Say Lou Lou

Is ...Baby one more time the most iconic debut lead single ever?

Just now, light741 said:

I like xtina a lot. Her raw talent is there and can't be ignored. But to say that she is on par with Mariah in legacy and vocal ability?. That's certainly not true.

I like Xtina too. But, yeah. You cannot compare her to the second best selling female artist of all time.

1 hour ago, light741 said:

Since you say xtina probably has a bigger legacy. Please show the receipts.

Are you gonna keep deflecting? All the lashings caused your brain to malfunction? 

tumblr_mb1jtl0FOU1r23ps8o3_r1_250.gif 

1 hour ago, Mason said:

Well for one, Mariah's career didn't end in less than 10 years. RIP Xtina. 1999-2007.

Also, Vision of Love is credited with influencing many female artists to even want to sing, Xtina being one of them. Beyoncé and Rihanna have also listed Mariah as impacting them and making them want to sing. Don't compare Floptina to a skinny legend. Bye.

Xtina first flopped in 2010. 11 years since her debut, 12 if we count MR. 

No one ever claimed that the cow hasn't influenced someone else. Can you even read? 

Mariah skinny? 

A cowriah stan calling someone else a flop? brave!  Let me kindly remind you that The Elusive Cow sold less than 1/4 of what Lotus sold. 

1 hour ago, Mason said:

Floptina fans are getting brave. Crazy when she hasn't had a solo #1 since 2000 or a hit album since B2B.

Said the Tinashe and Jojo stan.

1 hour ago, Mason said:

I like Xtina too. But, yeah. You cannot compare her to the second best selling female artist of all time.

Mariah, Céline and Rihanna have all sold more records than the cow. You can't catch a break, poor thing. 

@#1 @Cruella de Vil yet another newbie who stans both the cow and the zombie. nat1 

9 minutes ago, Selig said:

Are you gonna keep deflecting? All the lashings caused your brain to malfunction? 

No one ever claimed that the cow hasn't influenced someone else. Can you even read? 

Mariah skinny? 

A cowriah stan calling someone else a flop? brave!  Let me kindly remind you that The Elusive Cow sold less than 1/4 of what Lotus sold. 

Mariah, Céline and Rihanna have all sold more records than the cow. You can't catch a break, poor thing. 

@#1 @Cruella de Vil yet another newbie who stans both the cow and the zombie. nat1 

WKOR.

4YeKO7H.gif

1 hour ago, Selig said:

Mariah skinny? 

I have to try your name calling game. Maybe i can catch up with you. So here i go.

The banshee is a 2 albums wonder. Back to being basic underperformed for an album in 2006. Then the greatest hits album in 2008 flopped.

Where is the proof that banshee has a bigger legacy?. A bigger trackrecord at flopping checked. What about the bigger legacy part?.

tumblr_lp4c3e1ojd1qmj04jo4_400.gif

8 minutes ago, light741 said:

What about the bigger legacy part?.

What about you saying Mariah is the only vocal legend of all genres, male and females, of the past 30 years dancey1

What about you never replying to the argument that Christina being less impactful does not mean she's not still widely impactful in general as a vocalist dancey1

What about you ignoring the varied list of respected publications that put Christina alongside the greatest vocalists of all time dancey1

What about them coffee1

3 minutes ago, Jjang said:

What about you saying Mariah is the only vocal legend of all genres, male and females, of the past 30 years dancey1

What about you never replying to the argument that Christina being less impactful does not mean she's not still widely impactful in general as a vocalist dancey1

What about you ignoring the varied list of respected publications that put Christina alongside the greatest vocalists of all time dancey1

What about them coffee1

Something about that has been done.

The rest. My respond to you is. Since you are one of those that say i avoid everything. Follow your own advice. Stop avoiding the fact that you ran along with the claim that xtina has a bigger legacy. 

2 hours ago, light741 said:

Yoou know where.

dancey1

Here? confused1

or maybe... here? cloud1

No? It must be here then nat1

omg... finally found it, it's here oprah10

Meanwhile, what you said was this 

"And established [Vision of Love] her as the last vocal legend we have seen ever since." - debunked.

"What other vocal legend came out after Mariah?" - debunked.

"her impact in terms of singing is not on par with Whitney, Mariah, let alone Aretha, Billy, etc." - debunked, by yourself. (about Mariah being on the same pedestal as the other girls)

So no, I've been perfectly consistent and it's you who keeps jumping to false conclusions, next time try focusing on the content of the arguments instead of figuring out what lame gif you're going to post next.

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

Here? confused1

or maybe... here? cloud1

No? It must be here then nat1

omg... finally found it, it's here oprah10

Meanwhile, what you said was this 

"And established [Vision of Love] her as the last vocal legend we have seen ever since." - debunked.

"What other vocal legend came out after Mariah?" - debunked.

"her impact in terms of singing is not on par with Whitney, Mariah, let alone Aretha, Billy, etc." - debunked, by yourself. (about Mariah being on the same pedestal as the other girls)

So no, I've been perfectly consistent and it's you who keeps jumping to false conclusions, next time try focusing on the content of the arguments instead of figuring out what lame gif you're going to post next.

This went out of hand. The  moment selig said that xtina problably has a bigger legcy than Mariah. After that the comments such as, Mariah is mediocre. Mariah is not one of the greats like Whitney, etc start to appear. It didn't feel right to me that you upvote those comments if you are being honest when you say that you don't see xtina on the same level. Then why support the comments saying those things?. You can't expect me to stay out of this and not respond to those people. If somebody was saying that Britney has a bigger legacy than Madonna. And that Madonna isn't one of the greats. You woouldn't have anything to say about that?.

6 hours ago, light741 said:

If somebody was saying that Britney has a bigger legacy than Madonna. And that Madonna isn't one of the greats. You woouldn't have anything to say about that?.

That's not the situation we're in though anna1 In fact, the proper analogy would be that people are saying Rihanna and Britney are both Madonna derivatives (aka Christina and Mariah are both Whitney derivatives), so that it's pretty stupid (for you) to be so obsessed about claiming Britney (Mariah) has a bigger legacy simply because she debuted earlier than Rihanna (Christina) ayumi1 Rihanna and Britney both added new elements to the Madonna template, but that template remained essentially unchanged, so if you're gonna use the "she added nothing new!" argument against Rihanna (Christina) then you should also use it against Britney (Mariah) but you refuse to do this, and that's why people are calling you out on double standards kii1

10 hours ago, light741 said:

This went out of hand. The  moment selig said that xtina problably has a bigger legcy than Mariah. After that the comments such as, Mariah is mediocre. Mariah is not one of the greats like Whitney, etc start to appear. It didn't feel right to me that you upvote those comments if you are being honest when you say that you don't see xtina on the same level. Then why support the comments saying those things?. You can't expect me to stay out of this and not respond to those people. If somebody was saying that Britney has a bigger legacy than Madonna. And that Madonna isn't one of the greats. You woouldn't have anything to say about that?.

But you're still not being able to grasp the double standard, if you're so bothered then why not give objective explanations to why Mariah is all that and why Christina is not a vocal legend? interesting1

6 hours ago, Jjang said:

But you're still not being able to grasp the double standard, if you're so bothered then why not give objective explanations to why Mariah is all that and why Christina is not a vocal legend? interesting1

I already explained why Mariah is xtina's vocal superior.

11 hours ago, Earth Ripper said:

That's not the situation we're in though anna1 In fact, the proper analogy would be that people are saying Rihanna and Britney are both Madonna derivatives (aka Christina and Mariah are both Whitney derivatives), so that it's pretty stupid (for you) to be so obsessed about claiming Britney (Mariah) has a bigger legacy simply because she debuted earlier than Rihanna (Christina) ayumi1 Rihanna and Britney both added new elements to the Madonna template, but that template remained essentially unchanged, so if you're gonna use the "she added nothing new!" argument against Rihanna (Christina) then you should also use it against Britney (Mariah) but you refuse to do this, and that's why people are calling you out on double standards kii1

And Whitney is Aretha and Etta derivative. But i don't say Whitney is their equal or that she surpassed them. Because that's obviously not the case. And Mariah has a bigger legacy than xtina. But thanks for proving my point again. A madonna stan will never give her any credit. So for a Madonna stan to talk about double standards ayumi1

On 3/23/2017 at 3:56 PM, light741 said:

Isn't Mariah the 3 best selling female?.

She's sold 200m records. I don't count Rihanna's streams.

On 3/23/2017 at 5:30 PM, Selig said:

Mariah skinny? 

Yeah. Let's compare Mariah's 14th studio album to Xtina's 7th. 5th if you don't count the Xmas and Spanish. Great logic. Either way, she's forgotten. She can have fun in her Oreo commercials I guess.

And Rihanna has not sold more records. She's streamed more. If Primeriah was around in the days of streaming , she'd destroy rihanna. Also, please present me with the numbers proving that she has, cause celine stans like to throw big numbers out, but don't have the receipts to back it up.

And what do Tinashe or JoJo have to do with this? Sorry I don't stan someone for their success? I'm not a basic who only cares about sales rather than actual talent. Bye.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love artists with multiple debut singles 

•Peaked at #1 in EVERY country that charted •+15M units sold •Iconic MV •Skyrocketed Britney as a living legend with only 17 years old •Inspired many artist (and many more to come)

DEBUT lead single

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.