Fat Ass Kelly Price

Man looking for "LOADS" denied entry into US

US_Customs_DX.jpg?itok=-qchwcWa

A Vancouver man was denied entry into the United States after a US Customs and Border Patrol officer read his profiles on the gay hookup app Scruff and the website BBRT.

The officer suspected the man was a sex worker because he found messages from the man saying he was “looking for loads,” and assumed it meant he was soliciting sex for cash.

While the misunderstanding might sound funny, it underscores the bitter reality that non-Americans have very few rights at the border, and that even suspicion of criminal behaviour can be used to deny non-Americans entry. 

André, a 30-year-old Vancouver set decorator who declined to give his full name for fear of retaliation from US Customs, describes the experience as “humiliating.”

André says he was planning to visit his boyfriend, who was working in New Orleans. But when he was going through Customs preclearance at Vancouver airport last October, he was selected for secondary inspection, where an officer took his phone, computer and other possessions, and demanded the passwords for his devices.

http://www.dailyxtra.com/canada/news-and-ideas/news/us-customs-block-canadian-man-reading-scruff-profile-215531

9 minutes ago, GlenCoco said:
  Hide contents

where an officer took his phone, computer and other possessions, and demanded the passwords for his devices.

is this even legal?

This.. 

Like I understand a secondary check but I didn't know they could demand passwords..

3 hours ago, GlenCoco said:
  Reveal hidden contents

where an officer took his phone, computer and other possessions, and demanded the passwords for his devices.

is this even legal?

I might be wrong, but I think this whole scrutiny of checking social networks and apps has become "a thing" just now under Trump's administration. It's not only vile, but also useless, I mean, if you were doing something illegal wouldn't you just be smart enough to wipe it off your phone before crossing? um2

6 hours ago, GlenCoco said:
  Hide contents

is this even legal?

Yes. They can search your "Belongings" and they consider phone, laptop to be included. They are looking for any reason to deny entry. 

Scrub your phone or take a second phone to the US when travelling there. 

6 hours ago, jacs vs looser said:

I might be wrong, but I think this whole scrutiny of checking social networks and apps has become "a thing" just now under Trump's administration. It's not only vile, but also useless, I mean, if you were doing something illegal wouldn't you just be smart enough to wipe it off your phone before crossing? um2

This happened in October before Trump was even elected. This is normal. If you are not American and you want to come in, good luck. You're immediately seen as a threat if you weren't born on this soil.... such stupidity broods here. 

On 2/22/2017 at 10:31 AM, GlenCoco said:

Friendly reminder if you are going to whore around the USA don't forget to temporally disable or delete your grindr/scruff/hornet/tinder while crossing the border

Thank god, i don't have a cell phone. You'd never see me on this App's ever.