havok

Why is Rihanna much more successful than the fad of the decade?

3 hours ago, Devil Pray said:

They had kinda the same sales after 12 years of their debut plus Madonna was more artistically acclaimed.

Ldxsxmw.gif

Love Rihanna tho

Ldxsxmw.gif

Don't know why you mentioned Madonna here btw

Ldxsxmw.gif

Why are you even answering to that nonsense? laughcry1

Rihanna is the girl in your class you want to be friends with while Gaga is the one you avoid so she doesn't tell you for the 100th time how different and artistic she is.

Ldxsxmw.gif

9 hours ago, AwayForAWhile said:

She's doing better than GaGa, and infinitely better than Madonna, and will soon overtake her in sales, which is sad since that's the only memorable thing Madementia has going for her. 

The delusion and lies. Madonna is still +100m records above Rihanna, and since singles sales are dead now I don't think Rihanna will catch up anytime soon, if ever. Now, Madonna is 35 years into her career and it's still doing better than the fad and your obese alcoholic fave too. Still able to sell 1m albums and still being a touring force. mad3 Meanwhile the obese excuse of a singer that you stan for can't sell singles, can't sell albums, can't even get people to stream her vomit-inducing music and can't even perform without being humiliated by the entire world. Now, what does she have going on other than being a fucking joke and a desperate has-been? I mean, the bitch has even given up on releasing albums due to how hard her latest shit bombed. mad7 Sit the fuck down! 

8 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

Other than Needed Help and Flop on the brain all of those songs are from 4+ years ago dead4 i don't think you got my point at all

You can't be this dumb. dead4 How can she get top 10 hits if she doesn't even release music? Use your brain. dead4

It's funny you mention that tho, because she has had a top 10 hit each and every year since her debut in 2005, except for 2014. Choke on this tea: Rihanna's scored more top 10 hits than any other act, except for Madge and The Beatles.  http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7694353/hot-100-rihanna-love-on-the-brain-30-top-ten-hits rih5

Also, funny since the corpse you stan for hasn't had a top 10 hit since 6 years ago, not even features can't save her meth-addicted ass. And the cow hasn't had one since 2009. Poor has-beens! 

Ldxsxmw.gif

6 hours ago, Angelus said:

Ne-Yo is featured on Hate that i love you 

I did not know Ne-Yo is a raper or a DJ.

Ldxsxmw.gif

7 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

jj3 Ya but the album before that only had 1 and a half successful solo singles, nothing in between that and anti, and just now cracking the top 10 by herself for the first time in years. js without help plus discounts i don't think she would be more successful than the "fad'. Do you really think Anti or work would be half as popular as it was if not for drake?

2010: RB #1, OG #1, WMN #1, LTWYL #1

2011: S&M #1, Cheers #7, WFL #1

2012: WHYB #5, Diamonds #1, TC #7

2013: Stay #3, The Monster #1

2015: FourFiveSeconds #4

2016: Work #1, NM  #7, TIWYCF #3

2017: Love on the Brain #5

Not Rihanna having 3x more top 10 hits than Methney and Cowriah combined this decade. Poor has-beens!

Ldxsxmw.gif

"for the first time in years". Bitch, you need to go back to kindergarten because from Q3-2016 to Q1-2017 it hasn't even been a year. 

Ldxsxmw.gif

The one that discounted her song was the fad, not Rihanna. And the one that has promoted her song in any possible show and paid to perform at the SB was the fad, not Rihanna. Rihanna hasn't even promoted LOTB since it became a single. Imagine being this dumb and deluded. 

Ldxsxmw.gif

1 hour ago, John Wayne said:

sure

artRotten: 920K tickets, $83 million grossed.

DWT: 1.6m tickets, $140 million grossed.    

For sure indeed. 

Ldxsxmw.gif

9 hours ago, AwayForAWhile said:

She's doing better than GaGa, and infinitely better than Madonna, and will soon overtake her in sales, which is sad since that's the only memorable thing Madementia has going for her. 

She will also overtake Fatriah very soon and clearly that's all Mariah. Madonna may not have the #1s but at least people remember her singles! rih8 

Mariah has been over since WBT and put the final nail in her coffin with that tragic NYRE performance! 

3 minutes ago, Cruella de Vil said:

She will also overtake Fatriah very soon and clearly that's all Mariah. Madonna may not have the #1s but at least people remember her singles! rih8 

Mariah has been over since WBT and put the final nail in her coffin with that tragic NYRE performance! 

Have you seen this? 

Now, cows. What's the excuse for this one? 

2 hours ago, John Wayne said:

because the GP loves Rihanna rav1 she is far more easy-going and fun that "fad" rav1 

her music is more commercial, as well rav1 and that's not a bad thing rav1

ANTi commercial? rav1 Needed Me and Work maybe but overall it was quite a change from her old stuff while still keeping her essence. Gaga should take notes cause she tried THAT with Joe N. but she ended up sounding like a teen boy whose voice just broke and who decided to record an album in his parent's barn in Wisconsin or something.

27 minutes ago, Selig said:

The delusion and lies. Madonna is still +100m records above Rihanna, and since singles sales are dead now I don't think Rihanna will catch up anytime soon, if ever. Now, Madonna is 35 years into her career and it's still doing better than the fad and your obese alcoholic fave too. Still able to sell 1m albums and still being a touring force. mad3 Meanwhile the obese excuse of a singer that you stan for can't sell singles, can't sell albums, can't even get people to stream her vomit-inducing music and can't even perform without being humiliated by the entire world. Now, what does she have going on other than being a fucking joke and a desperate has-been? I mean, the bitch has even given up on releasing albums due to how hard her latest shit bombed. mad7 Sit the fuck down! 

You can't be this dumb. dead4 How can she get top 10 hits if she doesn't even release music? Use your brain. dead4

It's funny you mention that tho, because she has had a top 10 hit each and every year since her debut in 2005, except for 2014. Choke on this tea: Rihanna's scored more top 10 hits than any other act, except for Madge and The Beatles.  http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7694353/hot-100-rihanna-love-on-the-brain-30-top-ten-hits rih5

Also, funny since the corpse you stan for hasn't had a top 10 hit since 6 years ago, not even features can't save her meth-addicted ass. And the cow hasn't had one since 2009. Poor has-beens! 

Ldxsxmw.gif

Ldxsxmw.gif

Not Rihanna having 3x more top 10 hits than Methney and Cowriah combined this decade. Poor has-beens!

Ldxsxmw.gif

"for the first time in years". Bitch, you need to go back to kindergarten because from Q3-2016 to Q1-2017 it hasn't even been a year. 

Ldxsxmw.gif

The one that discounted her song was the fad, not Rihanna. And the one that has promoted her song in any possible show and paid to perform at the SB was the fad, not Rihanna. Rihanna hasn't even promoted LOTB since it became a single. Imagine being this dumb and deluded. 

Ldxsxmw.gif

For sure indeed. 

Ldxsxmw.gif

Actually we can count The Monster as a 2014 top 10 too, since it was #1 for two weeks in 2014 too sass1ny1 

3 hours ago, Selig said:

For sure indeed. 

Ldxsxmw.gif

riri has only one 100M+ grossing tour, gaga has 2, and gaga had less tours overall

Ldxsxmw.gif

it's a fact that rihanna is not a touring force... artrave flopped, but all of her other tours did amazing. the joanne tour was sold out in like an hour

3 hours ago, Cruella de Vil said:

ANTi commercial? rav1 Needed Me and Work maybe but overall it was quite a change from her old stuff while still keeping her essence. Gaga should take notes cause she tried THAT with Joe N. but she ended up sounding like a teen boy whose voice just broke and who decided to record an album in his parent's barn in Wisconsin or something.

sweetie she had 7 albums before ANTI rav1 they did sound commercial rav1

we get it, you loathe Joe N rav1 she didnt give you the pop bops this time rav1 you dont have to always repeat yourself rav1

On 3/14/2017 at 7:43 AM, Bubble said:

You're clutching at straws trying to drag Rihanna. Just take your L and go Ape.

im not even trying to drag rihanna tho jj3 the only person here clutching at straws is the one trying so hard to make queen forehead out to be superior to every other popgirl.

On 3/14/2017 at 10:21 AM, Selig said:

Ldxsxmw.gif

Ldxsxmw.gif

Ldxsxmw.gif

For sure indeed. 

She did release music they just weren't studio albums, anyway saying that she has more top 10s in the modern digital era is basically irrelevant when streaming exist and $1 singles can be bought on itunes (oh and 6 of rihanna's top 10's are actually other people's songs she was featured in), even someone like Katy can have several #1's these days. Ri's popularity has had the aid of: Jay-Z, T.i, Eminem, Drake, Calvin harris and chris brown's fist (She also was dumb enough to forgive him and set women as a whole back 50 years). Terrible role model, terrible singer, terrible dancer and terrible eightheadbrit9 so please stop trying to shit on mariah and britney(Who had nothing to even do with this discussion until you mentioned them). Your "hurr durr haz-beens" argument literally means nothing when mariah not only debuted in 1990, but on her worst day is still 3x more talented, successful, iconic and beautiful than rihanna. And you knew what i meant when i said "first time in years" anna1, between 2013 and 2016. And ne-yo isn't a dj or rapper but he was still part of yet another collab involving ri and his song with ri shouldn't be counted as strictly ri's success, like you're trying to do with many of her hits dead7 talk about grasping at straws. . .  and for every video of mariah having messy vocals i guarantee there are 2 more for ri.

42 minutes ago, John Wayne said:

riri has only one 100M+ grossing tour, gaga has 2, and gaga had less tours overall

Ldxsxmw.gif

it's a fact that rihanna is not a touring force... artrave flopped, but all of her other tours did amazing. the joanne tour was sold out in like an hour

sweetie she had 7 albums before ANTI rav1 they did sound commercial rav1

we get it, you loathe Joe N rav1 she didnt give you the pop bops this time rav1 you dont have to always repeat yourself rav1

Sis, I wasn't here for pop bops. I was here for something somewhat exciting and not a Taylor Swift album. rav1 

The songs are terribly written for the most part and the production isn't good enough to make up for it, neither are her vocals.

Perfect Illusion and Joanne in particular are so dreadful lyrically and the melodies are so weak and amateurish...it's just. eve1 It's an album full of Superstars (by Madonna) with fancy retro country production.

8 minutes ago, Cruella de Vil said:

Sis, I wasn't here for pop bops. I was here for something somewhat exciting and not a Taylor Swift album. rav1 

The songs are terribly written for the most part and the production isn't good enough to make up for it, neither are her vocals.

Perfect Illusion and Joanne in particular are so dreadful lyrically and the melodies are so weak and amateurish...it's just. eve1 It's an album full of Superstars (by Madonna) with fancy retro country production.

the song are well produced, it's just that they dont fit with each other rav1 starts with a pop-rock song (DH), then a country pop song (AYO), then a folk song (J), an electropop song (JW), reggaeton song (DIC), disco rock (at least that's how wikipedia named it) - PI, a pop ballad (MR), a LDR outtake (SP), christams-ish eve1 song (CTM) a borefest (HG) and a mesmerizing ballad (AG) rav1 her least cohesive album, that's for sure, both thematically and sonically rav1 back in some of the radio interviews she was asked whether the sound of PI represents the sound of the album, she said no and that each song is for a different theme, so we shoulda been ready for her, again, least cohesive album rav1

give her a pass and wait for LG6 and the ASIB soundtrack rip1

7 hours ago, Beyoncé Knowles said:

Rihanna is the girl in your class you want to be friends with while Gaga is the one you avoid so she doesn't tell you for the 100th time how different and artistic she is.

Ldxsxmw.gif

Rihanna is the girl in class who is beautiful and sexy, you want to hang around with her... she is successful, skinny etc.

Gaga is the fugly fucked up weird kid you'd accidentally touch, then touch your friend and say ''here is Gaga's germs ew''.

2 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

im not even trying to drag rihanna tho jj3 the only person here clutching at straws is the one trying so hard to make queen forehead out to be superior to every other popgirl.

Then you need to take refresher courses on Urban dictionary on what dragging means, because its exactly what youre trying (and failing) to with ms fenty.

Stop worrying about riris big ass forehead and start focusing on the spectaFails that your fave calls music, performing, promo, fashion, tv, singing etc. Etc. Memes of mariah hold more relevancy than any of her singles, albums, performances or whatever else she holds dear to her has-been career.

No one is making her out to be the most superior of all pop girls. We're just stating that she's tonnes better and  superior to Orangagatan.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because she has better songs and a less annoying personality. Simple. 

i too was shocked to see a Rihanna top 10 that's not featuring _Insert mandatory male rapper or dj here_. 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.