Say Lou Lou

Is ...Baby one more time the most iconic debut lead single ever?

On 8/31/2018 at 6:08 AM, Littleswiftie said:

Not when Just Dance existsgaga10

Nope, Just dance’s video was boring and had no interesting performances while BOMT was accompanied by an iconic video and iconic performances. brit10 

11 hours ago, Imperfect said:

Nope, Vision of Love is

Not even close in almost all regards brit10 

On 9/6/2018 at 11:08 AM, Vesper said:

Nope, Just dance’s video was boring and had no interesting performances while BOMT was accompanied by an iconic video and iconic performances. brit10 

Not even close in almost all regards brit10 

I agree with you for once brit10

Both Mariah and Gaga have other songs in their catalog that were more iconic than their debut single. That’s not the case for Britney nat1 

10 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

And when Bad Romance came out they both went burn1

Depends where you live really. 

I feel that here Poker Face and Telephone had a much bigger impact than Bad Romance. 

5 hours ago, Agugaga said:

I agree with you for once brit10

Both Mariah and Gaga have other songs in their catalog that were more iconic than their debut single. That’s not the case for Britney nat1 

Arguably Oops and Toxic nat1 but either way, having the most iconic debut single isn’t something everyone can have I guess nat1 

59 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Arguably Oops and Toxic nat1 but either way, having the most iconic debut single isn’t something everyone can have I guess nat1 

BOMT is more iconic and peaked higher than both oprah14 

11 hours ago, Agugaga said:

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

Womanizer had quite a impact when it came out. But as time has went on it's impact has decreased quite significantly. jj2 

Baby One More Time is easily her most iconic song. Although Toxic is better. wendy2

14 hours ago, Agugaga said:

Toxic could easily go down as her signature song. BOMT, while forever iconic, has been overshadowed by Toxic as time goes on. Millions more streams, nearly equal YouTube views, and referenced in memes, parodies, and viral videos in today’s age far more than BOMT. Toxic has aged like fine wine in the music scene. It sounds a thousand times more fresh, even after 15 years.  oprah14 

13 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Toxic could easily go down as her signature song. BOMT, while forever iconic, has been overshadowed by Toxic as time goes on. Millions more streams, nearly equal YouTube views, and referenced in memes, parodies, and viral videos in today’s age far more than BOMT. Toxic has aged like fine wine in the music scene. It sounds a thousand times more fresh, even after 15 years.  oprah14 

BOMT is still more iconic oprah14

Toxic is her second biggest hit but I know her fans like to push the narrative that it's her biggest hit. Similar to the false narrative that "blackout is groundbreaking album that changed the game," ny5 

9 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Toxic is her second biggest hit but I know her fans like to push the narrative that it's her biggest hit. Similar to the false narrative that "blackout is groundbreaking album that changed the game," ny5 

In today’s music climate, Toxic is more relevant. In overall terms, I guess BOMT wins, but Toxic has had more longevity. There’s a reason it’s #1 and far ahead of BOMT on Spotify. It reflects people’s interest in back catalogues in the future generation’s climate and Toxic keeps winning. 

Blackout wasn’t the most revolutionary album ever to exist, but it did have its influence. More than Bionic. ny1 

Listen to “Look What You Made Me Do” and tell me that doesn’t sound Blackout influenced. From the “dark pop” vibes to the lashing at the media a la Piece of Me, if it influenced Taylor Swift, it still did more than Bionic ever wished it could ny1 

7 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Listen to “Look What You Made Me Do” and tell me that doesn’t sound Blackout influenced. From the “dark pop” vibes to the lashing at the media a la Piece of Me, if it influenced Taylor Swift, it still did more than Bionic ever wished it could ny1

Honey Human Nature exists. brit9

Also, Stripped has more impact and influence than every Britney album combined. brit9

8 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Hilarious ny2 

Only to forum X stans. ny2 

Name me one Brit album that had as much impact as Stripped? brit9 Is it ...Baby? Or no, maybe Britney or In the Zone? It must be Circus or Britney Jean right? brit9

Stripped's fashion and music and the whole era inspired Selena's Revival, Demi's Tell Me You Love Me, Miley's Bangerz.... brit9

The songs have inspired lots of people around the world esp Beautiful, Fighter, Can't Hold Us Down, I'm OK... brit9 Which Brit song has had an actual impact on someone's life as the songs I mentioned? brit9 Brit is just a popstar and a product, esp now. Xtina was never a product except her debut era where her label tried to make her look like a Brit wannabe but she later decided to rebel against it and release Stripped. brit9

10 minutes ago, Rachel Green said:

Name me one Brit album that had as much impact as Stripped? brit9 Is it ...Baby? Or no, maybe Britney or In the Zone? It must be Circus or Britney Jean right? brit9

Stripped's fashion and music and the whole era inspired Selena's Revival, Demi's Tell Me You Love Me, Miley's Bangerz.... brit9

The songs have inspired lots of people around the world esp Beautiful, Fighter, Can't Hold Us Down, I'm OK... brit9 Which Brit song has had an actual impact on someone's life as the songs I mentioned? brit9 Brit is just a popstar and a product, esp now. Xtina was never a product except her debut era where her label tried to make her look like a Brit wannabe but she later decided to rebel against it and release Stripped. brit9

The delusional girl wants to point out that “Toxic” aged better thus its Britney’s biggest hit, but won’t admit that most of Britney’s albums have remained stuck in the past, while “Stripped” has influenced many pop stars and has made a lasting impact. 

Britney is more known for singles than she is her albums.

Toxic has aged better than Baby One More Time, but i'd put that down to the fact that Baby One More Time is more cheesy. 

2 hours ago, Agugaga said:

I’m pretty confident that Toxic is indeed more known than BOMT, especially outside the US.

1 hour ago, Rachel Green said:

ugh this narrative is so boring, tired and false.

Britney’s songs had an impact on people’s lives, yeah. Ignorance is not cute.

All of the ex-acts you mentioned have cited Britney as an inspiration as well, you guys need to stop thinking that is only exclusive to Xtina. 

And how is Xtina not a product? lmfao1 

She has fragrances and dolls, the album that LAUNCHED her career was a manufactured bubblegum pop album. Trying to erase history? Xtina is not a BJORK, you could say she’s a more talented version of Britney Spears: Blonde, marketed to sell sex and looks, sold MILLIONS of records and she also has people writing and producing for her i.e Beautiful her signature hit was written by Linda Perry.

Newsflash: you stan a pop star too 

get off your high horse

brit9 

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love artists with multiple debut singles 

•Peaked at #1 in EVERY country that charted •+15M units sold •Iconic MV •Skyrocketed Britney as a living legend with only 17 years old •Inspired many artist (and many more to come)

DEBUT lead single

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.