jdpm1991

Did Katy have an original lead single before the election?

Just now, QUINN said:

"Losing their shit" is definitely an overstatement. Being excited about her expanding her message and doing something a bit different isn't out of line.

Have you seen ATRL over the past few weeks. rip2

I have a feeling she did have another single in mind but just how the world isn't in the best place right now not only with Trump but with everything on social media and what not. CTTR just is a no brainer first single.

I thought the same thing actually, I was even going to make a thread about it.(Thank goodness I didnt cause I see youre getting dragged fa filth! jj2 )

Didnt she delay the album after the election results? I can swear said something. If not, then maybe CTTR was very appropriate for recent events. tina1 

18 minutes ago, Witness said:

I thought the same thing actually, I was even going to make a thread about it.(Thank goodness I didnt cause I see youre getting dragged fa filth! jj2 )

Didnt she delay the album after the election results? I can swear said something. If not, then maybe CTTR was very appropriate for recent events. tina1 

Considering she said that she didn't start working on the album until June of last year, I'm fairly certain that all rumors of a delayed album were fabricated by impatient stans.

Katy never delayed anything. She wasn't planning on releasing it last year. Impatient fans wanted her to release a album in 2016. How could she have released an album last year when she was touring in 2015?

Posted from my iPod touch using the FOTP app

People claiming it is rushed because she was trying to leap frog the political fervour to pander couldn't be more wrong. It is risky to release something so obviously levelled against Trump because all his supporters will automatically ignore the song. The single's themes came as no surprise to me considering she was one of the most vocal pop stars during the election. This is a woman who defied her family and thought for herself; it's genuine.