Bionic Monster

GagaBowl viewed roughly 25,000,000 more times than KatyBowl. Why?

21 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

Yeah, that was my point, tours don't have to be long to do well.ahs1 And, she was grossing on average over $1m per night and was 97% sold out with almost 1m attendance. Demand was there. sis.

"Return this shit in your ass" that's all the "king of receipts" has for me?ahs1

And she had 2 long tours and suddenly decided to have short one and low tickets sales had nothing to do with that? You can hide behind those numbers all you want, we all know LiveNation faked those since it's obvious in some cases (and we had pics and clips and member here who got the ticket because they were giving them all for free few hours before the show). She had 0.6-0.8m grosses for +10k attendance. Fake.

And if you want to go deep we can, saying that Madonna peaked with LAV/TB only because they sold the most is like saying Beyonce peaked with DIL and Bday because they are her best selling albums. Not everyone peaks in their first year/era and declines after that ;)

Madonna's ultimate peak started with the release of LAP and ended sometime in 1993. (she had another wind in 1998-2002 and again in mid 00s, but that's another story ;) )

Year 1990 was her biggest year.

This used to be my playground is perfect example of the star power she had in 1992, song that was randomly released in summer 1992 (because label wanted last cash in before SEX) effortlessly topped Hot 100,  song she never acknowledged. And it was her 3rd full single release that topped hot 100 in a row, and with a side project (Vogue - Justify my Love - This Used to be my playground, and two minor promo singles released in the meantime were top 10 hits - even jazz/swing song about sex! That's star power.)

Release of Erotica/SEX was pop cultural phenomenon. Funny how you said BTW turned off fans because it was gay but you always ignore the fact that under-aged fans couldn't buy this album in 1992 unless their parents bought them for them (you know pre-digital/streaming era ;) )  You're forgetting that people were actually strict back in the day, and PA sticker actually had a point.

P.S. Oh since you love using MT, stick to their numbers then, it's funny how you're clinging to them because you want to use them for BTW but then you go on and you lower Erotica numbers, just saying.

These damn essays. The fad's peak was bigger, but Katy has been more successful than her ever since the fad's peak ended, including albums, singles, streaming, touring gross, earnings, etc. The only exception was BTWT grossing more than CDT. All those are known facts. Like, why is that dumb delulu still trying? There's no need to argue about the same thing over and over. 

giphyhuabf.gif

9 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

You fossils are the ones always clinging to MediaTraffic everytime someone foes 1 decimal point over 6.3m for BTW, so don't come with the certification shit nowari1

But why are you pretending like you can't see a pattern here moo6 The context here is clear to everyone but you : over the course of the past 5 years, Katy has been gaining popularity while Gaga has been on a continuous fall from status. And again, Born This Way & Teenage Dream sharing identical sales despite Gaga having the advantage in popularity level at the time + a bigger promo schedule + 440.000 sales that wouldn't count nowadays does not play a supportive role to your narrative, but ours nicki4 Born This Way's first 2 weeks sales are 3m, Teenage Dream's are 250k, yet they ended up selling the same amount of copies, now, does that sound like good news for Gaga or does it just sound like the huge first month sales were a result of pure hype and the lack of consistency are a result of Gaga's declining and inferior popularity compared to Katy's growing one? oprah8 It's hilarious that you don't see how this dynamic between their sales only reinforces our argument and not yours.

You're right it was a huge campaign, and out of it she got at least 3 big hits (one of them a celebrated anthem to this day) and the 2nd highest selling album of 2011, behind Adeleari1

It wasn't just a huge campaign, it was the biggest campaign an album had ever seen period. There were even articles written about how Gaga's team was aiming to shift 30 million copies of the album and how Troy wanted her to achieve a similar success to P!nk in Australia. 

Again, how is this reinforcing your argument and not ours? oprah8 Cool, but Katy got 8 top 3 hits with 6 of them being #1' smashes and an even bigger and more celebrated anthem oprah6 But we're delusional for saying Katy has been far more popular, kay oprah5

Not the GH albumfall6 Sis I'm talking about studio albums/eras, plus 2 years after that she released Erotica which sold 6m, so if that was her peak why did SHE fall so quickly?fall3

Madonna's star power was absolutely NOT on the rise. It peaked in 1985 with the "Madonna-Mania" craze. Getting banned from the Vatican/burning crosses/LAP controversy/Erotica controversy doesn't mean she was more popular or relevant, it means she was a bit desperatefall6

Because releasing an album like Erotica at the peak of AIDS paranoia and homophobia is an actual risk, the music was age restricted and that album is easily the least accessible high profile pop album of all time. But was her star power on the rise still? Absolutely. The SEX book grossed $75 million dollars in three days, The Girlie Show had an average audience of 51.000 per night and became her highest grossing tour, she was still the biggest and most discussed female entertainment figure on the planet despite people not tuning in for the music. That's the difference between her and Gaga. I mean, she released This Used To Be My Playground in 1992 and it went #1 worldwide (including the U.S) without her promoting it once, don't act like Gaga and her are in the same shoes, Gaga can't get her very generic song to reach the top 3 after heavy promo (including SB / Oscars / major award show promotions) and discounts.

"Dark Horse" and "Roar" sold less than JD and PF, and didn't have near the impact off BR or Born This Way, or really impact at allfall6

Neither Bad Romance nor Roar are charting on US iTunes, but BR did manage to rechart after the SB while Roar didn'tfall6

They both sold over 10 million copies WW (Dark Horse 13.2), and again, on top of fucking that, they have 1.100.000.000 more views than Gaga's most viewed song, And 300.000.000 more streams. Don't come at me with the but streaming was bigger in 2013!!! excuse 'cause then you can't bring up Gaga's slightly (and by that I mean barely) superior sales 'cause 2009 sales were bigger as well, but when we're comparing success we include all factors, Gaga slightly outsold Katy but Katy demolished Gaga elsewhere, which naturally leads me to believe that Katy got the bigger hits. rih2 What impact did BR or Born This Way have? lol BR is only brought up these days to laugh at the retarded Rah Rah Ohlala lyrics and Firework easily beats Born This Way in terms of impact.  Again : more sales, more views, more streams, currently selling more and is more celebrated (4th of July's theme song).

Roar is currently charting (after 861 days) on WW iTunes at #97, while BR (which was just promoted in front of at least 150 million people) is nowhere to be found in the top 300, do I have to repeat that again? oprah12 Bigger hit, period. 

Ok so you're telling me Born This Way didn't turn off a shit ton of the straights who were buying her music? I could probably go and find some of the comments I read online about her after that, and I wasn't even a stan thenfall2 it was really harsh. and she DEFINITELY lost a lot of support, especially in the US and maybe some countries that, ya know, aren't that welcoming to gay peoplefall2

She also got a lot of shit from Catholics about that, and the entire song is WAY more polarizing than LAP. The lyrics of that song aren't even sacrilegious like Judas, the only thing controversial was the videodead2

So her big risk is releasing a pro gay single in 2011? orly1 If anything it was capitalizing on our social progression in terms of acceptance towards the gay community and not going against the drain, we're talking about times when the fucking President signified the beginning of a more nuanced federal policy to LGBT citizens, but no, let me not buy Firework 'cause it includes two gay men kissing rih1 Let me not buy Macklemore's (a rapper) single Same Love rih1 Let me not buy Take Me To Church rih1 Oh wait, these are some of the biggest hits of the decade oprah5 Yes, it probably did turn off homophobes, but truth be told conservatives were never really a fan of Gaga or pop stars in general so she didn't lose much rav3 I guess Katy's career should have ended with I Kissed A Girl. oprah10 Seriously, cut the bullshit, it was not a career risking release, It was just as much as a catering message to the masses as much as it was a subject of controversy to some.

Ironically it was Gaga portraying Mary Magdalene and the lame portrayal of Jesus in the video that 'caused that small non eventful controversy, but unlike with Madonna's situation, it didn't really affect the song's accessibility because she still had YouTube as a platform, while Madonna had to constantly keep watching out from getting banned on TV - which was an essential way to get your music heard. LAP was lyrically provoking because the entire religious references are direct and clear connotations for sex esp oral chi1 We're talking nearly 3 decades ago, remember. Anyone who actually bothered (very few considering it's just one of these recycled RedOne - Gaga beats you bop to without actually listening to the content) understood that it's a metaphor for Gaga's lame clinging to bad boys hence the bridge's lyrics "Jesus is my virtue, but Judas is the demon I cling to" - I mean, the bitch literally had to include that lame ass lyrics to asphyxiate any chance to warrant real controversy. On that note, LAP is an actual musical risk, a total new sound for Madonna, a total new sound and approach for pop music, an unprecedented pop song structure, I mean, the last 3 minutes of the song don't even have a chorus, let that sink in. Meanwhile Gaga had to play it safe and run back to a recycled RedOne beat and inject her obnoxious repetitive pop hooks to make the song easily accessible and catchy and an even lamer Eurovision chorus.

Yeah, I'm sure songs like Aura, Sexxx Dreams, ARTPOP, Swine, Mary Jane Holland, Joanne, Sinner's Prayer, Hey Girl, Angel Down, and Just Another Day would be HUGE smashes!dead4

If Madonna could turn LAP, JML and Erotica into hits, If Rihanna can turn SWM and LOTB into hits, if songs like Take Me To Church can become massive hits, then why not? 

And Katy didn't do the same thing with her SuperBowl? It's about celebrating your biggest hits, Katy's was in TD, Gaga's was in TF/M. Regardless, not you pulling out one look from that era to prove she was just copying herselfdead2 

No, she didn't, She didn't come out with a purple wig, she did a whole new performance for Dark Horse, a new version of I Kissed A Girl, she performed the revamped version of the California Gurls' performance, and that's something that I expect of a pop star like her to do, and Gaga can't even do that, the bare fucking minimum. And don't even let me get started about Prismatic tour vs artGRAVE in that regard. 

And no I didn't pull off just the look, I also noted how she performed the same choreographies, brought the disco stick / keytar and performed the same versions she's been performing since 2008. 

CTTR is literally a vanilla song with a white, tree hugging messagedead1 What is so "thought-provoking" about "so comfortable we're living in a bubble, bubble/so comfortable we cannot see the trouble, trouble?" I could write that shit!lmfao1 As opposed to "I'm a believer, it's chaos, where are our leaders? Oh, oh, oh, I'd rather save an angel down" or "Lady is it lonely? I been callin' out your name Tell me that you need me 'Cause I need you just the sameEveryday a heartache I'm just tryin' to keep it sane But I know you believe me, Baby don't you leave me"

It is about the BLM movement and how she doesn't understand why the leaders of this country won't do something to combat the police brutality problem of black youth in this country and tense race relations in general. And I'm sure she doesn't give a fuck if you're impressed or not.

What do you think the message of the song is? The way to reach gender equality is for women to unite and stop tearing each other down as so many sometimes do. Besides, you as a MAN on some gay pop forum don't get to define what feminism is for ANY woman.ari1

A song about social monotony, the propaganda of the American dream, the reality of conforming to oppressive norms and the status quo and our asymmetrical attention direction in the media is a white tree hugging message, but not some white chick preaching about how woke she is because she'd rather save a fallen angel although she never used her voice to explicitly support the movement until years after it blew up in our faces? oprah2 LM's are truly hopeless. How can you not see that it's just a vague ass song with vague ass lord save our nation lyrics = white af. oprah3 If she didn't mention Trayvon Brown in that idiotic tweet to some critic you wouldn't have a clue, be real. The lyrics are not communicated well and that makes the entire theme of the record fall apart. And for a supposedly visual / conceptual artist like her you'd think we'd get something to solidify a picture / theme in our heads, but nothing. Most critics didn't even comment on the song, let alone talk about its message (and when they did they brought up how awfully vague it is), that's how unremarkable the record is message wise. 

Sure, walking your girlfriend home would surely help fix gender roles in places like Iran and Syria ny12 White. I have Hannah Montana's True Friend for that kind of vanilla message.

And like I said, until she actually starts practicing this message, I won't take her seriously. For now she's the bitch who cyber bullied Ronda Rousey, dismissed Madonna's talent and took cheap shots at Katy / Nicki. 

16 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

They would've grossed equally had Gaga not broken her hip and you damn well know thatdead2

wendy1

We already established that the BTWB shat all over the California Dreams tour though. It doesn't matter that she had to cancel those dates, 'cause I never argued that Katy was a bigger touring power in 2012/3 brit0 The tours that should be compared are artRAVE and Prismatic wendy2 And there, Katy shat all over Gaga, continuing her rise in tour success, and Gaga continuing her decline in tour success.. how dare you accuse me of not getting the point etc. when you haven't addressed this crucial rise/decline element in the conversation once and when you go back to some tour I never argued about to "prove your point" which is just another backtrack? ayumi1

16 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

That's just a liedead2 Gaga wanted to keep going with the artRAVE but Bobby wanted her to promote CTCdead2 There have been so many successful "short" tours that were not ended for lack of demand, many of them by your fave when she was still relevant in the pop world during "The Virgin Tour"dead2

Well, I wanna see some receipts for that Bobby thing, I'm pretty sure you just made that up bey5 Gaga has been very clear about how Bobby follows her wishes and demands in contrast to Troy, so it's not even possible unless you want to call Gaga a liar of course bey1

And honey, to compare a national tour like Virgin (her first one) to the once biggest pop star in the world's international fourth rip3 The whole point is that Madonna's tour success, like Katy's, rose dramatically in the next years after her debut, while Gaga has continuously declined. You can come up with all sorts of excuses for that, but then you need to remember that this thread is supposedly about who was more relevant past 2012, so those excuses/explanations aren't even on topic aretha1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you talking about YouTube? If so then maybe because Katy's was uploaded 18 months after it took place?

According to who? Because the official numbers released state that Katy's ratings were bigger.     

Gaga has sold more albums and grossed more on tours, literally the ONLY thing she has is singles

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.