Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Divine

Ariana Grande | Sweetener | August 17, 2018

2 minutes ago, Luca said:

Funny how you always try to be edgy when a song has the word "every" in it, first Everyday, now Everytime. burn1 

See you in court bitch! burn1 

It’s not me being edgy or going against the grain. It’s you not realising a talent burn1 

Just now, Urbanov said:

It’s not me being edgy or going against the grain. It’s you not realising a talent burn1 

Anyways, Sweetener: Reloaded is coming for your ugly & cheap ToysRUs wig burn1 

2 minutes ago, Luca said:

I hope you realise that they kept a moment of silence at it so the song would be 5:22 long as a memory to the Manchester victims, it softens my heart brit2 

Yeah that was a cute little touch. Without it it would be like 2/10 I feel sorry for the victims and their families cause they deserved better burn1 

Just now, Urbanov said:

Yeah that was a cute little touch. Without it it would be like 2/10 I feel sorry for the victims and their families cause they deserved better burn1 

Not you giving me "stan list ♥" tease burn1 

Sweetener - First Listen Review (bookmarking myself to compare in a few months sjsj)

raindrops (an angel cried) (7/10)

beautiful intro. i mean i can’t really say much else. her vocals are gorgeous but wbk sis

blazed (5/10)

this song lowkey bores me, its pretty average. the verse and pre-chorus melodies are cute tho. pharrell’s strained af vocals annoy me the most tbh

the light is coming (7/10)

this song is overhated. i agree, it could have a bit more beefy production and nicki could have a bit more time, but its a cute bop and i’m all for left-field tracks.

r.e.m. (7/10)

i wish she had kept the same lyrics from the beyonce demo, i’ve been getting used to them all week :/ its cute and its v v relaxing tho. i can see why ari hyped this the most

God is a woman (9/10)

yeah wbk this song is BEAUTIFUL but i’ve been listening so much since it’s release i’m more keen to listen to other things. i love the production so much tho and the lyrics SNAPPED

sweetener (6/10)

hmm i’m like on the fence with this song. it’s super cute n shit but at the same time i kinda cringe with some of the lyrics. but yes take us back to YT days with that piano!

successful (5/10)

okay she snapped in the lyrics and vocals but i can’t help but think how the instrumental sounds like music from the wii. also listening through my bassy speaker theres some weird random bass thats very very low but very jarring in every bar of the verses. it puts me off i keep thinking theres sounds from the other room hhhh

everytime (7/10)

This is SO CUTE. i’m getting 90s/early 00s rnb vibes. love itttt. wish it went a bit further but shes a cute bop

breathin (11/10)

bitch WHAT the FUCK. this is the song i didn’t deserve. my new touch it (in terms of sentimentality). jesus christ this song is an amazing masterpiece. her vocals are fucking amazing. hit me with the drake Hold On, We’re Going Home drums, i swear its the same jfkfsjd. i love how the chorus gets progressively larger throughout the song. also THAT synth that is so ellie goulding’s figure 8/kylie’s lost without you. whew she really decided to wind me out of nowhere with this one. next single incoming btw

no tears left to cry (9/10)

its been months but i still bop to this. i listen too much, then get bored, then find it a couple weeks later. a lingerer WE

borderline (5/10)

not my favourite. and missy’s rap could have been SO MUCH MORE :( its a cute bop but it just doesn’t go anywhere for me. her dreamy vocals are what keep me listening

better off (6/10)

the lyrics make me sad :( i love the chill production, i can see myself using this to calm myself. we all know someone we’re better off without, ari you didn’t have to depress me like this but thanks

goodnight n go (10/10)

after having listened to the original by imogen heap for the past few weeks this is GORGEOUS and i’m so glad she put a spin on it and didn’t use all of the original. it’s like a 2018 modern remix. i love the nod to the original at the beginning. and the dahdahdah’s are GORGEOUS. that outro ugh she did it!

pete davidson (6/10)

a gorgeous interlude and im so so glad she didn’t say his name tbh, it would have cursed shit with him and her tbh, its enough that the song is named after him. we deserved a full song with that production in the beginning though

get well soon (7/10)

YOURS TRULY, is that you? i love this song, and the tribute silence and track time for our manchester angels. within the actual song i feel like theres a lot of different things going on (which is probably what they were going for) given the context of it being all her different voices.

overall: (107/150) = 71.3%

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.