Jon.

‘Beauty & The Beast’ Malaysia Release Set With No Cuts

It looks like Beauty And The Beast will have a happy ending in Malaysia after all. The country’s largest cinema chain, Golden Screen Cinemas, tweeted today that the film will be released on March 30 with no cuts and rated PG-13. The news comes after the local censor sought over four minutes of edits “involving a gay moment” which Disney refused. The Mouse postponed the release last week saying the film “has not been and will not be cut for Malaysia.”

The movie was then submitted to the Film Appeals Committee, a separate body to the censorship board, which has the power to reverse the board’s decision. It was known that the Committee was screening the film today. There has been no official confirmation from Disney Malaysia, although Golden Screen Cinemas also wrote on its Facebook page, “This is official from Disney. No cuts. PG13. 30 March. GET YOURSELF READY!” Deadline has reached out.

The film’s delay in Malaysia arose when censors objected to what’s been referred to as a “gay moment”: Josh Gad’s portrayal of LeFou as smitten with the handsome cad Gaston (Luke Evans). Sex between men is illegal in Malaysia. On screen, gay characters are allowed to be depicted, but only if they show repentance or are portrayed in a negative light.

Source: http://deadline.com/2017/03/beauty-and-the-beast-gets-malaysia-release-date-no-cuts-disney-controversy-1202047630/

Just now, Skywalker said:

OH WAIT BITCH I JUST REALIZED UR JON LIKE MY FRIEND JON jkdsajkdjasdajk i didn't know u'd changed ur name!

KSDLJFKSDGJDSGLDSJGKDSKJ I'M SCREAMING fall2

I've had this username for a long time now gaycat1

The scene in question is so subtle that one of the people I went to see the movie with didn't even catch it. So idk what they would possibly cut anyway! There are a few other references that are super subtle, but nothing that's like YOOOO IM HELLA GAY I DO GAY THINGS. It was a total non event.

3 minutes ago, QUINN said:

The scene in question is so subtle that one of the people I went to see the movie with didn't even catch it. So idk what they would possibly cut anyway! There are a few other references that are super subtle, but nothing that's like YOOOO IM HELLA GAY I DO GAY THINGS. It was a total non event.

Disney Malaysia actually cut off a few minutes of some scenes apparently, but told the Film Censorship Board that they will not cut off all the scenes entirely because they stand for what they believe in, which caused the censorship board to postpone the movie and then it became an issue over here rip3

6 minutes ago, Jon. said:

Disney Malaysia actually cut off a few minutes of some scenes apparently, but told the Film Censorship Board that they will not cut off all the scenes entirely because they stand for what they believe in, which caused the censorship board to postpone the movie and then it became an issue over here rip3

Ugh, I truly hate the world sometimes rip3