Hermione

The Real Housewives of...

I'm watching the Atlantic City trip in season 7 of RHONY and I'm actually choking with laughter. lmfao1lmfao1lmfao1

Sonja leaving them in her cold foyer and calling herself a promoter in the United Arab Emirates...I just can't. I screamed when she said something along the lines of "Carole Radziwill is a correspondent. What does she know? I'm an artist." She, Ramona, Dorinda, and Luann in this episode reminded me of me and my three BFFs at my 21st birthday party.

Image result for we always have a great night gif

Last night's RHOC was insane... Dr. Deb and Braunwyn are nutjobs, but that "M.C." is mentally displaced. If she isn't brought in for the reunion and given a "guest" appearance sometime later, then I am storming Andy Cohen's office, threatening him, then screwing him in his office.

Also, Monique is reportedly causing chaos with the other Potomac girls, and the cast photo was complicated, since the other ladies didn't want to be around her. Plus, they have one new full-time housewife!

9 hours ago, Hermione said:

Sonja leaving them in her cold foyer and calling herself a promoter in the United Arab Emirates...I just can't. I screamed when she said something along the lines of "Carole Radziwill is a correspondent. What does she know? I'm an artist." She, Ramona, Dorinda, and Luann in this episode reminded me of me and my three BFFs at my 21st birthday party.

The foyer thing was hilarious; that whole trip was insane. Know what I noticed? In a drunken state, Sonja is living in a time that sounds so much better than 2019; John Kennedy Jr is alive, and Hillary Clinton is president. Wow. Good times!

source.gif

2 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Last night's RHOC was insane... Dr. Deb and Braunwyn are nutjobs, but that "M.C." is mentally displaced. If she isn't brought in for the reunion and given a "guest" appearance sometime later, then I am storming Andy Cohen's office, threatening him, then screwing him in his office.

I haven't seen it yet but I heard there's some woman named Kathy who's the new Allison Dubois. What happened?

2 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Also, Monique is reportedly causing chaos with the other Potomac girls, and the cast photo was complicated, since the other ladies didn't want to be around her. Plus, they have one new full-time housewife!

The new housewife is supposedly Wendy Osefo, who is friends with Candiace. I did some research and she seems like a major smartie, and dare I say it above the Housewives. I like her already: she's a college professor and a political commentator. Maybe she's the next Carole?

12 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I haven't seen it yet but I heard there's some woman named Kathy who's the new Allison Dubois. What happened?

She hit Kelly on the chin with a microphone, and flat out called them out during Rowan's fashion show. It was awkward, yet iconic. She's got to come back.

Plus, Tamra flat out said last night she's not a fan of Trump and his bedside manner, so there's that........... as Ryan sat there like a walking American flag. #makesmesick

13 minutes ago, Hermione said:

The new housewife is supposedly Wendy Osefo, who is friends with Candiace. I did some research and she seems like a major smartie, and dare I say it above the Housewives. I like her already: she's a college professor and a political commentator. Maybe she's the next Carole?

She hates Trump and the current administration, so she's a WIN in my fucking book! Sign me up!

2 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

She hates Trump and the current administration, so she's a WIN in my fucking book! Sign me up!

I completely support people like her being on the show because it adds legitimacy, but I also have to wonder why they'd go on a reality show in the first place. Some people are so accomplished that they don't need it, and it has the potential to completely destroy their reputation. Her resume is impressive and I'm wondering how it will all play out.

8 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

She hit Kelly on the chin with a microphone, and flat out called them out during Rowan's fashion show. It was awkward, yet iconic. She's got to come back.

Plus, Tamra flat out said last night she's not a fan of Trump and his bedside manner, so there's that........... as Ryan sat there like a walking American flag. #makesmesick

I honestly don't believe that Tamra isn't a Trump supporter. She's liked some of Ryan's political posts before, followed Tomi Lahren on Instagram (the last time I checked at least; she could have unfollowed her since then), the OC is a very conservative area in general, and there are a few more small signs. Also, a few years ago Andy accidentally tweeted who he thought each cast voted for and he said "all the RHOC are Trumpies." I think Tamra knows a large portion of the viewers are liberal gay men and she doesn't want to get canceled, so she plays coy about her political beliefs.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:22 PM, Hermione said:

I honestly don't believe that Tamra isn't a Trump supporter. She's liked some of Ryan's political posts before, followed Tomi Lahren on Instagram (the last time I checked at least; she could have unfollowed her since then), the OC is a very conservative area in general, and there are a few more small signs. Also, a few years ago Andy accidentally tweeted who he thought each cast voted for and he said "all the RHOC are Trumpies." I think Tamra knows a large portion of the viewers are liberal gay men and she doesn't want to get canceled, so she plays coy about her political beliefs.

Add LeeAnne (and let's be real, the rest of Dallas) to this list! Yikes carla1

I think the reason Brandi hesitated at the end of the midseason trailer is because she's said things just as bad, and doesn't want someone to come out and call her a hypocrite.

Are there any housewives with personalities that completely trigger the hell out of you because they remind you of someone awful you know in real life? I feel that way about Vicki, Nene, Caroline, Lydia, Kyle, and Jill, and also some of the moms like Mama Joyce, Mama Dee, Dr. Deb, and Candiace’s mom.

I completely support people like her being on the show because it adds legitimacy, but I also have to wonder why they'd go on a reality show in the first place. Some people are so accomplished that they don't need it, and it has the potential to completely destroy their reputation. Her resume is impressive and I'm wondering how it will all play out.

The money and the exposure. I mean, Lisa Rinna didn't need to go the Housewives, but the paycheck was worth it.

She didn't say anything about him as president; I know she simply stated she didn't like his bedside manner and how he speaks of women. So, that is a different situation, you know?

21 hours ago, Hermione said:

Add LeeAnne (and let's be real, the rest of Dallas) to this list! Yikes carla1

I think the reason Brandi hesitated at the end of the midseason trailer is because she's said things just as bad, and doesn't want someone to come out and call her a hypocrite.

Are there any housewives with personalities that completely trigger the hell out of you because they remind you of someone awful you know in real life? I feel that way about Vicki, Nene, Caroline, Lydia, Kyle, and Jill, and also some of the moms like Mama Joyce, Mama Dee, Dr. Deb, and Candiace’s mom.

I have to see the mid-season trailer, because I haven't seen it. BTW, Mama Dee is shady as living fuck!!!!!!! She was brutal in last night's episode.

Meghan-King-Edmonds-Jim-Edmonds-Split.jp

Another Real Housewives marriage is over. Meghan King Edmonds and Jim Edmonds called it quits after five years of marriage, Us Weekly can exclusively confirm.

‘Real Housewives’ Couples Who Filed for Divorce After Appearing on TV 

According to multiple sources, Jim filed for divorce on Friday, October 25, the day after the estranged couple’s fifth wedding anniversary. The source added that the pair got into an argument and the police were called.

“Meghan and Jim have been fighting,” one source told Us. “The latest fight began when he went to a recent hockey game and she began interrogating him about who he went with.”

She also accused him of “having an affair” with the nanny, according to the source.

The Real Housewives of Orange County alum and the former baseball pro tied the knot in October 2014. They share 2-year-old daughter Aspen and 16-month-old twin boys, Hayes and Hart.

Look who's going to be returning to the housewives next year... you know it's coming!

4 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

I do hate it. But, he's cheating scum. I just feel bad because there are children involved.

Do you think she'll come back to the show? My money is on either her or Alexis returning within the next 2 seasons. Emily needs an ally.

Also, I know this is considered their best season in a while but I'm feeling some fatigue over OC anyway. It's too screechy, toxic, trashy, and just gives me a headache. Braunwyn is desperate, Gina is infuriating to watch, Emily is lame, Shannon is tired, and Tamra is just vile. Ryan creeps me out and Dr. Deb is unwatchable. It's a sad day when Kelly Dodd, who is listed in her poor daughter's phone as "Mommie Dearest," is the most likable of the bunch. And I never thought I would say this, but I actually find myself preferring the Vicki episodes.

I'm kind of over the West Coast shows in general (and even Dallas to be honest) and will probably only stick to the 4 East Coast shows from now on. The more I think about it, the East Coast ladies are the ones I actually root for and don't hate-watch. Beverly Hills is obviously boring, and then the best way I can describe Orange County lately is just...draining.

Also, after reading a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff about how producer-driven Dance Moms is, I'm curious about how much of the Housewives is actually real and how much is fake. I've never really thought about it before until now and I'm suddenly interested. I don't think it's necessarily "scripted" (except for the people who rehearse their lines like Phaedra and LeeAnne) but a lot of it wouldn't happen without cameras present or pressure from production. I'm guessing that the early seasons are more authentic, and over time it becomes more fake in order to raise the stakes. But a lot of the moments are things that can't be scripted or faked, like Russell committing suicide and Vicki's mom dying. Those things are 100% real and worked into the show. I wonder how confusing and frustrating it must be for the cast to know which parts of the show are real and fake and not being able to tell us.

I highly doubt this is true, but I saw an amazing fan conspiracy theory that Andy was the one who called the feds on the Giudices to get back at Joe calling someone "gaylord" at the dance lesson scene in season 1. Imagine if he was behind them going to jail and knew the whole storyline would get great publicity and ratings. I have no evidence for this but I'm going to choose to believe it anyway because it's amazing.

16 hours ago, Hermione said:

Do you think she'll come back to the show? My money is on either her or Alexis returning within the next 2 seasons. Emily needs an ally.

Alexis already said she'd be willing to do more guest work, but her time as a full-time housewife is done and over with. So, yes, I do see Meghan coming back, simply because it's a paycheck and her divorce drama could drive the season; Vicki coming in and saying, "I told you so, bitch!"

Also, I know this is considered their best season in a while but I'm feeling some fatigue over OC anyway. It's too screechy, toxic, trashy, and just gives me a headache. Braunwyn is desperate, Gina is infuriating to watch, Emily is lame, Shannon is tired, and Tamra is just vile. Ryan creeps me out and Dr. Deb is unwatchable. It's a sad day when Kelly Dodd, who is listed in her poor daughter's phone as "Mommie Dearest," is the most likable of the bunch. And I never thought I would say this, but I actually find myself preferring the Vicki episodes.

The beginning of the season was great, but following that Arizona trip, it's just become.... sad, again. Same... Vicki in the "friend of" role suits her, and is making her somewhat likable again. It would not surprise me if she's back full-time next season, but Orange County needs a one-year gap in filming, because these revamps just are not working.

I'm kind of over the West Coast shows in general (and even Dallas to be honest) and will probably only stick to the 4 East Coast shows from now on. The more I think about it, the East Coast ladies are the ones I actually root for and don't hate-watch. Beverly Hills is obviously boring, and then the best way I can describe Orange County lately is just...draining.

Dallas is on fire for me. I love it. But, I'm pretty much done with the West Coast franchises. I removed Beverly Hills from my DVR, and I might remove Orange County after this season is completed. And I removed New Jersey The Theresa Show, too.

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

Also, after reading a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff about how producer-driven Dance Moms is, I'm curious about how much of the Housewives is actually real and how much is fake. I've never really thought about it before until now and I'm suddenly interested. I don't think it's necessarily "scripted" (except for the people who rehearse their lines like Phaedra and LeeAnne) but a lot of it wouldn't happen without cameras present or pressure from production. I'm guessing that the early seasons are more authentic, and over time it becomes more fake in order to raise the stakes. But a lot of the moments are things that can't be scripted or faked, like Russell committing suicide and Vicki's mom dying. Those things are 100% real and worked into the show. I wonder how confusing and frustrating it must be for the cast to know which parts of the show are real and fake and not being able to tell us.

I don't think it's all scripted, but I do believe production puts things into each season to drive a specific "storyline" (like the Munchausen one from Beverly Hills). The O.G. seasons of AtlantaNew York and Orange County were definitely the "realest" seasons. I mean, just look at how they were filmed in comparison to the later seasons. They weren't as made up and they just lived their every day lives; they changed the tone of the franchise. You cannot deny that, and neither can the housewives.

3 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Alexis already said she'd be willing to do more guest work, but her time as a full-time housewife is done and over with. So, yes, I do see Meghan coming back, simply because it's a paycheck and her divorce drama could drive the season; Vicki coming in and saying, "I told you so, bitch!"

Even though they didn't end on a good note, I can see Kelly and Meghan reconciling and becoming allies again (at least for the show). I don't see Meghan bowing to the clique of Las Tres Amigas Plus Braunwyn and Gina.

The beginning of the season was great, but following that Arizona trip, it's just become.... sad, again. Same... Vicki in the "friend of" role suits her, and is making her somewhat likable again. It would not surprise me if she's back full-time next season, but Orange County needs a one-year gap in filming, because these revamps just are not working.

Vicki honestly works really well as a comic relief side character. She keeps commenting on all their Instagram photos asking if she's invited to certain filming events and it's amazing to see her begging for relevance like that considering she once called RHOC "her" show. Some of the housewives are at their best when they've been knocked down a few pegs. Luann is another one.

Dallas is on fire for me. I love it. But, I'm pretty much done with the West Coast franchises. I removed Beverly Hills from my DVR, and I might remove Orange County after this season is completed. And I removed New Jersey The Theresa Show, too.

If there's an interesting storyline then I can probably go back to RHOC, but I'm completely done with RHOBH. The Kelly train rumor and Gina's DUI were what got me to tune into the first half of the season, plus I actually thought I would like Braunwyn at first, but now those two things aren't being discussed as much and Braunwyn ended up being a weirdo. She kind of reminds me of a more liberal version of Aviva from her first season, who seemed decently normal at first but the inner lunatic eventually came out halfway through and it just got worse from there. Plus, they're both attention whores.

Literally zero tea has come out about this upcoming season of RHOBH, which is a horrible sign. How are they even going to make a compelling trailer? It's time to cancel it.

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Vicki honestly works really well as a comic relief side character. She keeps commenting on all their Instagram photos asking if she's invited to certain filming events and it's amazing to see her begging for relevance like that considering she once called RHOC "her" show. Some of the housewives are at their best when they've been knocked down a few pegs. Luann is another one.

Luann needs another knock down, because last season was just BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Literally zero tea has come out about this upcoming season of RHOBH, which is a horrible sign. How are they even going to make a compelling trailer? It's time to cancel it.

I heard that producers are so disappointed in this season, because all of the girls are getting along too much. That's not a good sign. Plus, Denise has been M.I.A. for a while!

59 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

"I bought you a car, and you're going to make the payments!"

Vicki clearly became scripted over the years; Vicki in the first 4-5 seasons is NOT the same Vicki now... and I'm not just talking about her face.

I agree with this! I didn't think so until recently either. I thought she just became more delusional over the years as "fame" changed her, but now I think the transformation is so drastic something either happened in her head along the way or she's purposely playing a cartoon character version of herself for the show. She was always desperate, insecure, and horrible at reading the room, but she wasn't as much of a bumbling idiot back then. She was actually smart even if she had zero self-awareness.

My favorite moment in this clip is the Bunco party where Gretchen yells "THEN WHY ARE YOU DATING BROOKS?!" at Vicki. lmfao2

I also love "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND, MY SOULMATE, MY SISTER!" and "I HAVE NEVER BEEN WITH MULTIPLE PARTNERS IN MY LIFE!" rip4

I can't believe I'm saying this, but absence has made my heart grow fonder for Vicki. She was my all-time most hated housewife at one point, but now I'm able to appreciate her funny and iconic moments even if she's not the best person. I guess I feel like there are more pressing evils to focus on in the Bravo-verse now. Has any other reality show ever documented 14 years of someone's life? She's been on TV longer than the Kardashians.

22 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I agree with this! I didn't think so until recently either. I thought she just became more delusional over the years as "fame" changed her, but now I think the transformation is so drastic something either happened in her head along the way or she's purposely playing a cartoon character version of herself for the show. She was always desperate, insecure, and horrible at reading the room, but she wasn't as much of a bumbling idiot back then. She was actually smart even if she had zero self-awareness.

The show changed her and she isn't the same; I expect changes over time, but Vicki now is NOT the same Vicki when the series began, and that's an issue. Something was done. The facelifts changed her, too, lol. Realistically, Vicki went from a care-free spirit, to a very self-centered, mean girl.

14 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

The show changed her and she isn't the same; I expect changes over time, but Vicki now is NOT the same Vicki when the series began, and that's an issue. Something was done. The facelifts changed her, too, lol.

The show has changed most of the long-running ones. I miss early seasons Kim and Nene so much, now they're just shallow shells of their former selves.

Am I crazy or has Ramona changed the least out of the OGs? Besides being single now, she's really not that different. I felt like I remembered her being more conservative/frigid and less dramatic in the beginning, but I rewatched some season 1 episodes recently and even back then she was calling herself a "sexy mom" and walking off the reunion. She's had seasons along the way where she was slightly more wound up than usual (6 and 9), but for the most part she's still the same person at heart. Some people never change.