Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Divine

Ariana Grande | Sweetener | August 17, 2018

15 minutes ago, R.E.M said:

Honestly, Borderline and Blazed should've been replaced by other songs...they're the weaker songs out of the 15. I love them still but this is what I feel when listening to the album. But if I had to choose one then Blazed.

Plus the features are completely irrelevant. Literally nothing was done with them. Pharrell was given one line and just shouts “shawty you can get blazed” and Missy got a two second verse. 

breathin' truly is one of her best songs. mostly all of her major bops are sexual, but this song being a major bop and having a message to send.. 

love it. single #3 please.

It took forever for this to download into my iTunes but overall it’s a really cute album. It still doesn’t top Dangerous Woman in my opinion though. My favourites are Breathin’, Goodnight N Go, No Tears Left to Cry, and Everytime upon first couple listens. The only song I really don’t care for is Successful 

This is what Sweetener should've been without certain tracks:

1. Raindrops (An Angel Cried)

2. God Is A Woman

3. No Tears Left To Cry

4. Everytime

5. Breathin'

6. R.E.M

7. Better Off

8. Goodnight n Go

9. Pete Davidson

10. Get Well Soon

***This is just my opinion and I’m entitled to it, I’m stating it politely so please don’t attack me.***

Honestly I was so disappointed on first listen. I still regularly listen to her first three albums in the car years later, and I don’t see it with this one at all. Some tracks are slowly growing on me but I still think it’s her weakest effort by far. :(

My favorite song on here is still God is a Woman, but I love Everytime too. Breathin is fine, but slightly overrated. I can’t help but think it only stands out because of the rest of the album, and that if it had been on Dangerous Woman people would say it’s just okay. The Light Is Coming, Sweetener, Successful, and Borderline are straight-up bad to me, I really don’t know what she was thinking with those. They would work as mid-00s Gwen Stefani tracks, but not for Ariana. I haven’t read many reviews or comments about it so I don’t know how this stacks up to popular opinion. This reminds me of Reputation, where the reception is mixed at first but it ends up being a grower. I saw someone say it reminds them of Yours Truly, but that’s my favorite album by her and I’m not feeling this one.

@Divine (and other Arianators who won’t jump down my throat) Thoughts on my thoughts?

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

***This is just my opinion and I’m entitled to it, I’m stating it politely so please don’t attack me.***

Honestly I was so disappointed on first listen. I still regularly listen to her first three albums in the car years later, and I don’t see it with this one at all. Some tracks are slowly growing on me but I still think it’s her weakest effort by far. :(

My favorite song on here is still God is a Woman, but I love Everytime too. Breathin is fine, but slightly overrated. I can’t help but think it only stands out because of the rest of the album, and that if it had been on Dangerous Woman people would say it’s just okay. The Light Is Coming, Sweetener, Successful, and Borderline are straight-up bad to me, I really don’t know what she was thinking with those. They would work as mid-00s Gwen Stefani tracks, but not for Ariana. I haven’t read many reviews or comments about it so I don’t know how this stacks up to popular opinion. This reminds me of Reputation, where the reception is mixed at first but it ends up being a grower. I saw someone say it reminds them of Yours Truly, but that’s my favorite album by her and I’m not feeling this one.

@Divine (and other Arianators who won’t jump down my throat) Thoughts on my thoughts?

Well, no need to feel like someone would jump at you because of your opinion. I think that people are rational enough to freely discuss whether they agree or not. 

Regarding the album, I agree about God Is A Woman, Everytime and Breathin' being good songs and personal favorites. I would add Better Off and Goodnight n Go to that bunch along with No Tears Left To Cry. Get Well Soon seems stuffed ( as in long, but there is a reason for that ). However, it is emotional enough and lyrically rich which is helping it to get on my favorite list. I think that she managed with all aforementioned songs to reach high highs and that's partially a reason why other songs don't come across as strong. 

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.