jacs vs looser

Lists ranking Best Albums of All Times?

Hello, world! julia1  So, I'm looking for reputable (?) sources that have lists ranking the Best Albums of All Times. I already found one by Rolling Stone (Best 500 albums of all times), one by The Guardian (though a little old, it's from 1997) and one by Consequence of Sound. I'm looking for any others that you guys might know. I was hoping to find one by Billboard or the NY Times but no luck so far. Any other suggestions?

5 hours ago, jacs vs looser said:

Hello, world! julia1  So, I'm looking for reputable (?) sources that have lists ranking the Best Albums of All Times. I already found one by Rolling Stone (Best 500 albums of all times), one by The Guardian (though a little old, it's from 1997) and one by Consequence of Sound. I'm looking for any others that you guys might know. I was hoping to find one by Billboard or the NY Times but no luck so far. Any other suggestions?

http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk

It has lists of different magazines (Rolling Stone, Uncut...). Some are lists of "best albums of all time", some "best albums of a certain year". jj2 

10 hours ago, Merryem said:

Boo, I already tried that. Didn't find anything useful other than what's on the OP. carla1

7 hours ago, Angelus said:

Acclaimed music tho

they made top 6000 based on all All-time charts they found. And if album is among those 6000 (or bubbling under) you can see every list where it appeared on.

Wouldn't that be a list based on chart success only? confused1 I'm not really looking for that, but more for lists compiled by critics or people in the music industry, regardless of how successful the albums were. I'll give it a look nonetheless, thanks. 

6 hours ago, Nocturn said:

http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk

It has lists of different magazines (Rolling Stone, Uncut...). Some are lists of "best albums of all time", some "best albums of a certain year". jj2 

Ok, this seems a lot more in the lines of what I'm looking for, I'll check it out, thanks. 

26 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

Wouldn't that be a list based on chart success only? confused1 I'm not really looking for that, but more for lists compiled by critics or people in the music industry, regardless of how successful the albums were. I'll give it a look nonetheless, thanks.

Um no? Acclaimedmusic. Not Salesmusic.