Dreamsssss

Nelly Furtado on meeting Katy Perry pre-OOTB: "I saw the fire in her eyes[...]!"

Q: Madonna gave a speech at the Billboard Music Awards where she stated that she’s felt like a doormat in the music industry for 34 years. Could you relate to any of what she was saying?

A: All of the women in this business understand that. They’re fighting in a misogynist world. That’s why they wear some elements of their femininity and have to blend it in with masculinity…it’s a kind of protection. Somebody like Madonna is strong but soft. You have to be that way in this business. I remember when I met Katy Perry for the first time and this was before her first big album. Katy said, “You might not remember, but a few years ago, I waited outside for hours to meet you and somebody sweet let me come backstage.” I did remember meeting her and told her that. I saw the fire in her eyes back then! It was a room filled with people for a meet-and-greet but when we had a chance to chat, one of the things she said she already learned was that the music industry was totally a man’s world. Make no mistake: we’re all empowered, but we’re aware of what we’re fighting for. Madonna’s speech was completely honest.

full interview: http://www.macleans.ca/culture/arts/in-conversation-with-nelly-furtado-my-fruit-has-started-to-ripen/

7 hours ago, California boy said:

CTTR is doing good in Germany antm1

Yes! I'm so proud Germany gets its shit together again, finally. Could it be her next number one after Hot N Cold here? jj5 she needs to perform it ASAP here, so I can meet her jj5

3 hours ago, AGNTEA said:

Yes! I'm so proud Germany gets its shit together again, finally. Could it be her next number one after Hot N Cold here? jj5 she needs to perform it ASAP here, so I can meet her jj5

Let's hope so! CTTR is rising in many European countries rav3