Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Vintage Music

Where Do I Begin?

6 minutes ago, Vintage Music said:

I know literally nothing about Kylie Minogue. How do y'all propose I get into her? Give me recommendations! Where do I start? Convert me! 

Welcome kylie1 I always suggest starting with her 2001 Album "Fever" jj2 It's her most globally successful album and has her most solid singles run ever. The album overall is very accessible. While this isn't set in stone I'd highly recommend never starting with anything from the 80's or 90's or her most recent Non-Christmas album.

So yeah my suggestion is Fever jj2

14 minutes ago, Vintage Music said:

I know literally nothing about Kylie Minogue. How do y'all propose I get into her? Give me recommendations! Where do I start? Convert me! 

Start by listening to Ultimate Kylie. Then:

Fever -> Aphrodite -> X -> Kiss Me Once -> Light Years -> Body Language 

That's all her 2000s material, but she has 80s/90s album that are worth checking out too, 

Rhythm of Love -> Enjoy Yourself* -> Kylie* -> Let's Get to It* -> Kylie Minogue -> Impossible Princess

Kylie Minogue and Impossible Princess are her least accessible (but also her best) albums, so I'd highly recommend you listen to them last. The albums with asterisks are ones I recommend you listen to the singles only, and then if you enjoy them then listen to the rest of the album. I'm so jealous you get to experience Legendlie for the first time! You're gonna have a great time cry6

Listen to Fever first, then Aphrodite. After those, I guess just work your way through her entire Parlophone catalogue (basically all of her 21st century work).

You can listen to her first four albums if you like 80s/early 90s pop, they're dated but really cute and fun. Leave KM1994 and Impossible Princess for last, they're her least accessible but most rewarding in a longer run + they're her artistic peak.

How LUCKY you are cry6 

Start with Kylie classics such as;

All The Lovers

Confide In Me

Love At First Sight

Spinning Around

Better The Devil You Know

Chocolate

Slow

I Should Be So Lucky

If you like it then just DIVE IN oprah13

Enjoy the ride bey6

3 minutes ago, Vertigo-go said:

Why are people recommending Fever with its horrid album tracks? Ultimate Kylie is the best choice, although it's a bit too heavy on the 80s songs, and leaves out a lot of her great 90s tracks.

I know Filler has low moments but it still represents Kylie's signature sound well. The same goes for Aphrodite and Filler Of Love.

I'd start with Ultimate Kylie too.
The second disc is a very neat collection of her 94-04 catalogue and while sure it misses lots of great album tracks it does showcase her signature post 2000 sound.

Once you know you're into her sound and voice I'd work my way backwards starting on Kiss Me Once and ending on Kylie Minogue 1994.

If you like the 80s filled first Ultimate Kylie disc then you can check out her first 4 albums but as the best tracks were released as singles you wont be missing much rav2

Kylie's discography is so huge and varied you could start virtually anywhere.

Anyways, my suggested order:
UK disc 2 -> KMO -> Aphro -> X -> BL -> Fever -> LY -> UK disc 2 -> KM94 & IP

I'd start with Ultimate Kylie too, especially You Are There and her Blossom Dearie cover and Made Of Glass and then I move onto Light Years or Impossible Princess and then onto Fever then X or Body Language. Then Aphrodite. Or a maybe backtrack to her older stuff

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.