SeekingThrill

Madonna's Last Three Eras

Do you agree they all were eras of ups and downs? 

Before them, I was pretty much pleased with everything. In HC, MDNA and RH eras there were messy songs, bad videos, bad single covers, no promo for a certain album, leaks...

Will there be a change in the next era? Will Madonna and her team learn on their mistakes? 

Rebel Heart had an amazing potential, Devil Pray, Holy Water, Iconic, Hold Tight all deserved to be singles but she shit it all over it with terrible promotion. The fact that Living For Love would chart decently if she sent it to the airwaves and promoted it right when she released it. Ghosttown was meh, Bitch I'm Madonna is shit but one of the single worthy songs. The leaks destroyed that era fall3 The full album leaked like 8 weeks before the release. She is the queen of leaks honestly. Lana wishes dead7

Hard Candy had decent singles and I like what I've heard from it and it's not a flop but it's not Confessions...

MDNA....moo4 i don't know i don't listen to mixtapes

3 minutes ago, rosekesha said:

Rebel Heart had an amazing potential, Devil Pray, Holy Water, Iconic, Hold Tight all deserved to be singles but she shit it all over it with terrible promotion. The fact that Living For Love would chart decently if she sent it to the airwaves and promoted it right when she released it. Ghosttown was meh, Bitch I'm Madonna is shit but one of the single worthy songs. The leaks destroyed that era fall3 The full album leaked like 8 weeks before the release. She is the queen of leaks honestly. Lana wishes dead7

Hard Candy had decent singles and I like what I've heard from it and it's not a flop but it's not Confessions...

MDNA....moo4 i don't know i don't listen to mixtapes

She couldn't. It was Xmas freeze on radios and she released it minute before itunes was closed for holidays, she already explained that in RS (i think) interview. Video shoot was scheduled for January, there was no point to promote the song if video was coming in February and it wasn't sent to radios.

Song was already 'old' after Xmas freeze so there was no point for radio deal

Just now, Angelus said:

She couldn't. It was Xmas freeze on radios and she released it minute before itunes was closed for holidays, she already explained that in RS (i think) interview. Video shoot was scheduled for January, there was no point to promote the song if video was coming in February and it wasn't sent to radios.

Song was already 'old' after Xmas freeze so there was no point for radio deal

too bad tho fall3 the luck was not quite on her side

As for HC i think i said it already enough ny5 ahead of its times oprah13

RH was flawless and pretty much everything i wanted from her at this point, and all the references to her previous works really worked for me cry6 as much lot of people hate on BIM it was best single choice for RH cos it was only song that could bring attention to the album as it did afterall eve1 so i wouldnt complain for RH singles, we got good videos afterall only thing is she should give a chance to a song outside first 6 released tracks jj2  HBC could be good choice but hey bitch shes madonna eve1 

MDNA was a messy album made for tour,that only at the end of recording sessions she actually got inspired and she improved it lil bit. i mean songs were good in most of the cases but very rushed with lot of easy beats and production, she could do it better if she would give it more time.

as for promo she need to kick out Guy right away, hes no good for her at this point except for sealing her good $$$ deals. she need new fresh team as for promotion

3 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

As for HC i think i said it already enough ny5 ahead of its times oprah13

RH was flawless and pretty much everything i wanted from her at this point, and all the references to her previous works really worked for me cry6 as much lot of people hate on BIM it was best single choice for RH cos it was only song that could bring attention to the album as it did afterall eve1 so i wouldnt complain for RH singles, we got good videos afterall only thing is she should give a change to a song outside first 6 released tracks jj2  HBC could be good choice but hey bitch shes madonna eve1 

MDNA was a messy album made for tour,that only at the end of recording sessions she actually got inspired and she improved it lil bit. i mean songs were good in most of the cases but very rushed with lot of easy beats and production, she could do it better if she would give it more time.

as for promo she need to kick out Guy right away, hes no good for her at this point except for sealing her good $$$ deals. she need new fresh team as for promotion

YOU READ MY MIND

HC, MDNA and RH are blemishes on her flawless discography up till that point eve1 I honestly hardly ever use them, they're unfocused attempts to get some more hits eve1 Where are the re-inventions? eve1 Where are the cohesive sounds? eve1 I mean I suppose you could say HC is cohesive but it's still terrible  eve1 Plus her last two albums especially have a bloated track list that just reeks of filler eve1 Stick to your 10-12 Madge eve1 They're still good for a bop and a handful of genuinely good tracks but that is split over three albums eve1 She seems inspired lately though, so here is hoping M14 delivers eve1 

On 3/11/2017 at 7:30 PM, rosekesha said:

Besides the leaks, the iTunes release during the leak time affected her era. She gave people the opportunity to buy LFL, Ghosttown, BIM and some other songs. Later, when certain songs were released officially as singles it was pointless to buy them again and that's why those singles had horrible positions on charts around the world.

I think she did a solid job at promoting, but she focused too much on USA, which doesn't care that much about her like the rest of the world. eve1 

I love Rebel Heart, one of my favourite Madonna albums. I don't really care  about Hard Candy or MDNA, except for a few songs. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You and Voices are definitely in my top Madonna songs of all time, because the lyrics in those two really describe a time in my life really well.  From MDNA I only listen to Masterpiece.

HC still sounds kinda fresh even if it has that tired Pharrell production we've heard for years. With some editing and shortening of the songs I think it would've been a very decent album.
MDNA has too much filler and was chasing too many trends all while trying to recreate that magic from her past hits.
RH hasnt aged that bad either at least imo. There sure were good ideas and concepts on it. It really suffered from having too many people involved and no clear sense of direction. Still a major step in the right direction considering it came after MDNA lj1 

MDNA is to madge what britney jean is to britney: purely wtf. i can listen confortably from 2 to 3 songs of them.
HC is good, but not much of my taste.
RH is huge, but algo hugely messed up by so many ppl working on it. Looks like songs from different albuns put altogether. Devil pray is Very good and I wish the album was built around that dark beat. Bitch I'm madonna hurts my ears, unapologetic bitch is out of place...
Next one will be really good tho, i feel it aretha1

Hard Candy is a bad album but it has a few songs I do hear: 4 Minutes, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, Voices and Miles Away are all good.

MDNA is a mess, I hate the album and the concept and everything but it also does have good songs: Beautiful Killer is AMAZING, so is Falling Free & Girl Gone Wild. I like Give Me All Your Luvin & Masterpiece too.

Rebel Heart is flawless, definetly one of her best albums along with COADF & ROL. Everything was perfect, the only bad song on here is Autotune Baby which is like a bonus bonus track.

Personally, I think Hard Candy, MDNA, and Rebel Heart are all fantastic albums and not at all worthy of the negative criticism they've gained from fans & critics alike. 

Hard Candy was an interesting foray into a more urban style, I'm glad she didn't just go for Confessions 2.0. 

MDNA is a brilliant dance album. Turn Up the Radio encompasses the meaning of the entire record - it's a way to block out all the stuff going on in Madonna's life at the time, such as the divorce. She's cranked the radio up to full blast to try and forget what's going on.

Rebel Heart is the best of the bunch, however. It sounds fresh and modern without seeming dated. Lyrically, it's probably her most personal album in a long while. There's introspection on her career that we haven't seen before, aside from on songs like Human Nature, Hollywood etc.