga's next Oscar performance right after Gaga performed the Sound of Music tribute, a year before She planned the whol

Well R.Kelly and Terry Richardson aren't rapists though, unless proven under the law - which they weren't. Not advocating for their behavior, but that's literally the case where the evidence provided

i live for the drama

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.