Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hermione

The Real Housewives of...

Just now, Hermione said:

The show has changed most of the long-running ones. I miss early seasons Kim and Nene so much, now they're just shallow shells of their former selves.

Am I crazy or has Ramona changed the least out of the OGs? Besides being single now, she's really not that different. I felt like I remembered her being more conservative/frigid and less dramatic in the beginning, but I rewatched some season 1 episodes recently and even back then she was calling herself a "sexy mom" and walking off the reunion. She's had seasons along the way where she was slightly more wound up than usual (6 and 9), but for the most part she's still the same person at heart. Some people never change. 

No. Ramona changed a lot. She's gotten crazier, less-conservative and just overall nuttier. S1 to now is two totally different people.

2 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

No. Ramona changed a lot. She's gotten crazier, less-conservative and just overall nuttier. S1 to now is two totally different people.

I guess so, but even back then there were signs of what would eventually come out. She had crazy eyes even if she didn't show us the crazy yet.

Old Bethenny and new Bethenny are night and day. Even though she wasn't rich or famous yet, she seemed so much happier back then. It was actually really sad to watch, knowing how things would turn out with Jill, Carole, Jason, and Dennis. She got Bryn, but apart from that she seems so stressed out and lonely in seasons 7-11 compared to back then.

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I guess so, but even back then there were signs of what would eventually come out. She had crazy eyes even if she didn't show us the crazy yet.

Old Bethenny and new Bethenny are night and day. Even though she wasn't rich or famous yet, she seemed so much happier back then. It was actually really sad to watch, knowing how things would turn out with Jill, Carole, Jason, and Dennis. She got Bryn, but apart from that she seems so stressed out and lonely in seasons 7-11 compared to back then.

Honestly, I think that's because of her divorce... I think Jason was mentally abusive of Bethenny and it broke her down to where she couldn't trust. Her social media feels warmer now; she seems happy with Paul, and I'm happy for her. I think she had to be the way she was so Jason couldn't use the show against her in court, because you damn well know that he would have. She's still fucking married.... it's gross. They separated in December 2012, and she filed for divorce in January 2013. That's fucking Hell for a person.

37 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

Honestly, I think that's because of her divorce... I think Jason was mentally abusive of Bethenny and it broke her down to where she couldn't trust. Her social media feels warmer now; she seems happy with Paul, and I'm happy for her. I think she had to be the way she was so Jason couldn't use the show against her in court, because you damn well know that he would have. She's still fucking married.... it's gross. They separated in December 2012, and she filed for divorce in January 2013. That's fucking Hell for a person.

It's kind of scary to see how drastically different their lives are between then and now. I never would have imagined most of their transformations. It makes me wonder what my life will be like in 10 years and how much I'll change and in what ways. You really never know where you'll end up.

I'm unhealthily invested in MKE's divorce. Why does the OC have so many sleazy/scumbag/cheating men? They outnumber the other cities by far.

In chronological order:

• Matt Keough
  • Simon Barney (but time has been kind to him to be honest...he doesn't seem so bad now and I wonder how much of it was exaggerated by Tamra. He actually tried to set Ryan on the right path which current season Ryan has completely forgotten.)
  • Slade
  • Jim Bellino
  • Brooks
  • David Beador
  • Jim Edmonds
  • Gina's husband
  • Shane
  • Ryan

Some are far worse than others, obviously. But is there something about this particular area that spits out such awful guys? Remind me to never date there.

As for the OC husbands I actually liked, I thought Donn was the best guy Vicki ever had. Also, I liked Terry because he was a messy bitch who lived for drama. Eddie isn't that bad either. I don't have a strong opinion of the rest.

I miss old Nene so much. She's my current least favorite but back in the early seasons I was absolutely obsessed with her. For better or worse, she was so real. Now she's just bitter and mean. I'm rewatching old RHOA episodes and the season 5 parade scene in LA made me sad for the person she used to be.

11 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Luann is already out of control. Gurl.... BYE!

Oh Luann...she needs to get her shit together. I was really rooting for her at one point around the Cool Countess era. It's too bad she had to squander all of the goodwill she acquired even after the arrest when she totally didn't deserve it. She's lucky she's white, because otherwise I don't know if a police officer would be so kind to her resisting arrest, if you know what I mean.

Season 5 of RHOA is my all-time favorite non-RHONY season. We have:

• Kenya and Porsha arriving.
  • Nene going Hollywood.
  • The peak of Phaedra.
  • High ratings.
  • An amazing reunion.
  • Kim finally admitting she doesn't care about the show and leaving.
  • 10 times the drama of previous seasons, but no physical violence yet.
  • Gone with the wind fabulous.
  • Bye ashy.
  • Donkey booty.
  • You can never win when you play dirty.
  • Don't come for me unless I send for you.
  • 265 days a year.
  • Maybe you should stop texting me then.

...All in the span of a year.

33 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Oh Luann...she needs to get her shit together. I was really rooting for her at one point around the Cool Countess era. It's too bad she had to squander all of the goodwill she acquired even after the arrest when she totally didn't deserve it. She's lucky she's white, because otherwise I don't know if a police officer would be so kind to her resisting arrest, if you know what I mean.

I unfortunately know what you mean... and it's a good thing she wasn't arrested while in Black Face. She is just... messy! I'm hoping they demote her soon, because it's what she deserves.

29 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

I unfortunately know what you mean... and it's a good thing she wasn't arrested while in Black Face. She is just... messy! I'm hoping they demote her soon, because it's what she deserves.

I always liked Luann's delusions and she was my favorite for a while, but the last couple of years she's brought so much darkness to the show. I love when housewives get drunk and start drama but not when it's in a sad way.

42 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I always liked Luann's delusions and she was my favorite for a while, but the last couple of years she's brought so much darkness to the show. I love when housewives get drunk and start drama but not when it's in a sad way.

She is honestly not fun to watch anymore. And, I guarantee, once her probation is over, she's drinking again.

On 10/31/2019 at 12:30 PM, Ruthless Love said:

She is honestly not fun to watch anymore. And, I guarantee, once her probation is over, she's drinking again.

How do you feel about the Jill rumors? I have so many mixed feelings.

On one hand, the show should be moving forward instead of backwards. Jill doesn't fit into the current premise of the show, which is middle-aged New York women drinking and letting loose.

But at the same time, I feel like people are way too hard on her. Is Jill catty and judgmental? Yes, but she's not even in the top 20 most irredeemable Housewives villains ever. Vicki, Tamra, Phaedra, Danielle, etc. to name a few have all done far worse. Jill is so obsessed with the show and staying on/wanting to look good that I can see her completely reinventing and hopefully redeeming herself like Camille temporarily did before ruining it all again.

...And that's another thing I'd be worried about. I think Jill would behave for approximately one season, and then go right back to her old ways after hearing how popular and successful her return was. And she would bring the cliques and actual fighting back to NY, which has mostly been a light funny show since she left. As much as she sucks lately, Luann is so much better when she's not a Jill sycophant.

58 minutes ago, Hermione said:

How do you feel about the Jill rumors? I have so many mixed feelings.

On one hand, the show should be moving forward instead of backwards. Jill doesn't fit into the current premise of the show, which is middle-aged New York women drinking and letting loose.

But at the same time, I feel like people are way too hard on her. Is Jill catty and judgmental? Yes, but she's not even in the top 20 most irredeemable Housewives villains ever. Vicki, Tamra, Phaedra, Danielle, etc. to name a few have all done far worse. Jill is so obsessed with the show and staying on/wanting to look good that I can see her completely reinventing and hopefully redeeming herself like Camille temporarily did before ruining it all again.

...And that's another thing I'd be worried about. I think Jill would behave for approximately one season, and then go right back to her old ways after hearing how popular and successful her return was. And she would bring the cliques and actual fighting back to NY, which has mostly been a light funny show since she left. As much as she sucks lately, Luann is so much better when she's not a Jill sycophant.

Considering Jill has been spotted filming, on multiple occasions, it wouldn't surprise me if by mid-season she were upgraded from "friend of" to full-time housewife, or even the first-ever part-time housewife. I always liked Jill, until she broke off her friendship with Bethenny, and treated her like garbage afterwards, due to Luann's meddling.

11 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

#JusticeForShannonAndHerDaughters

Reveal hidden contents

His ass is flat... I need an ass to grab when I kiss someone... and there is nothing there.

I didn't even look at the pictures because reading people's comments was disturbing enough. As much as I dislike the Tres Amigas I'm glad Shannon can realize she dodged a bullet and hopefully move on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.