Holly

Holly's rant about Dread Sheeran. Haven't been on FOTP forever, guess which fuccboi brought me back.

Yes, this is long, that's how I roll. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I was hoping he'd somehow flop and get a reality check. God, he's so arrogant. 

Here's hoping Taylor releases so he won't have best selling album of the year! Seriously, Taylor, please. We all know you're petty (love you but seriously), so hopefully the fact he's being all buddy buddy with Katy or something will make you wanna take him down a notch, he's also spreading stuff about your supposed album date, that's definitely not his place. Be petty? Please? Don't release early 2018 to do him a solid, come on. I mean, he wouldn't release intentionally the same year as you or Adele, but that's not because he wants to do you guys favours, it's because he knows for a goddamn fact that he's not in the league of you two, regardless of what he says in interviews. 

I can't believe he literally thinks he's basically the greatest musician right now because he sells lots of albums. Literally all that means nowadays is that you appeal to middle class white people/moms. Adele, Taylor, Michael Buble, Maroon 5 - album and single sales monsters, why? There's only really one demographic that reliably buys albums like clockwork anymore. And they're tapping right into it. Literally all of those (Taylor to a lesser extent) are artists that people will buy albums for their mothers for by the droves. 

Don't get me wrong, this isn't me saying they're bad artists, I effing love Taylor, but there's no denying that they're sales monsters largely because they tap into the mainstream "safe" suburban mother demographic. Adele's humble, as is Michael, Taylor at least switches things up and is aware at least that fame is fleeting, whereas Ed seems to think he's the best thing since sliced bread, to the point where he's having arrogant as fuck interviews and daring to insinuate that other artists are copying him, when he's hardcore copying Sia. Does he think he came up with trop pop? Just as he's releasing a trop pop single at the end of the trend's popularity? UGH. And the whole "the greatest" copying as well. Next thing you know, he'll brag about inventing the guitar and concept of "acoustic".

Maybe I'm salty because I HAD TO LISTEN TO THE ENTIRE ALBUM ON THE RADIO AT WORK IN ITS ENTIRETY BECAUSE FUCK RETAIL LMAO, RIGHT AFTER HAVING TO HEAR HIS TWO SINGLES ALWAYS PLAYED RIGHT AFTER ONE ANOTHER FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS, but seriously, there was nothing new on the album. It was classic Ed, classic "ohhhh I love you so muchhhhhh, you gotta love me back babbyyyyyyyy, I'm such a sweet down to earth guy awwwww". And some cringe as hell attempts at being super Irish. I'm not going to go too hard into his looks because that's trashy, but... on some level I can see the whole "he's been looked down on by women/people in general for a decent while in his life, now he's super popular and wants to get back at them, or now he's bedding lots of hot girls so he thinks he's now hot too magically or something" then manifesting into general arrogance, but it's not cute and he needs to stop. 

It's amazing - he manages to piss me off with his simpering fuckboy "omfg friendzoned wah, ur hot pls love me" antics, while also pissing me off with his "i'm the greatest, look at me, on GQ and getting all the girls" antics too. On some level he knows playing the wounded sentimental underdog in his songs gets him sympathy and people feed off of that, weird that he doesn't realise that his real life antics are truly showing what a "character" all that is. 

Don't even get me started about how fucking idiotic his "Don't" diss song was about Ellie. His lyrics condemn him for the fuckboy he is - "it was nothing serious, just a fling, but I fell in love and she didn't so her heart is so cold and she's evil and she wasn't faithful to me even though we weren't together and have no time to actually date omg she's the worst cry cry cry". Such a douchey thing to do, especially when it was super obvious who it was about. And of course it was a huge hit, because karma doesn't exist. 

Can we agree to cancel Ed? Please.

Yes I agree with all of this 100% clap3 He has been so full of himself lately, it's unreal. The fact that he thinks he's so amazing yet he's too scared to release in Q3/Q4 of the year, aka the biggest time for music of the year, speaks volumes. In fact, he released Q1 which is the SAFEST time for music releases. He's been talking an awfully large amount of shit for a person who's too shook to release during the big pop girls releases.

To be honest, a majority of the faves are cocky, we just hate when men do it for some reason. His album is nothing new that John Mayer hasn't done. Sounds like a cheap imitation of a Bridget Jones soundtrack or Leap Year. What's with all the cheap Scottish/Irish instruments rip3 

The difference with 1989 was that Taylor acknowledged it was basic pop - where he thinks he's serving Thriller level material ari1

3 minutes ago, Infrared said:

To be honest, a majority of the faves are cocky, we just hate when men do it for some reason. His album is nothing new that John Mayer hasn't done. Sounds like a cheap imitation of a Bridget Jones soundtrack or Leap Year. What's with all the cheap Scottish/Irish instruments rip3 

The difference with 1989 was that Taylor acknowledged it was basic pop - where he thinks he's serving Thriller level material ari1

I see where you're coming from with the gender discrepancy. It might be because it's cockiness pretty much straight out the gate - Rihanna's been in the game over a decade, her cockiness is her persona and she owns it unapologetically - yet it's a more personal self confidence, rather than needing to build herself up by tearing others down, like Ed does. With Ed, he's been around a few years, is basic AF, and acting like he's gonna do down in history as one of the greatest and he sets the standard for others to imitate - while also trying to pay the sympathetic underdog angle at the same time. Trying to think of other examples - I got mad at Sam Smith's arrogance (being too good for Radiohead 'cuz he did Spectre, dissing many pop artists as awful), but again, it was because he was extremely new, getting awards thrown at him like nobody's business, and it inflated his ego. A female example of this might be Iggy - hardly an exceptional artist, but got promoted out the ass and got so many undeserved awards, she was suddenly an industry "staple", and had the cockiness to match. 

I think people (GP) are way quicker to call male artists "kings" or whatever, I feel like female artists have to be around for a bit longer and prove themselves before they're regarded the same. Male artists also tend to kinda explode out of nowhere, and get crazy amounts of awards immediately - same thing happened with Mackelmore. At least Sam Smith and Mackelmore had the decency to disappear, LOL. And female artists get shat on easier - think of the multiple "scandals" Ariana's had (donut lick, saying hates America, saying she's the hardest working 22 year old) and the amount of backlash she gets, whereas male peers like Justin or Chris are literally breaking the law and doing far worse things on the regular, stalking exes and hating on fans and still the GP loves them. Hell, Taylor got far more shit for having a string of boyfriends than Justin ever did for spitting on his fans or visiting prostitutes. Maybe I feel the need to compensate in the other direction by going after the boys a bit harder. Who knows. 

Sorry for ranting at you, this isn't me arguing with you or whatever, if anything it's me expanding on your point and thinking about what you said, lol. 

That's a whole other rant for another day I guess. tl;dr - I see what you're saying, and on some level I agree with you. 

Seeing as his album is *only* expected to debut with 400k I can't wait for Taylor to come back and do well over 500k and bury him ny5 he's such an arrogant little cunt, and it's not like he has the music or artistry to back it up. He needs to sit and think about how easily he can flop and what it could potentially do if lots of people catch on to his horrible personality.

51 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

Even though I like this new album of his, it's depressing that THIS is our main male popstar nowadays.

I miss JT, his album better not take too long. clap1

And I wasn't aware of that mess about Ellie. What an asshole. jay1

"On My Mind" is considered to be Ellie's clapback, but it's definitely not a diss track, if anything it's pretty nice. "Don't" was bitter and nasty as hell. Full of straight, blunt insults, "don't fuck with my love" because she had the audacity to have sex with him and not immediately become his and his alone even though he knew that wasn't the plan from the beginning, etc etc. This bit makes it clear it's a clapback:

"Next thing that I know I'm in the hotel with you
You were talking deep like it was mad love to you
You wanted my heart but I just liked your tattoos"

and

"
I always hear, always hear them talking
Talking 'bout a girl, 'bout a girl with my name
Saying that I hurt you but I still don't get it
You didn't love me, no, not really
Wait, I could have really liked you
I'll bet, I'll bet that's why I keep on thinking 'bout you
It's a shame (shame), you said I was good
So I poured it down, so I poured it down"

But again, the hook of the song is talking about how he's on her mind, which makes it sound like if anything, she wants to call it a truce.... :/ 

1 minute ago, Serene. said:

He's so cocky

I hope someone blows up this year and steals his crown

He has no crown, tbh. 

In my mind, the ones leading male music rn in the mainstream are Justin, Justin and Bruno - all of which have been around for much longer, and have switched their sounds up enough times and ways to prove their legitimate artistry. xtina2 

I mean I've loved Ed since the beginning because I think he is super talented but ever since the songs from Divide have dropped he's been so vile. Like be confident about your artistry but not to the point that you think you're better than everyone else. + is my fave album for me and X was good I guess but his appeal is wearing off for me quite quickly and his music. I barely use X these days and I doubt divide will keep me around if it's the same old shit. It's a shame because he is talented and is a nice guy but he's been so trashy the last few albums and it's making it hard to defend him

9 minutes ago, alexander said:

I mean I've loved Ed since the beginning because I think he is super talented but ever since the songs from Divide have dropped he's been so vile. Like be confident about your artistry but not to the point that you think you're better than everyone else. + is my fave album for me and X was good I guess but his appeal is wearing off for me quite quickly and his music. I barely use X these days and I doubt divide will keep me around if it's the same old shit. It's a shame because he is talented and is a nice guy but he's been so trashy the last few albums and it's making it hard to defend him

He reminds me of my coworker. Basically, started working together, he was quite overweight, he was anxious, kinda nervous about messing up, but was a really sweet guy and I enjoyed working with him. He was a good guy. Then he lost weight. Now, he literally does fuck all work, constantly talks about his matches on tinder and how he gets wolf whistled at the gym all the time (he's really not THAT attractive...). But the thing is, he's the same person. And he genuinely was really sweet before. So I'm stuck thinking, was he a really sweet guy that got changed, or was this raging asshole always there under the surface, it just took some "success" to trigger it?

I feel like that's Ed. I have no doubt he used to be genuinely sweet and a good guy - hell, to a lot of people and a lot of the time he probably still is. That boy isn't dead, but he's definitely... not "embodying" that person anymore. But was the douche always there under the surface waiting to come out, or has he legitimately just changed into one over time?

12 hours ago, Taylor said:

Seeing as his album is *only* expected to debut with 400k I can't wait for Taylor to come back and do well over 500k and bury him ny5 he's such an arrogant little cunt, and it's not like he has the music or artistry to back it up. He needs to sit and think about how easily he can flop and what it could potentially do if lots of people catch on to his horrible personality.

500K 1st day you mean, Taylor will kill him on sales. 1M+ again.

1 hour ago, lautnerfied said:

500K 1st day you mean, Taylor will kill him on sales. 1M+ again.

I mean I doubt she'll do 500k+ first day again. It's 2017, and sales have declined a lot since even 2014, and will decline even further by the end of the year. I think she'll debut with amazing numbers, but another 1m+ debut is looking iffy.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, this is long, that's how I roll. I knew it wouldn't happen, but I was hoping he'd somehow flop and get a reality check. God, he's so arrogant.  Here's hoping Taylor releases so he won't have b

Yes I agree with all of this 100%  He has been so full of himself lately, it's unreal. The fact that he thinks he's so amazing yet he's too scared to release in Q3/Q4 of the year, aka the biggest time

To be honest, a majority of the faves are cocky, we just hate when men do it for some reason. His album is nothing new that John Mayer hasn't done. Sounds like a cheap imitation of a Bridget Jones sou

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.