Say Lou Lou

Is ...Baby one more time the most iconic debut lead single ever?

12 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Literally the answer is in the post you quoted 

Meaning someone that fucks up as frequently as they do does not belong on Broadway, period. And yes, in the world of vocal elites even Whitney falls short, as she's not a saint either when it comes to fatal vocal flaws lol. 

How is this relevant to the topic of Christina being a vocal legend though? 

David Bowie - Vocal Legend

Bob Dyland - Vocal Legend

Bob Marley - Vocal Legend

Freddie Mercury - Vocal Legend 

They're x156 more flawed than both Christina and Mariah, are they suddenly not vocal legends? bey5

So Whitney couldn't do broadway either because she wasn't perfect. Yet people like Ricky Martin have done Broadway. And his technique is not above Mariah and Whitney.

5 minutes ago, light741 said:

So Whitney couldn't do broadway either because she wasn't perfect. Yet people like Ricky Martin have done Broadway. And his technique is not above Mariah and Whitney.

You forgot to reply to the most important part of the comment though, I thought bolding it and making it x5 bigger would give you a hint, but guess not, let me quote myself again then

16 minutes ago, Jjang said:

How is this relevant to the topic of Christina being a vocal legend though? 

David Bowie - Vocal Legend

Bob Dyland - Vocal Legend

Bob Marley - Vocal Legend

Freddie Mercury - Vocal Legend 

They're x156 more flawed than both Christina and Mariah, are they suddenly not vocal legends? bey5

Let's just put it this way, Whitney wouldn't be in the top 30 of all time best Broadway singers, yet she easily makes the top spots according to public perception / publications that report about Popular music, does that help shift your perspective a tiny bit gif lamb boy? tea2

this whole damn thread has basically turned into one side picking bad performances of xtinct and another picking bad performances of mariah kesha2  straight up pointless argument and it has nothing to do with brit's debut anyway. Mariah's voice is pretty damaged 30 years into her career as a singer as is christina's, it's nothing we don't already know. It shouldn't be up for discussion about which is more of legend because not only do we already know the answer but it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the thread aretha1 aretha1

6 hours ago, light741 said:

I dropped to your moral code. That's what you are saying. The moment you said banshee has more impact in singing. LOL.

Cows are worshiped in India. They are beautiful creatures. Banshees on the other hand....................................

You proved nothing. Mariah has better vocals this decade than banshee. And videos about banshee's shitty technique have been posted.

Mariah started in 1985 as a back up singer. 32 years singing with nodules she has had since childhood.

20 years ago?. Here Mariah slaying banshee 14 years ago. 2005.

Here Mariah, after 24 years of singing with her nodules. Producing more resonance than banshee. 0:49. 2012.

2013. 1:32-2:30. 2:38. Doesn't sound like somebody with no voice.

2:38-3:01. Doesn't sound like somebody that can't sing anymore. She is using head voice. Also belting, whispering in this video.

What about 2014?. Yes she can still sing in 2014.

By the way, where is the proof that banshee has the bigger singing legacy?. When are you going to explain that?.

CURRENTLY 

Do you even know what that word means? rip2 Posting videos from more than a decade ago while discussing the current times. rip2 This is one of her latest performances, this is her CURRENT state. kii1 

Everyone has mopped the floor with you throughout the entire thread yet you're still trying. ari1 Have some self-respect or at least shame and just leave already. The cow is DONE, she can't sing anymore. kii1 Xtina is in a way better condition as proven by their latest performances. nat1 

Anyway, I'm done dragging you. You are just repeating the same nonsense over and over and you refuse to listen even when everyone has exposed you as the deluded, stubborn, biased, ignorant and not so bright person that you are. Back to ignore list, xoxo. Keep seething! kii1 

1 hour ago, Selig said:

CURRENTLY 

Do you even know what that word means? rip2 Posting videos from more than a decade ago while discussing the current times. rip2 This is one of her latest performances, this is her CURRENT state. kii1 

Everyone has mopped the floor with you throughout the entire thread yet you're still trying. ari1 Have some self-respect or at least shame and just leave already. The cow is DONE, she can't sing anymore. kii1 Xtina is in a way better condition as proven by their latest performances. nat1 

Anyway, I'm done dragging you. You are just repeating the same nonsense over and over and you refuse to listen even when everyone has exposed you as the deluded, stubborn, biased, ignorant and not so bright person that you are. Back to ignore list, xoxo. Keep seething! kii1 

Banshee still is behind Mariah. Where is the proof that banshee has the bigger legacy?. I'm still waiting. You aren't done. We both know you will rspond again. Because you love to discredit Mariah. Where is banshee's bigger legacy?.

In the meantime. From this decade.

Can't sing anymore. In your dreams. Again, where is banshee's bigger legacy?.

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

Not this 

Being better than this fall1

A madonna stan thinking xtina has anything above Mariah vocally. What else is new?.

Maybe this will be the new record for a conversation about Mariah and madonna fans trying to discredit her. So time for the gifs to comeback.

Sailor-Mars-vs-DD-Girl-1-sailor-moon-358

35 minutes ago, light741 said:

A madonna stan thinking xtina has anything above Mariah vocally. What else is new?.

Maybe this will be the new record for a conversation about Mariah and madonna fans trying to discredit her. So time for the gifs to comeback.

Sailor-Mars-vs-DD-Girl-1-sailor-moon-358

You're so deep in denial lmao

On 3/30/2017 at 6:19 AM, havok said:

CURRENTLY 

The way you dragged him. 

7 minutes ago, light741 said:

You bumped a thread to talk specifically about a Mariah comment.

No I quoted the thread to specifically highlight you getting dragged which shows youve been spouting the same shit for over a year. Tragic. 

On 3/23/2017 at 6:24 PM, Earth Ripper said:

All irrelevant dodging, as you usually do. I made that comment in response to you saying "poor Aretha if Christina if considered to be a vocal legend now!!" (I wasn't talking about her being on the same level, just as being included in their category as vocal legends, and so were you when you made that comment) as if the same doesn't apply to Mariah, who you now, ironically, admit is not on Aretha/Etta's level either rip3 I guess Aretha should be crying because you're calling Marirah a vocal legend too then, if we use your logic.

I think you're being too quick. Whitney's technique/impact runs circles around both Mariah and Christina, it's still weird to me how you keep protecting Mariah from the same scrutiny you throw at Christina wendy2 It's so unfair. Fan boy prejudice no doubt.

On 3/23/2017 at 6:50 PM, Jjang said:

And of course you would ignore the points and post your phony ass gifs 

On 3/23/2017 at 7:18 PM, Kuba said:

Sis the typical Madonna stans supplied you with plenty of evidence (Nothing new!) which you keep dodging in favour of your own opinions. Don't discredit this argument with such a sloppy claim 

On 3/23/2017 at 7:18 PM, Earth Ripper said:

rip3

Plain fiction.

Even though she's listed right alongside Mariah in all the "best vocalists" lists and was, like I showed, the youngest vocalist to be featured in Rolling Stone's list of top vocalists of all time, a magazine you yourself mentioned as having ultimate authority when it comes to identifying vocal legends rip3 You should be studied, your level of hypocrisy is truly fascinating.

On 3/23/2017 at 7:29 PM, Earth Ripper said:

You literally discredited Christina's claim to legendary status by claiming that magazines like Rolling Stone (aka quality music publications) never called her a legend rip3 Even though the opposite is plainly true. Another instance of you closing your eyes whenever something other than your own opinion is shown. Note how I, despite me thinking Christina is not good enough to be regarded as a vocal legend (which I clearly stated), still defended her claim to legendary status by simply referring to relevant data like magazines, polls, statements by other singers,... aretha1 I get that this is a very exotic theory for you, but sometimes you can choose to set your opinion to the side to talk about the bigger picture to stay on topic. Try it some time.

On 3/23/2017 at 7:30 PM, Earth Ripper said:

I'm not gonna think Mariah is amazing just because someone else praised her, just like you don't believe Christina is a legend because every major music publication calls her a legend ayumi1

The difference is that I can acknowledge that all major music publications call Christina a legend despite my personal feelings about her, while you actively ignore what everyone else says to pretend that your opinion extends into the entire universe rip3

On 3/23/2017 at 7:36 PM, havok said:

I did not, and that's exactly why I NEVER claimed my speculation and opinion as facts, unlike you. I mean, common sense? dead4 

By who? Where's the proof? Is there even an organization with the credentials to dictate who has been the most influential? I wanna see it. You're literally claiming shit out of your ass without ANY factual evidence to back it up. Are you just gonna keep repeating yourself? kii1 Your opinion has NO value, why are you even attempting to act like it does? You're a nobody, a deluded cow stan that gets butthurt whenever the whale you stan for gets questioned. 

On 3/23/2017 at 7:45 PM, Earth Ripper said:

Then drag him with skill, not by fighting back with the same thing you can't handle hottie1

Together with his name calling he also brought up many good points, if I can give you a hint, taking on those is actually key in winning this discussion, not focusing on the bits of sassy decoration in people's posts ayumi1 We get that that's your strategy of staying out of the more difficult waters, but because we get it, it's not gonna work.. So just focus on the fucking content.

On 3/24/2017 at 1:35 AM, Jjang said:

Here? confused1

or maybe... here? cloud1

No? It must be here then nat1

omg... finally found it, it's here oprah10

Meanwhile, what you said was this 

"And established [Vision of Love] her as the last vocal legend we have seen ever since." - debunked.

"What other vocal legend came out after Mariah?" - debunked.

"her impact in terms of singing is not on par with Whitney, Mariah, let alone Aretha, Billy, etc." - debunked, by yourself. (about Mariah being on the same pedestal as the other girls)

So no, I've been perfectly consistent and it's you who keeps jumping to false conclusions, next time try focusing on the content of the arguments instead of figuring out what lame gif you're going to post next.

On 3/28/2017 at 11:14 AM, Earth Ripper said:

But I didn't do that now, so don't use that against me carla1 How is that so hard to understand.

I did, because I think the other vocal legends you mentioned are superior, something I'm sure you'll agree with hottie1 Compared to someone like Etta James, Mariah and Xtina are right in the same boat for me. That is not an insult, that's just an opinion that's not yours bey4 Learn how to take it, you're on a discussion forum, remember.

And you're still ignoring the fact that I only talked about technique because you did, my main points were about Mariah and Xtina's status in pop culture, which you keep denying/ignoring chi1 I don't give a rat's ass about Mariah's vocal technique, I took issue with you saying that Xtina is not a vocal legend despite people perceiving her as such (I gave you some receipts for that), and despite the fact that your arguments for what makes a vocal legend work against Mariah being one too brit13 If you're not gonna start talking about that again, don't quote me again, and own the fact that you only want to have conversations your way, even if you have to completely distort what other people are saying.

On 3/28/2017 at 1:34 PM, Earth Ripper said:

I do remember. It lasted so many because of the same reason: you can't/refuse to read and keep switching topics/ignoring people's arguments brit13

It's happening again: you quoted a post that explicitly stated that vocal technique had no bearing on the subject of whether or not Xtina is a vocal legend, and you bring up vocal technique once again rip3 I get that that was in response to what I said about Idol, but then you do ignore the bit of my post that's in underlined bolt ayumi1

That was about them both being Whitney derivatives who are still perceived to be impactful vocal legends. You denied the latter portion of that statement, I'm still waiting for a proper explanation for that, after pages of off-topic Madonna fan bs bey5

The way im bathing in all the truth and tea being spilled over and over again in this thread. 

The way that @light741 sorry hawk25 was dragged for filth. 

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love artists with multiple debut singles 

•Peaked at #1 in EVERY country that charted •+15M units sold •Iconic MV •Skyrocketed Britney as a living legend with only 17 years old •Inspired many artist (and many more to come)

DEBUT lead single

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.