Slasher

Beyonce had the most #1s on the Hot 100 by Female Artists in the 2000s!

women-on-hot100-2016-billboard-1240.jpg

2000s LeaderboardBeyonceRihanna (5 No. 1s each during the decade), Mariah Carey (4)

Key StatKelly Clarkson makes the biggest leap to No. 1 in Hot 100 history, vaulting 97-1 with "My Life Would Suck Without You" in 2009.

Percentage of No. 1s by women: 40 percent

With a new millennium came a fresh wave of female pop and R&B superstars, who combined to lead the Hot 100 with 40 percent of all No. 1s in the century's opening frame (down from 49 percent for the '90s, but still nearly double women's showings in the '60s and '70s).

Beyonce – like Diana Ross decades before – stepped out from her group for a blockbuster solo career, as the former Destiny Child's frontwoman turned in five No. 1s throughout the decade, with each logging at least one month atop the Hot 100.

As three of Beyonce's No. 1s ("Crazy in Love," featuring Jay Z; "Baby Boy," featuring Sean Paul; and "Check On It," featuring Slim Thug) proved, the popularity of rap/sung collaborations also aided women in reaching the top of the Hot 100. Besides Beyonce, the likes of Jennifer LopezAlicia Keys and Nelly Furtado topped the Hot 100 with accompanied rappers.

In addition, certified legends defied previous expectations of career longevity, with Janet Jackson, Madonna and Mariah Carey plugging additional No. 1 hits more than 15 years into their careers. Just weeks after one another in 2000, Jackson and Madonna became the first artists to score No. 1 hits in the '80s, '90s and '00s.

Plus, the 2002 arrival of American Idol proved a new showcase for female talent, especially. Led by original queen Kelly Clarkson and 2005 winner Carrie Underwood, six songs by Idol champs or finalists topped the Hot 100 in the '00s, four of them by women.

Source

1 minute ago, the great helper22 said:

Ots kinda sad Rihanna surpassed her

Nah. Rihanna and Beyonce don't hold grudges against each other. They support each other and are just happy for black women to be making it.

2 hours ago, Anna-wa said:

You should stop waiting to be honest.

I can't give up hope cry4

If she gives up thatTidal bullshit she could've easily gotten a number one. 

But I'm ok with knowing her songs don't need to go to number one to be iconic

50 minutes ago, King X said:

I can't give up hope cry4

If she gives up thatTidal bullshit she could've easily gotten a number one. 

But I'm ok with knowing her songs don't need to go to number one to be iconic

She'll never give up Tidal, I've stopped daydreaming