Simón.

Is Gaga the biggest hypocrite in the industry?

Just now, Earth Ripper said:

Well, in the minds of those embarrassing celeb lefties being anti-Trump is the same as being "woke" brit12 No other moral actions required.

And some people can't even do the bare minimum and come out for that! tay2

29 minutes ago, Earth Ripper said:

Well, we also know that Diane was THIRSTY for that Oscar and was already hyping Gaga's next Oscar performance right after Gaga performed the Sound of Music tribute, a year before ayumi1 She planned the whole thing. She clearly wanted that Oscar with that song, and using Gaga('s story) as skyrocketing promo seems more like a business move to me than a personally motivated decision. Like Gaga said herself, the song was pretty much 100% done before she came in, and Diane still dragged her along every single (and there were many) promo opportunity for that film she had nothing to do with, with Gaga taking over the whole thing, interrupting other speakers and just spouting random vague "you should never doubt people who say they're raped!!" philosophies bey5 It felt very suspicious. It really seemed to me like she was only involved in the project (and the song) to create buzz.

And then doing that whole pre-Oscars promo run after the song had already been out for months, releasing dance remixes for it, performing that song in a private pre-luncheon meeting with the Oscars committee I mean omg ari1 The whole thing was a greedy mess, the only good thing to come out of that whole disaster was the music video, and even there we had to be reminded of the insincerity of the project with the "A portion of the proceeds" disclaimer ahs1 My goodness.

Not to mention that the whole thing came at the exact right convenient time for Gaga, who was trying her very best to appear human and tortured after her pop persona failed to capture the public, like how she went to Ellen to just talk about her boyfriend and, later, say that all her costumes were not really her and she felt most happy looking normal, also in 2015 right before the rape promo tour bey4 I'm not saying she 100% lied about being abused or that there wasn't a kernel of sincerity, but the way she married her personal story to personal and commercial gain was very ugly.

Well sorry, I meant not ONLY about the Oscar. Obviously when the music industry is tied into it, it takes away from the message.  There's nothing wrong with giving a portion of the percentage as many organizations, celebrities, and outreach programs do that. To shame someone for raising any amount of money is just unnecessary.  

Gaga gave may not have entirely written the song, but she did give it a voice and allow the song to resonate with old and new fans. I don't get where someone has to right a song for it to be more impactful nicki1  Yes, it would've been more emotional if she did, but the outcome is still the same regardless. 

Regardless, I know Gaga is a hypocrite but literally everyone alive is. 

and she's been talking about rape since Marry The Night, even before ARTPOP so that last part is irrelevant nicki1 

3 minutes ago, Infrared said:

and she's been talking about rape since Marry The Night, even before ARTPOP so that last part is irrelevant nicki1 

In an artform lol not to victimize herself to be more popular bey5

Anyway, yes, everyone is a hypocrite, absolutely. Some people just need to be knocked down as hypocrites more because they are publicly regarded as being examples of moral superiority compared to the rest brit12 Like Gaga. I have nothing against her personally, just her reputation.

But no, when it comes to charity, it's 100% or nothing. Just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Tiny Little Bows said:

I'm shook at @Taylor upvoting this rip2

Queen of embracing their fave's flaws! wendy1

Well you definitely didn't lie wendy1

She only speaks up on issues that concern her or will benefit her in some way and then completely ignores other pressing issues that do not concern her wendy1

Just now, Taylor said:

Well you definitely didn't lie wendy1

She only speaks up on issues that concern her or will benefit her in some way and then completely ignores other pressing issues that do not concern her wendy1

Well I applaud you for looking at Tay through an objective lens rather than rose-tinted stan goggles like so many others wendy1

First of all, I still don't understand how y'all think DWUW is a rape song. First of all, it's a double entendre about fame, but if you're looking at it in a sexual way, it's literally about consenting for someone to do whatever they want to you. That's called sex between two consenting adultsdead2 And we can't judge the video off of a few clips. For all we know it could've been a statement ABOUT her assault (tho I will admit it looked really trashy)

Literally all the pop girls have worked Terry. Plus, when was the last time she even worked with him? She's said herself it took years for her to accept that the rape even actually happened. Maybe she was still in denial when she worked with him. We don't know her mindset at that time, or at the time she was making DWUW.

Gaga was messy with many of her statements. jj3 

Anyway, many faves have been hypocrites at some points. Madonna too. During her ROL/Music era she was like a new enlightened woman. Kabbalah wasn't a phase, she still practices it eve1 , but it was in some way because she was promoting it through her works at the time and later she abandoned it.  First she was saying how she won't repeat herself and perform certain songs, then later (during her mid-life crisis jj2 ) she does all those things she said she won't do. moo3

trash1 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, we also know that Diane was THIRSTY for that Oscar and was already hyping Gaga's next Oscar performance right after Gaga performed the Sound of Music tribute, a year before She planned the whol

Well R.Kelly and Terry Richardson aren't rapists though, unless proven under the law - which they weren't. Not advocating for their behavior, but that's literally the case where the evidence provided

i live for the drama

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.